***CNN Townhall (Democrats) - Sunday 13th March - 8-10pm ET - Columbus Ohio***
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:13:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  ***CNN Townhall (Democrats) - Sunday 13th March - 8-10pm ET - Columbus Ohio***
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: ***CNN Townhall (Democrats) - Sunday 13th March - 8-10pm ET - Columbus Ohio***  (Read 2756 times)
Oak Hills
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2016, 08:36:12 PM »

Sanders isn't friends with anyone liberal in the Senate? I know that ideology doesn't automatically make people friends, but it seems like he would have at least one friend that was more like minded.

The question was about his favorite Republican colleague.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2016, 08:39:12 PM »

Wasn't Sanders saying free college for all? He seems to have changed what he was saying before.

He's always specified that it's not simply free college in general for all, but specifically free tuition for public schools. The questions posed are always phrased as free college for all, and he has to correct it every time.

The framing was different before. As I recall, he was promising free college for all and saying that it would be a cost savings, similar to single payer health care.

If you can find an example of that my apologies, but I don't believe that is true.

He introduced a bill called the Free College for All Act. In addition, his framing in earlier debates was not the same as it was tonight.

The very first line in the summary description of that bill is: "Eliminate Undergraduate Tuition at 4-year Public Colleges and Universities". Again, just find one clip or quote suggesting otherwise.

The title of the bill speaks for itself. Watch any previous debate or forum it is clear that he has changed his framing. He repeats himself all the time, so it's not hard to find.

No he hasn't, it has always been crystal clear that it would be only in public colleges and universities. 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2016, 08:40:22 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2016, 08:58:05 PM by Landslide Lyndon »

Sanders isn't friends with anyone liberal in the Senate? I know that ideology doesn't automatically make people friends, but it seems like he would have at least one friend that was more like minded.

Still, even in the era of TRUMP it's hard to find a Republican with more repulsive views than Inhoffe.
And from what I've read all these years he can hardly be considered a pleasant fellow.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2016, 08:41:37 PM »

Still, even in the era of TRUMP it's hard to find a Republican with more repulsive views as Inhoffe.
And from what I've read all these years he can hardly be considered a pleasant fellow.

As I said, that answer was pretty bizarre.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2016, 08:45:03 PM »

Overall and beyond partisanship, I don't think I've heard him count anyone as a friend in the Senate save for Inhofe.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2016, 08:55:34 PM »

It's a good town hall. Very important issues.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2016, 09:01:35 PM »

I thought Bernie's answer about Inhofe was excellent. I was expecting an applause.

Anyway, both are doing pretty good.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2016, 09:21:23 PM »

Thought both were okay, Hillary is a master manipulator & a phony. My disdain for her only increased hearing her speak, but she is smart, I will give her that! Skilled politician

And Hillary hacks in this forum - Look @ their ridiculous posts - They are like a gang hired by her, waiting to pounce of Sanders & if needed are ready to twist facts for that. It's very unfortunate that this is what people's life has become.

Anyways guess it's time to pull down the thread from being locked or something
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2016, 09:24:23 PM »

Thought both were okay, Hillary is a master manipulator & a phony. My disdain for her only increased hearing her speak, but she is smart, I will give her that! Skilled politician

And Hillary hacks in this forum - Look @ their ridiculous posts - They are like a gang hired by her, waiting to pounce of Sanders & if needed are ready to twist facts for that. It's very unfortunate that this is what people's life has become.

Hatred and spite gives you wrinkles.

But seriously, can you use a little more nuance in your responses. Your melodramatic pronouncements don't help your cause.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2016, 09:25:31 PM »

Still, even in the era of TRUMP it's hard to find a Republican with more repulsive views than Inhoffe.

Tom Cotton? Mike Lee? Ted Cruz? Jefferson Beauregard Sessions?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2016, 09:26:21 PM »

Just sayin', you're not exactly in a position to call other people hacks.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2016, 09:27:54 PM »

I just saw a little of it, but Hillary was good. I strongly disagree with Shadows that she's a "master manipulator." If she was, someone with Shadows' level of intelligence wouldn't be able to discern it. She's very, very bad at manipulating and it's painfully obvious when she tries it. But I liked her responses tonight.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2016, 09:44:31 PM »

Overall and beyond partisanship, I don't think I've heard him count anyone as a friend in the Senate save for Inhofe.

You must be perpetually dizzy from spinning this much.  Yikes!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2016, 10:00:05 PM »

You must be perpetually dizzy from spinning this much.  Yikes!

What spin was there? I was just pointing out that he has only mentioned Inhofe as a friend. The friend question isn't really important anyway.

YIKES!
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2016, 11:23:18 PM »

So nothing happened here again, right?  I didn't bother watching.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies