Southern Gothic for Southern Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:26:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Southern Gothic for Southern Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Southern Gothic for Southern Legislature  (Read 616 times)
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 13, 2016, 08:49:37 PM »
« edited: March 13, 2016, 08:54:45 PM by Southern Gothic »

(Southern Gothic, age 33, a lawyer from Lafayette, Louisiana addressing the media)

It's time for an end to the rampant Conservatism and near-one party rule of Governor Leinad and the Federalists! I am officially tossing in my hat in the race for the Southern legislature.

I will run a campaign on a platform of greater support for our most vulnerable of citizens, this will include the following:

Greater funding of public education

Entirely revamped infrastructure

Subsidies for vulnerable farmers

Greater funding for disaster relief

Ease of access for voting, and an increased push for direct democracy

Protection of the right to unionize

Increase in excise taxes

We must protect our beautiful Dixieland from those within its borders who seek to divide it and do it harm.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 09:00:50 PM »

Though I am not a laborite, I wish you good luck in your campaign. I'd much rather prefer a somewhat reasonable moderate laborite, you've proved yourself that you are one. Welcome to the world of Atlasian politics Wink
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 09:11:00 PM »

Endorsed and welcome to the game!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 09:15:01 PM »

Endorsed!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 12:47:13 AM »

Good luck, and welcome to Atlasian politics!

I'd love to see a more active opposition down here, hopefully you can help provide that.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 06:22:01 AM »
« Edited: March 14, 2016, 09:23:15 AM by Southern Gothic for Southern Legisltature »

Thank you all for the kind words. I hope that this campaign will be one entirely devoid of negativity and amoral politicking. Let's just make sure that our beloved Dixie has the best possible legislature.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 10:20:02 AM »

It's great to see new people joining the game, and taking part in an active campaign. Fully endorsed
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 10:23:56 AM »

You should probably fix the name typo then. It looks bad.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 10:48:47 AM »

You should probably fix the name typo then. It looks bad.

Jiminy crickets! Didn't even notice! Thank you kindly!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 02:42:34 PM »

Completely endorsed! Wish you much luck in your campaign!
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 04:45:55 PM »

(Mr. Southern Gothic addressing a local newspaper on the campaign trail)

In reading the text of the "Jobs Creation Act of 2016', I've noticed a few shortcomings. I applaud Speaker Haslam and the other supporters of the legislation, but I've got a real serious rub with the bill. Simply put, it doesn't go far enough. I've collected a series of amendments I would make to the bill namely:

1. The building of 1,500 wind turbines rather than 500. We have the infrastructure and the ability to complete such a task and we should be doing all we can to ensure the energy independence of the South This will tap into the green energy potential in the region and guarantee thousands of long term jobs as a result.

2 I would also include a tax credit for businesses dealing with green energy sources to come set up shop here in Dixie.

3. I agree with the money allotted for roads and businesses in the South, but we must also work to protect our maritime and river-based infrastructure. I would allocate 5 million for the purpose of cleaning up congested areas of the Mississippi to make shipping and transportation easier. Another 5 million would go to advancing and expanding the infrastructure of the inter-coastal waterway, as this will allow maritime communities to expand and flourish.

4. I would include a package allocating 20 million to school systems in impoverished areas of the Deep South for the purpose of setting up new public schools in overcrowded and under funded areas.

We need to continue to pass legislation like the Jobs Creation Act to ensure the long term prosperity of the South. But we must do so with the intent to take advantage of all the wonderful and abundant natural resources that Providence has gifted us.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 05:32:29 PM »

(Southern Gothic, addressing a crowd at Johnson's Boucaniere Barbecue Restaurant in Lafayette, Louisiana)

Ladies and Gentlemen, you have known me for a long time as being a fighter for the common man. A fighter for the poor and the downtrodden. And a few months back I unsuccessfully tried to take my fight straight to the state house. And although my attempts were unsuccessful, my resolve has only grown stronger. So that's why I am once again announcing my candidacy for the Southern legislature. It's time for the working man of Dixie to have a voice in the halls of his government! Thank you.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 05:47:30 PM »

(Southern Gothic, addressing a crowd at Johnson's Boucaniere Barbecue Restaurant in Lafayette, Louisiana)

Ladies and Gentlemen, you have known me for a long time as being a fighter for the common man. A fighter for the poor and the downtrodden. And a few months back I unsuccessfully tried to take my fight straight to the state house. And although my attempts were unsuccessful, my resolve has only grown stronger. So that's why I am once again announcing my candidacy for the Southern legislature. It's time for the working man of Dixie to have a voice in the halls of his government! Thank you.

Congratulations on your return to politics, endorsed!
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 05:52:35 PM »

Congratulations on your return to politics, endorsed!

Much obliged. I think we can all agree we need more moderates in the South.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 06:24:54 PM »

Completely endorsed! Wish you much luck in your campaign!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 06:29:59 PM »

Endorsed, Endorsed, Endorsed
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 09:03:54 PM »

Endorsed for first preference!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 11:11:35 PM »

ENDORSED a thousand times over - you're exactly the kind of down-to-earth, no-nonsense public servant that we need more of in elected office.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2016, 05:25:57 AM »

I want to thank all y'all for your endorsements. It's time for the South to live up to the full potential it possesses. A potential that has been so long ignored and cast aside in the name of partisan hackery and harsh rhetoric on both sides of the isle. If there is one thing I truly believe in, its the power of Southern civility and Southern hospitality. It is time for our politics to reflect the attitudes and tones of our people.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies