Yes, We Can
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:49:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Yes, We Can
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Yes, We Can  (Read 8657 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2016, 07:05:48 AM »

Super Tuesday Part I: The Republicans

Williams: "The time is eight o'clock here on the east coast and the polls have closed in a number of states and we can make a few projections in the Republican Race for President."

Maddow: "NBC news calling Masschusetts for its Senator, Republican Scott Brown."

Masschusetts: Scott Brown
Scott Brown: 406,101 (64.31%)
Rand Paul: 100,783 (15.96%)
Paul Ryan: 70, 825 (11.21%)
Marco Rubio: 40,471 (6.40%)
Other: 3,233

Maddow: "We can also project the state of Vermont will be won by Scott Brown, as well this evening."

Vermont: Scott Brown
Scott Brown: 26,401 (42.47%)
Paul Ryan: 15,791 (25.56%)
Rand Paul: 11,781 (19.07%)
Marco Rubio: 7,510 (12.15%)
Other: 300 (0.59%)

Williams: "Two wins for Senator Brown as the evening gets underway, and it appears we can make another projection on the Republican side. NBC New now makes it projection in the state of Alabama for Congressman Paul Ryan."

Alabama: Paul Ryan
Paul Ryan: 371,136 (45.99%)
Scott Brown: 180,606 (22.38%)
Marco Rubio: 159,805 (19.80%)
Rand Paul: 87,515 (10.84%)
Other: 7,911 (0.99%) [/size]

Maddows: "Two wins on the board for Mr. Brown and one for Mr. Ryan. We do not know what the final delegate count will be, but are projections are Massachusetts and Vermont for Senator Scott Brown and Alabama for Congressman Paul Ryan."

Williams: "A number races left too close to call and let's take a look on the board at the following states without a winner projected at this time."

Races Too Close to Call

Oklahoma
Paul Ryan 35%
Scott Brown: 25%
Marco Rubio: 24%
Rand Paul: 15%

Georgia
Scott Brown: 39%
Marco Rubio: 30%
Paul Ryan: 26%
Rand Paul: 6%

Tennessee
Scott Brown: 31%
Paul Ryan: 28%
Marco Rubio: 22%
Rand Paul: 17%

Virginia
Scott Brown: 37%
Paul Ryan: 34%
Marco Rubio: 15%
Rand Paul: 10%
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2016, 10:18:54 AM »

Great TL! I look forward to the rest of Super Tuesday.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2016, 09:52:20 AM »

Projection: Scott Brown Wins Georgia
Scott Brown: 502,994 (41.11%)
Paul Ryan: 332,689 (27.19%)
Marco Rubio: 305,847 (24.99%)
Rand Paul: 80,723 (6.59%)
Other: 1,203 (0.12%)

Maddows: "Another win for the Brown campaign, frankly a decisive win in the state of Georgia."

Williams: "So far it is Brown with three wins tonight, one for Ryan and zero for the other contenders for the Republican nomination, most notably Marco Rubio."

Maddow: "Hold that thought, we have a projection to make: Oklahoma will be won tonight by Congressman Ryan."

Projection: Oklahoma for Paul Ryan
Paul Ryan: 139,565 (33.13%)
Scott Brown: 120,142 (30.89%)
Marco Rubio: 109,565 (28.38%)
Rand Paul: 51,684 (6.59%)
Other: 228 (0.05%)

Scott Brown: 166 Delegates
Paul Ryan: 109 Delegates
Marco Rubio: 39 Delegates
Rand Paul: 32 Delegates
John Kasich: 5 Delegates (4.68)
Other: 0

Maddow: "Another projection in the Republican Race. NBC new is calling Arkansas for Senator Scott Brown."

Projection: Scott Brown Wins Arkansas
Scott Brown: 133,145 (32.67%)
Paul Ryan: 124,871 (30.64%)
Marco Rubio: 101,238 (24.84%)
Rand Paul: 48,117 (11.80%)
Other: 168 (0.05%)

Scott Brown: 182 Delegates
Paul Ryan: 124 Delegates
Marco Rubio: 38 Delegates
Rand Paul: 32 Delegates
Other: 0

Williams: "Close, but still a win for Scott Brown, in Arkansas of all places. Certainly, not a place he was expected to win tonight. Let's bring in Steve Schmidt."

Schmidt: "So, far so good for Senator Brown tonight. He's winning in states that are not full of moderate or more liberal Republicans, but then again Brown is not running as a moderate. He's running a very populist orientated campaign, not quite unlike the Perot campaigns in 1992 and 1996. He's running on a message, you're being taken advantage of, it's the big guys fault and I'm going to call it out. Powerful message and definitely effective."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2016, 11:44:19 AM »

A Strong Night For Scott Brown
Senator Scott Brown took a big step towards securing the Republican nomination, Tuesday night. The Senator scored big wins in Vermont and Massachusetts, while winning impressively in Georgia, Tennessee and Virginia. While Paul Ryan scored the big win in the state of Texas, Brown kept the margins close, giving Ryan a 33% to 31% win. Rand Paul won the Alaska Caucus, while Senator Marco Rubio failed to win a single state, once more bringing into question the longevity of his campaign going forward. Rubio promises to keep in the race, vowing to win his home of Florida.

Scott Brown: 301 Delegate (31.73%)
Paul Ryan: 244 Delegates (30.99%
Marco Rubio: 88 Delegates (19.63%)
Rand Paul: 69 Delegates (11.78%)
Other: 0 (1.19%)

Ryan Sets Himself Apart from the GOP Field
Congressman Paul Ryan won four contests on Super Tuesday, coming ahead of Marco Rubio. Ryan looks to make this contest a race between him and Scott Brown; a conservative and moderate Republican argument. "I have a proven track record of conservative results and I will hold it up to anyone in the race."

Fox News Poll: Republican Nomination - Post Super Tuesday
Scott Brown: 34%
Paul Ryan: 30%
Marco Rubio: 13%
Rand Paul: 11%
Undecided: 12%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2016, 09:13:08 PM »

Obama Dominates Super Tuesday!

Alabama:
Barack Obama: 92%
Jim Webb: 6%
Other: 2%

Alaska:
Barack Obama: 85%
Jim Webb: 9%
Other: 6%

Arkansas:
Barack Obama: 82%
Jim Webb: 17%
Other: 1%

Colorado:
Barack Obama: 85%
Jim Webb: 14%

Georgia:
Barack Obama: 91%
Jim Webb: 8%

Massachusetts:
Barack Obama: 90%
Jim Webb: 9%

Minnesota:
Barack Obama: 90%
Unpledge: 9%

Oklahoma:
Barack Obama: 59%
Jim Webb: 35%
Other: 6%

Tennessee:
Barack Obama: 79%
Jim Webb: 18%
Unpledged: 3%

Texas:
Barack Obama: 77%
Jim Webb: 20%
Unpledged: 2%

Vermont:
Barack Obama: 94%
Jim Webb: 4%

Virginia:
Barack Obama: 60%
Jim Webb: 38%

Obama Keeps on Rolling
A strong night, as expected for President Obama thrashed Jim Webb on Super Tuesday. The President came out ahead in all the contests, including the Oklahoma primary where Jim Webb performed better than expected, garnering 35% to the President's 59%. In Webb's home state of Virginia, Obama won the primary in a landslide, beating Webb; 68% to 30%. Again, the argument from many Democrats, including DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz is where is the path to victory for Webb. "He's failing to win enough delegates and he's failed to win a single state," Schultz said on the morning show circuit. "I respect Mr. Webb, I like Mr. Webb, but he is only harming himself, by staying in an attacking the President."

The President, has wisely stayed out of the fray when it comes to Webb, instead leaving the critiquing to his fellow Democrats. Speaking of Webb, Obama has praised him for his service to the country and "welcomes his voice in the debate." National polls continue to put the President ahead of Webb 89% to 7%.

BREAKING NEWS: Jim Webb Ends Campaign; Does not Endorse Obama
"Today, I am announcing the end of my campaign for President of the United States. I wish I could say this has been a fair process, I wish I could say this was a campaign waged on ideas, but it's not and it has not been. I can see there is an urgency in my fellow Democrats to end this race, to end debate, to end the Democratic primary. My campaign is low on fund, we've been outspent, but we've raised issues, I've made my point, I only wish I could go on. I wish I could have served as your President."
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2016, 09:36:30 PM »

The Webb has been ebbed.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2016, 09:44:01 PM »

General Election Polls: March 2016
Brown & Ryan Make it Competitive with President Obama

NBC/WSJ: Obama vs Brown (+5)
Barack Obama: 49%
Scott Brown: 44%

NBC/WSJ: Obama vs Ryan (+6)
Barack Obama: 50%

NBC/WSJ: Obama vs Rubio (+9)
Barack Obama: 51%
Scott Brown: 42%

NBC/WSJ: Obama vs Paul (+12)
Barack Obama: 52%
Scott Brown: 40%

ABC/WASH POST:

NBC/WSJ: Obama vs Brown (+5)
Scott Brown: 45%

NBC/WSJ: Obama vs Ryan (+5)
Barack Obama: 49%

NBC/WSJ: Obama vs Rubio (+7)

NBC/WSJ: Obama vs Paul (+11)
Barack Obama: 52%
Scott Brown: 41%

CNN/ORC:

NBC/WSJ: Obama vs Brown (+3)
Barack Obama: 48%

NBC/WSJ: Obama vs Ryan (+4)
Barack Obama: 48%

NBC/WSJ: Obama vs Rubio (+7)
Scott Brown: 43%

NBC/WSJ: Obama vs Paul (+10)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2016, 09:03:53 AM »

Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine and Kansas

Brown Wins ME and LA Contests
Maine:
Scott Brown: 9,040 (52.40%) 15
Rand Paul:    3,890 (22.55%)   6
Paul Ryan:    2,270 (13.16%)   1
Marco Rubio: 1,399 ( 8.11%)
Other:              650

Louisiana
Brown: 120,189 (43.32%) 18
Ryan: 117,947 (42.51%) 18
Rubio: 33,807 (12.18%) 5
Paul: 4,452 (1.98%)
Other: 1,001 (0.003%)

Paul, As Expected Wins Home State of Kentucky
Kentucky:
Rand Paul: 100,000 (54.72%) 34
Scott Brown: 23,250 (12.72%) 4
Paul Ryan:    20,590 (11.26%) 2
Marco Rubio: 17,890 (9.78%)
Other:            1,011 (0.005%)

Ryan Takes Kansas
Kansas:
Paul Ryan: 35,207 (48%) (24)
Scott Brown: 17,062 (23%) (9)
Marco Rubio: 12,189 (16%) (6)
Rand Paul: 7,795 (10%) (1)
Other: 863 (3%)

Super Saturday: Brown Chugs Along, Ryan Comes up Short, Paul Passes Rubio
Scott Brown: 345 (34.61%)
Paul Ryan: 294 (33.25%)
Rand Paul: 112 (14.97%)
Marco Rubio: 100 (11.10%)
John Kasich: 5 (4.68%)
Other: 0 (1.39%)

The Republican Race continued on Saturday, with Scott Brown emerging victorious in the Maine Caucuses as expected and then taking a surprise win in the Louisiana Primary, beating early favorite Paul Ryan. Early voting polls gave Ryan 43% to 41% lead over Brown, but on primary day Brown came out on top, 42% to 39% giving him the narrow win over the Congressman. Ryan, prevailed in one contests on Saturday, winning the Kansas Caucus with nearly 50 percent of the vote.

Rand Paul topped Marco Rubio in the delegate count Saturday, by winning his home state of Kentucky. Rubio, as he did on Super Tuesday finished poorly in the primary and caucuses, further questioning the relevancy of his candidacy and decision to remain in the race. Speaking with CNN's John King, who questioned if the Senator was "delusional over his chances", Rubio responded by saying, "We're not because it's the delegates that will decide the nomination. I'm going to do well once we get into the winner take all states, especially my home state of Florida." Polls show Rubio, still on top in Florida, 44% to Brown's 25%.

Among the breakdown of Republican primary voters the numbers are as follows, based on the exit polls from Super Tuesday's Contest in Virginia:

Very Conservative Voters: Ryan: 30% Brown: 27% Rubio: 21% Paul: 17%
Somewhat Conservative Voters: Brown: 33% Ryan: 27% Rubio: 18% Paul: 16%
Moderate Voters: Brown: 44% Ryan: 23% Rubio: 16% Paul: 12%

Ryan Suggests it's Time for Rubio to Exit the Race
Ryan Makes his Pitch in Detroit, MI. A Michigan Poll show him losing to Brown 36% - 32%
Speaking to voters in Michigan, the next primary state to vote, Paul Ryan seemed to suggest Marco Rubio needs to drop out of the race. "When the only place you're counting on is you're home state, that's not much of a winning strategy." Rubio has repeatedly refused to answer calls to drop out of the race, stressing the importance of Florida's winner take all primary. Rubio, once a favorite for the Republican nomination saw his campaign falter and stumble after a poor showing in the New Hampshire primary, following what was deemed by all account a disastrous debate performance right before the primary. Public opinion polls continue to put Rubio between third and fourth place for the Republican nomination and the latest round of general election polls show him losing handily to President Obama.

CNN/ORC Poll: Michigan Primary
Paul Ryan: 33%
Marco Rubio: 12%
Undecided: 8%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2016, 09:43:15 PM »

America Votes: Primary Night

Maddow: Another Tuesday, another primary night and the results are starting to trickle in. Tonight, we are watching the key Michigan Primary.

Todd: "Tonight, I think is a big night for one person, Paul Ryan. He needs Michigan, he should do well in Michigan, frankly he should win it. A loss here, given it's proximity to Wisconsin and the fact he has spent a lot of time here, would be, I think a blow to his campaign.

Maddow: "On that note, some solace for the Ryan campaign tonight, NBC news is projecting Mr. Ryan the winner in Mississippi."

Ryan Wins MS Primary
Paul Ryan: 44.6% (24)
Scott Brown: 35.0% (13)
Marco Rubio: 13.5%
Rand Paul: 7.9%

Williams: "An early win for Paul Ryan, expected, thoughrs Chuck Todd?

Todd: "Yeah. I mean he's done well in all these states, so this is unexpected tonight. The real test as I said will be in Michigan."

Williams: "And as results are trickling in, Senator Scott Brown with an early lead in Michigan. Less than one percent reported, but a good start for the Massachusetts Senator."

Michigan Primary: Too Early to Call
Scott Brown: 45.1%
Paul Ryan: 36.8%
Marco Rubio: 9.4%
Rand Paul: 8.7%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2016, 08:21:12 AM »

Scott Brown Wins Michigan Primary, Looks Ahead to the General Election
Scott Brown came out the big winner on Tuesday's contest, capturing the Michigan Primary by a crushing margin, 45% to Paul Ryan's 34%. Brown, also won a decisive win in the Hawaii Primary, beating Ryan 49% to 31%. Rand Paul finished third with 16 percent. Brown, who held an election night rally in Michigan seemed to be looking past the Republican Primary and instead focusing on the general election. He made but one mention to his Republican rivals, noting Ryan called to congratulate him on the Michigan Primary.

Brown chastised President Obama for the weak economy and capitulating to dictators on the world stage. "America needs a champion, America does not need a pacifier. America needs a leader, America does not need a complainer," Brown said to thunderous applause.

Paul Ryan, won only the Mississippi Primary, while Rand Paul won a surprise upset in the Idaho primary. Though, Ryan trails Brown by 61 delegates, some pundits are beginning to declare the race for Brown, setting up an important battle for the GOP front runner in the March 15th primaries, specifically the Florida and Ohio primaries. For most Republican insiders have been calling the primary a two-person race between Brown and Ryan, with Paul serving as a wild card.

Marco Rubio, widely seen as the loser in the March 8th contests faces a big hurdle as he heads into the March 15th campaign. The Florida primary, a winner-take all contest is trending in Rubio's favor, but beyond Florida there is really seen as no path to the nomination for the Florida Senator. "He needs to start winning and he hasn't won anything," Former RNC Chair Michael Steel said on MSNBC's Morning Joe. "Okay, he wins Florida, but what next? Where does he go after winning his home state."

Republican Primary: Delegate Count: Need 1,237 to be Nominated
Scott Brown: 397
Paul Ryan: 336
Rand Paul: 130
Marco Rubio: 100

Kasich Endorses Brown, Calls him a "Shaker and a Doer"
Speaking in his home state, a week before the Ohio Primary, Governor John Kasich threw his support behind Scott Brown. He praised the Republican Front runner for running a campaign on "getting things done" and "promising to shakeup the political order in Washington." Kasich, a former candidate for President is widely seen as a potential candidate for Vice President, a name floated around by the Brown campaign, since Kasich's departure after the New Hampshire primary. Kasich, would not comment on VEEP speculation, but he did say he would be open to serving in a Republican administration.

Polls show Brown leading Paul Ryan 43% to 35% in the Ohio primary.

CNN/ORC Poll: Florida Primary (Rubio +15)
Marco Rubio: 40%
Scott Brown: 25%
Paul Ryan: 20%
Rand Paul: 8%
Undecided: 4%

CNN/ORC Poll: Illinois Primary (Brown +4)
Paul Ryan: 35%
Marco Rubio: 8%
Undecided: 7%

CNN/ORC Poll: Missouri Primary (Ryan +2)
Paul Ryan: 39%
Scott Brown: 36%
Marco Rubio: 6%
Undecided: 9%

CNN/ORC Poll: North Carolina Primary (Brown +4)
Marco Rubio: 8%

CNN/ORC Poll: Ohio Primary (Brown+8)
Paul Ryan: 43%
Scott Brown: 35%
Rand Paul: 9%
Marco Rubio: 6%

BREAKING NEWS: RUBIO SUSPENDS CAMPAIGN, BACKS SCOTT BROWN
Coming as a shock, ahead of the Florida Republican Primary on March 15, Senator Marco Rubio dropped out of the Republican race for President, endorsing Senator Scott Brown. While, polls showed Rubio leading in Florida, his campaign saw little path to victory, even by winning the 99 delegates. The recent CNN polls put Rubio ahead by only fifteen points, a significant drop from past polls that showed Rubio ahead by 20 to 25 points.

The decision by Rubio, so close to the primary, has many wondering if the Florida Senator is angling for the VP spot on a potential Brown ticket. Rubio, who is not running for reelection to the Senate, entered the Republican race a favorite, but missteps and a poorly run campaign resulted in a fall from grace.

Rubio called Brown "the man for the job" and asked all Republicans to unite behind the Massachusetts Senator in order to "defeat Obama and win back the White House so we can finally restore the promise of America!"

The departure of Rubio from the race throws in contention the Florida primary. Brown has initially trailed in second place, with Paul Ryan coming in a distant third. The race now becomes a real battle between Brown and Ryan. A victory by Brown could upend the Republican race for good. The Ryan campaign offered no comment on the Rubio departure, saying only, "We're going to fight for every vote in Florida!"

Fox News Poll: Florida Primary (Brown +3)
Paul Ryan: 34%
Rand Paul: 16%
Undecided: 13%

Scott Brown Attack Ad: Ryan Wrong on Medicare, Wrong for America
Narrator: "Want to know a similarity between Paul Ryan and President Obama? Both want to cut medicare! Paul Ryan's plan to cut to medicare would hurt seniors, turning the program into a voucher program. We need reform, but not at the expense of our seniors. Ryan lacks the solutions. Vote to keep medicare and keep fighting for our seniors."
I'm Scott Brown and I approve this message.

Ryan Hits Back, Attacks Brown
Campaigning in Florida, Paul Ryan hit back against Scott Brown's attack ad criticizing Ryan's medicare reform plans. "I was shocked by Senator Brown's attack ad. Comparing me to President Obama," Ryan said to laughs from the crowd. "I'm like President Obama, come on Scott, you know better than this. Frankly, Scott Brown seems to be more in line with President Obama. He favors keep in place much of Obamacare and that not only hurts seniors, but it hurts everyone!"

Obama: Keep it up GOP
Speaking at a Democratic fundraiser, the President chided his Republican rivals, while also hoping the in-fighting between Scott Brown and Paul Ryan continues. "The more they fight, the more they help our cause, so keep it up Scott and Paul! You're doing me a favor."

CNN/ORC Poll: General Election: Obama Still Ahead
Obama: 50% (+6.7)
Republican: 43.3%

Barack Obama: 50% (+6)
Paul Ryan: 44%

Barack Obama: 49% (+5)

Barack Obama: 51% (+9)
Rand Paul: 42%

CNN/ORC Poll: Republican Primary (Brown +6)
Rand Paul: 16%
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2016, 09:13:19 AM »

Sad Webb is out.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2016, 02:01:44 PM »

Ryan Hits Brown for Pro-Choice Stance;
RIGHT TO LIFE GROUPS BLASTS BROWN ON HIS ABORTION STANCES
Scott Brown has largely avoid a debate over the issue of abortion throughout the primary. As the primary heats up between Brown and Paul Ryan, the Wisconsin Representative is hitting Brown for his pro-choice stance, calling him out of step with the majority of Republican voters. Brown responded back by saying, "his position is where the majority of the country is," adding also, "I am not running on the choice or life issue, I'm running to fix our economy and restore the American Dream."

Ryan, who won the District of Columbia Caucuses over the week capturing 49 percent to Brown's 45 percent, is looking at the next contests on March 15th, which includes the Florida Primary and its 99 delegates. Polls show Brown holding onto a narrow lead 42 percent to Ryan's 38 percent. Ryan has been crisscrossing the state trying to convince undecided voters he is the right person to lead the Republican Party against President Obama.

Obama Follows his Republican Rivals, Blasts Them as "Swindlers"
As the GOP candidates campaign in Florida, President Obama hit the campaign trail, making stops in North Carolina, Ohio and Florida. "We've brought unemployment down to five percent," Obama told an adoring crowd of thousands. "Our standing in the world is improved. Millions of people are working. America is back. So, don't let any of these Republican swindlers tell you otherwise. The only way they win by distorting the progress we've made these last eight years!" President Obama, the presumptive nominee for the Democratic Party has been making economic speeches in his visits to critical swing states. Approval rating for the President give him a 51 percent approval rating. In this state of Florida, where Obama held five public events, polls put him up 48 percent to Scott Brown's 43 percent and up 49 percent to Paul Ryan's 44 percent.

Scott Brown Tops Ryan on Tuesday Contests
MA Senator Wins FL, NC, OH and IL.

Ohio Republican Primary: 100% Reported
Scott Brown: 45% (66)
Paul Ryan:   43%
Rand Paul:   11%

North Carolina Republican Primary: 100% Reported
Scott Brown: 47% (38)
Paul Ryan:   44% (33)
Rand Paul:   9%

Illinois Republican Primary: 100% Reported
Scott Brown: 46% (34)
Paul Ryan:   43% (29)
Rand Paul:   8% (6)

Florida Republican Primary: 100% Reported
Scott Brown: 48% (99)
Paul Ryan:   41% (29)
Rand Paul:   8% (6)

Missouri Republican Primary: 100% Reported
Paul Ryan: 46% (21)
Scott Brown:   45% (19)
Rand Paul:   8%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2016, 09:47:40 AM »

Ryan Takes Utah, Brown Wins Arizona
Both Agree to Debate in Wisconsin
Paul Ryan made a small comeback Tuesday night, winning the Utah Caucus, while Scott Brown won the Arizona primary; the big prize of the night. Brown shattered the long sought threshold of garnering fifty percent in a primary victory. The Massachusetts Senator continues to be in the driver's seat as the primary heads into the next contests, specifically in the Northeast. The two leading candidates for the Presidency have agreed to debate each other prior to the Wisconsin primary, ending a week long feud between the two campaigns over a debate format and time. Rand Paul is unlikely to participate.

In his early morning victory speech, Ryan declared his campaign has the "momentum" and looks for a bigger comeback in Wisconsin.

Utah Republican Caucus: 100% Reported
Paul Ryan: 49% (21)
Scott Brown: 37% (15)
Rand Paul: 13% (4)

Arizona Republican Caucus: 100% Reported
Scott Brown: 50% (58)
Paul Ryan: 41%
Rand Paul: 7%

Debate Night: Brown vs Ryan

Brown Hits Ryan's Reform Plans
Continuing the message which helped him defeat Paul Ryan in Florida, Scott Brown continues to pound Paul Ryan over his proposed reforms to social security and medicare. "Congressman Ryan's plans are not big bold solutions, they are big bad reforms." Brown promised to work with Congress to find solutions that would benefit all Americans and "tackle the nation's fiscal challenges."

Ryan Blasts Brown as "Living in Fantasy Land"
In a state where he has strong Republican and conservative support, Paul Ryan came out swinging hitting Scott Brown for being out of step, "with the conservative movement". Ryan chided Brown for his moderate position on abortion, and called his attacks on his proposed reforms "delusional." Ryan, also went after Brown for his championed stance of being a "Massachusetts Republican". "If he's a Massachusetts Republican, the land of John Kerry and Elizabeth Warren, then he's living in fantasy land. We have big challenges, Senator and we need to step up and address those problems, now!"

Wisconsin Republican Primary: RYAN WINS!
Paul Ryan Wins Big in Home State, Keeps Campaign Going Heading into the Northeast against Scott Brown.

Wisconsin Primary
Paul Ryan: 57% (46)
Scott Brown: 34%
Rand Paul: 9%

Scarborough: "Big win for Paul Ryan last night, but is it enough to bring his campaign back from the abyss. Hard to say."

Brown: "I congratulate Paul on his victory tonight. He was expected to win here, he should win here. We'll meet him in New York and continue to make our case."

Todd: "Paul Ryan needs to do well in places like New York, Pennsylvania to keep the campaign going. He's certainly going to get a major cash flow after the Wisconsin win, but he needs to keep up the momentum. He needs to starting beating Scott Brown."

CBS TRACKING POLL: NEW YORK PRIMARY (Brown +11)
Scott Brown: 49%
Paul Ryan: 38%

CBS TRACKING POLL: PENNSYLVANIA PRIMARY (Brown +6)
Undecided: 10%

CBS TRACKING POLL: MARYLAND PRIMARY (Prior to WI PRIMARY) Brown +16
Scott Brown: 51%

Brown Continues to Hold Lead in Nat'l Polls -- Ryan Keeps Hope Alive, Promises Upset in NY. -- Pres. Obama's approval rating holds at 50% -- 

CBS TRACKING POLL: REPUBLICAN PRIMARY (BROWN +5)
Paul Ryan: 40%

FOX NEWS POLL: REPUBLICAN PRIMARY (BROWN +4)
Scott Brown: 46%
Paul Ryan: 42%
Rand Paul: 5%

CNN POLL: REPUBLICAN PRIMARY (BROWN +9)
Scott Brown: 48%
Undecided: 6%
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2016, 10:14:46 AM »

Why is Rand staying in the race!?

Also can we see another state-by-state map?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2016, 10:22:56 AM »

Scott Brown
Paul Ryan
Rand Paul
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2016, 01:41:17 PM »

Why is Rand staying in the race!?

Also can we see another state-by-state map?

Ya, I'd say by now he'd drop out and seek re-election.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2016, 02:18:24 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: SEN. RAND PAUL DROPS
Paul speaking to supporters in Bowling Green, KY called its quits in his race for President.
Speaking to a crowd of supporters in his home state of Kentucky, Senator Rand Paul announced his decision to end his bid for Presidency, but did not offer an endorsement of either Scott Brown or Paul Ryan. Paul, stated he would instead be focusing on his bid to win reelection to the Senate and would support the eventual Republican nominee.

Paul, considered a long shot for the Republican nomination, entered the GOP race for President in September 2015, but rocketed to the top of the pack. While a long shot, Paul boasted strong fundraising numbers and a superior ground game in both Iowa and New Hampshire. Paul finished third in Iowa and came up a surprising second in New Hampshire, a loss for which is campaign never fully recovered. While Paul managed to win the Nevada Caucus and Alaska on Super Tuesday, his only other win was his home state of Kentucky. His poor fundraising numbers and crumbling organization meant the end for the Paul campaign and the decision came down shortly after the campaign's loss in Utah, a state where the campaign heavily organized for a potential second place showing.

Paul now returns to the campaign trail, running for reelection to the United States Senate. Polls show him ahead 55 percent over his Democratic challengers, but the race is expected to tighten in the coming months.

CNN/ORC POLL: Republican Nomination
Scott Brown: 50%
Paul Ryan: 43%

NBC/WSJ: POLL: Republican Nomination
Scott Brown: 49%
Undecided: 9%

CBS/YOUGOV POLL: NY, PA PRIMARIES

New York Primary: Brown+9
Scott Brown: 51%

Pennsylvania Primary: Brown+6
Scott Brown: 47%
Paul Ryan: 41%

Ryan Campaigns in New York and Pennsylvania
Pitching his case to Republican voters, Ryan looks to turn the tide in the NY and PA primaries by defeating Scott Brown.

Scott Brown Reruns MA Victories
Speaking to large working-class voters in both PA and NY, Scott Brown is looking to replay the same strategies which delivered his victories for the Senate in Massachusetts and have helped carry him to victory thus far in the race for President.

Republican Primary: Too Close to Call

Scott Brown: 89,569 (52.90%)
Paul Ryan: 77,426 (45.73%)
Other: 2,300 (1.37%)

Maddow: "Polls have consistently show Senator Brown with a lead in New York, but NBC News is reporting the race is too close to call at this point

Todd: "Senator Brown is doing well in the more moderate to liberal areas of the state, while Paul Ryan is doing much better upstate. Remember this is land of Jack Kemp. Paul Ryan got his political career started by working with Jack Kemp, so there is a lot riding on him with this state."

Maddow: "Are we expecting this to be a long night than Chuck?"

Todd: "Brown is ahead by about twelve thousand voters, he's built up a pretty sturdy lead, but the exit polls released a little earlier showed this to be a closer race than the polls have initially shown, so we'll wait and see."
New York Republican Primary:
Brown: 89,569
Difference: 12,143 Votes
Paul Ryan: 77,426
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2016, 07:14:45 PM »

SCOTT BROWN PROJECTED TO WIN NEW YORK PRIMARY
New York Republican: 100% Reported
Scott Brown: 128,521 (51.86%) 55 Delegates
Paul Ryan: 116,761 (47.12%) 40 Delegates
Other: 2,501 (0.93%)

Scarborough: "Another victory for Scott Brown, last night and in the big state of New York. Paul Ryan says he's staying in, but I have to believe his campaign must be in full panic mode this morning. They need to win in New York."

Brzezinski: "They are saying this morning how they closed the gap."

Scarborough: "And they lost. He still lost. I mean they have to start beating him, because the calendar is more favorable to a Scott Brown Republican, then a Paul Ryan Republican."

Brzezinski: "As the campaign heads into the next round of states including the all important Pennsylvania Primary, both Republican candidates are already canvassing the state, hoping to lock down support before the Republican primary on April 26th. Polls currently show Scott Brown leading in the Keystone State, but in his concession speech last night Paul Ryan seemed to suggest his campaign would continue to press on, despite the growing up hill climb."

Ryan: "...we're going to keep pressing on, taking our message to all corners of this country, preaching a vision of reform, of solutions and results. I have made the tough calls, the unpopular calls, but also the right calls, because folks, that's what leadership is all about."

Scott Brown:  (37.46%)
Paul Ryan: (32.69%)
Rand Paul: (12.76%)
Marco Rubio: (11.10%)
John Kasich:  (4.68%)
Other: (1.31%)

Scarborough: "All you can say he's got a winning smile and an upbeat personality and this is coming from a guy who likes Paul Ryan, who respects Paul Ryan, who agrees him far more ideologically then Scott Brown, but the guys needs to see the handwriting on the wall, because he is going to get thrashed in the rest of the Northeast, I'm just telling you like it is. Mike Barnicle, do you agree?"

Scott Brown Sweeps April 26th Contests

Connecticut Republican Primary: 100% Reported
Scott Brown: 66% (22)
Paul Ryan: 33% (6)

Rhode Island Republican Primary: 100% Reported
Scott Brown: 69% (15)
Paul Ryan: 30% (4)

Delaware Republican Primary: 100% Reported
Scott Brown: 54% (16)
Paul Ryan: 45%

Maryland Republican Primary: 100% Reported
Scott Brown: 52% (38)
Paul Ryan: 47%

Pennsylvania Republican Primary: 100% Reported
Scott Brown: 51% (17)
Paul Ryan: 48%

Need 1,237 to be Nominated
Scott Brown: 913 Delegates (38.26%) Needs 324  to be Nominated on 1st Ballot
Paul Ryan: 505 Delegates (31.89%) Needs 732 to be Nominated on 1st Ballot
Rand Paul: 146 Delegates (12.76%)
Marco Rubio: 100 Delegates (11.10%)
John Kasich: 5 Delegates (4.68%)
Other: 0 (1.31%)

Is it over for Paul Ryan? Insiders Say: It's Time to Fold
Falling behind in the delegate count, Paul Ryan is facing mounting questions over his ability to win the Republican nomination, or risk a contested convention.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2016, 07:28:32 PM »

Limbaugh Sounds off on Scott Brown
The most influential conservative talk radio host has kept his opinions relatively quiet throughout the Republican Primary, but following Scott Brown's sweep of the April 26th contests, Rush Limbaugh is sounding the alarm over Scott Brown. "Scott Brown is a Massachusetts. Moderate. Republican. Folks, this is the state which produced Mitt Romney and look how that turned out." Limbaugh, who has been critical of all the candidates, including Paul Ryan, voiced issue with Brown as his potential nomination looms. "I ask the voters in the next few states to think long and hard. The political class. The pundits. They all say Scott Brown is the key to salvation. He is the one who can win the sacred middle. He can carry independents. He can do what Romney failed to do. He can beat Obama. Be careful. Be careful, because while there are many things to dislike about Paul Ryan he is a hell of a lot more conservative and consistent than Senator Center Fold Brown."

Many conservatives are scratching their heads over Limbaugh's decision to speak on Scott Brown, given the momentum he currently amassed and the speed his campaign has picked up following his victory in New Hampshire. Limbaugh has been quiet on all the candidates, even saying at one point in March, "they're all flawed in their own ways. None of them are perfect. No one in this crop will be the next Ronald Reagan."

National Polls currently put Scott Brown is the strongest position over Paul Ryan to take on President Obama. The latest ABC/Washington Post Polls puts Obama ahead 48 percent to Brown's 44 percent. While Ryan trails Obama 49 percent to 42 percent.

Rumors Abuzz over Obama VP Shortlist
The President and his campaign have offered no clues as to a prospective running mate to replace Joe Biden on the ticket. Three names circulating on the Washington cocktail circuit include Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro and Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Clinton has openly dismissed talks of serving on the ticket. Clinton would be 69 one election day and with the prevailing wisdom being that Obama wishes to have his Vice President groomed as a successor in 2020, (as it is likely the President will seek a fourth term) Clinton would be rather an unlikely candidates.

Most expect the President to select someone considerably younger. Other rising stars include Former Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley, New Jersey Senator Cory Booker and New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2016, 06:23:56 PM »

Maddow: "Indiana. The state which has produced Birch and Evan Bayh. Mike Pence and Richard Murdock is now the next phase of the Republican Primary. Both Scott Brown and Paul Ryan are battling for votes in this winner-take all primaries. Scott Brown is coming off impressive victories in the Northeast, where Mr. Ryan carried zero states. The Ryan campaign has faced increasing pressure from many to withdraw from the race and back Mr. Brown, even as conservative anxiety over the Massachusetts Republican begins to reach a boiling point.

Williams: "And the polls have closed in the Hoosier State and we are unable to project a winner."

Maddow: "The race is being described as too close to call, with Mr. Ryan in the lead."

Polls Show a Tight Race in Indiana: Ryan Ahead

Indiana Republican Primary: Too Close to Call
Paul Ryan: 106,410 (49.52%)
Scott Brown: 100,510 (46.78%)
Rand Paul: 7,411 (3.44%) Withdrawn
Marco Rubio: 525 (0.26%) Withdrawn

Todd: "For the Ryan people winning this state keeps the coal fires burning. They've invested a lot of money and time into the state. It's proximity to Wisconsin, the fact that Ryan has the support of Mike Pence and recent conservative uproar over Scott Brown gives the campaign hopeful feelings that if they can win here they might be able to turn the race around, and it's a big might."

Maddow: "We're looking at very early returns, but it is a narrow lead for Paul Ryan, so we will have to wait and see."

Indiana Republican Primary: 49% Reported
Paul Ryan: 158,410 (50.41%)
Scott Brown: 147,510 (46.94%)
Rand Paul: 7,761 (2.46%) Withdrawn
Marco Rubio: 559 (0.19%) Withdrawn

Williams: "Paul Ryan continuing to hold onto his lead with now fifty percent reported."

Indiana Republican Primary: 55% Reported
Paul Ryan: 178,410 (50.35%)
Scott Brown: 167,510 (47.28%)
Rand Paul: 7,799 (2.20%) Withdrawn
Marco Rubio: 559 (0.17%) Withdrawn

PAUL RYAN PROJECTED WINNER: WINS INDIANA PRIMARY

Brown Concedes Indiana with 64% Reported
Brown: "We can't win them all, but we're not going anywhere!"

Indiana Republican Primary: 64% Reported
Paul Ryan: 208,410 (50.53%)
Scott Brown: 195,510 (47.41%)
Rand Paul: 7,899 (1.91%) Withdrawn
Marco Rubio: 559 (0.15%) Withdrawn

Indiana Win Reignites Ryan Campaign
Ryan: This victory tonight shows this race is far from being decided. It also shows, the conservative, grassroots have not had their piece yet and they too want to decide who leads this party and becomes the next President. Because the people are the ones who decide, not the Washington political class!"

PROJECTION: Paul Ryan Wins Indiana Primary, narrowly defeating Scott Brown 50% - 48%.

Campaign Moves to Nebraska and West Virginia on May 10th.

Brown Campaigning in West Virginia, Ryan campaigning in California and Oregon.

Latest Nat'l Polls: Brown: 50% -- Ryan: 46% -- 4% Undecided

Indiana Republican Primary: 100% Reported
Paul Ryan: 289,410 (50.47%) 57 Delegates
Scott Brown: 275,510 (48.05%)
Rand Paul: 7,899 (1.37%) Withdrawn
Marco Rubio: 559 (0.11%) Withdrawn

Morning Joe

Scarborough: "A close win for Paul Ryan over Scott Brown last night. The question, Mark Halperin does this change the race?

Halperin: "It does and it doesn't. The win last night is good for Ryan because it gives his campaign a needed win, this is his first since winning Utah back in March. He can now continue to press on, raise money and continue making his case. The downside to last night, it does not change the delegate math. Scott Brown is still ahead. So, good for Paul Ryan for finally winning a state, but he needs to keep doing it. He needs to starting winning more states."

Scarborough: "And the next few states might be good ground for Ryan, particularly in Nebraska, possibly in West Virginia, Montana."

Halperin: "There's also North Dakota. Now their delegates will not be announced until July. Now it looks like he has a slight advantage over Scott Brown, but hard to know until the final delegate selection is set. Same for a state like Colorado."

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2016, 07:55:04 AM »
« Edited: April 08, 2016, 08:05:19 AM by NHI »

BREAKING NEWS: Scott Brown: The Republican Nominee

Scott Brown: 1,247 Delegates (37.04%)
Paul Ryan: 707 Delegates (32.90%)
Rand Paul: 146 Delegates (12.78%)
Marco Rubio: 100 Delegates (11.01%)
John Kasich: 5 Delegates (4.68%)
Other: 0 (1.59%)

Scott Brown Wins the Republican Nomination

The Republican Nomination ended Tuesday night after Scott Brown won the California Primary, (50.8% - 49.1%) clinching the Republican Party's Presidential Nomination and defeating Congressman and 2012 Vice Presidential Nominee Paul Ryan. The contest ended as many expected it would, following a better-than-expected showing by Scott Brown in the March and April contests. Ryan mounted a fierce comeback, winning a handful of states following a shellacking he took in April, but in the end the Wisconsin Republican could not overcome the Massachusetts Senator's advantage in the delegate count.

The race now shifts to the general election as Scott Brown looks to take on President Obama and prevent him from securing a third term as President of the United States. After a close and at times bitter primary between Ryan, Brown now faces the first task of uniting the Republican Party, especially the base. Advisers in the Brown campaign have already stated "Brown will work to patch together the differences and unite all Republicans on a common theme which is to win back the White House."

Polls show Brown trails the President 49% to 43%.

Obama Names Gillibrand for VP

Blunting Scott Brown's momentum, after securing the Republican nomination President Obama announced Kirsten Gillibrand as his choice for Vice President. The President welcomed Gillibrand to the Democratic ticket at a rally in her home state of New York, where Obama called her "a voice for the future and one who will shape our party and country for the better." Gillibrand has long been seen as a rising star in the Democratic Party, after she succeeded Hillary Clinton in the United States Senate, following her departure to become Secretary of State.

The pick of Gillibrand is seen as a smart one by the President, who looking to not only energize the Democratic ticekt, but secure a possible successor in 2020, assuming the President (as he is expected to) a third term.

Obama-Gillibrand
For Our Future
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2016, 05:31:33 PM »

Brown/Kasich 2016!

Give Ryan or Paul the keynote.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2016, 06:08:04 PM »

Brown/Blackburn would be a smart pick, though Haley would be going for a first. Either way, Brown 2016, and Gilly 2024!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2016, 09:17:56 PM »

Nikki Haley Selected For Vice President
Scott Brown selects SC Governor Nikki Haley as his choice for Vice President.
Promising to select a Vice President who would "shake up the system" and "not from Washington" Scott Brown selected South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley to join his ticket as the Vice Presidential nominee. Haley, a rising star was mentioned as a potential candidate for President in 2016, but declined preferring to focus on his gubernatorial duties. The selection of Haley is sure to please the Republican base, while also shoring up Brown's support in the south as well as broaden the Republican ticket with minorities and women, two groups both John McCain and Mitt Romney struggled with against President Obama in 2008 and 2012.

Haley said she was honored to join Scott Brown in "the fight to restore and revive America." Haley called President Obama and presumptive Vice Presidential nominee Kirsten Gillibrand ticket "followers from the past" and boasted her and Brown represent the future. "Together, we can and will build a better, bigger and stronger America; an America where all of us can dream and all of us can succeed."

Brown-Haley
Make America Great Again!

Republican National Convention: 2016

Republican National Convention: Cleveland, OH (2016)

July 18: Call to Order, 2016 Republican National Convention

- Voting on 2016 Republican Platform
-  Adoption of 2016 Republican Platform
- Nomination of Presidential Candidate; Nominated by Former MA Governor Mitt Romney
- Nomination of Vice Presidential Candidate; Nominated by Acclamation
- Speech by Gail Huff
- Closing song by Ayla Brown

July 19: Solutions for America 2016 Republican National Convention
- Speech by John Kasich
- Speech by John McCain
- Speech by Kelly Ayotte
- Keynote by Paul Ryan

July 20th: For America's Future 2016 Republican National Convention
- Speech by Rudy Giuliani
- Speech by Cathy McMorris Rodgers
- Acceptance speech by Nikki Haley

Haley Accepts GOP VP Nod

July 21st: Make America Great Again! 2016 Republican National Convention
- Remarks by Kevin McCarthy
- Introduction by Ayla Brown
- Acceptance Speech by Scott Brown
- Closing of Convention

Brown Unites GOP, Looks to Lead Nation
Scott Brown: "I proudly accept the nomination from the party of Lincoln and Reagan and I am ready to lead our nation back to greatness!"
Accepting his party's nomination, Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown pledged "a fresh start for America." Taking aim at what he called the President's "failed economic policies" Brown gave a speech heavy on economic populism and splashed with layers of his own blue collar background. "My family didn't have much. I was raised practically by a single mom, who worked two, three jobs to make a good life for me and my sister. I know what it takes. I know the struggles. I see your struggles. I hear your calls and the answer is an overwhelming: Yes; Help is one the way!"

Scott Brown, a moderate Republican has walked a fine line with the party over issues like gay marriage and abortion. Supportive of gay marriage and in favor of a woman's right to choose, Brown has taken a middle route offering a stance favoring state's rights on such issues. While there has been some discord over the Republican nominee, Brown, with the choice of his running mate Nikki Haley seems to have united the Republican Party.

For the past weeks leading up to his nomination Brown has been touring the rust belt and mid west hammering the President on trade and economic policy. "It's not only that President Obama has failed us, but he still offers no real solutions on how best to tackle our nation's problems. We need a thriving middle class, rising wages and a government that is not a burden to people, but a government that is responsive to the people. -- A government for all of us."
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2016, 09:26:19 PM »

As someone who has met Senator Brown multiple times and volunteered for him in 2012, I Stand With Scott as he used to say here in MA, People over Party.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies