Republican Ides of March Tuesday results thread (N. Marianas start at 4:30am ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:38:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican Ides of March Tuesday results thread (N. Marianas start at 4:30am ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37
Author Topic: Republican Ides of March Tuesday results thread (N. Marianas start at 4:30am ET)  (Read 56996 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: March 15, 2016, 10:22:27 PM »

St Louis is starting to come in and Trump is maintaining his lead.  I think we may be getting closer to a narrow call for Trump.

If the pattern from other southern states (and Kansas City) is followed, late precincts should be better for Cruz than earlier ones, though I'll concede it doesn't look too good.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #751 on: March 15, 2016, 10:22:33 PM »

The rednecks will be out in DROVES for Trump in the fall, and if I want to stop Trump in the fall, got no choice but to back Clinton at this point since I did my best to stop Trump here by voting Rubio

Welcome to the team! Glad to have you.
win win
dxu8888

« Reply #752 on: March 15, 2016, 10:22:48 PM »

DAVID WASSERMAN 11:20 PM
Here’s my gut takeaway from tonight’s primaries: It’s more difficult to see how Trump DOESN’T get to 1,237 delegates from here. He’s beating Cruz in red states, and he’s likely to beat Kasich in future blue states. Most of the delegates at stake from here on out will come from winner-take-all states. Whether #NeverTrump forces realize it or not, they are losing.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #753 on: March 15, 2016, 10:24:47 PM »

Has it already been pointed out, Donald Trump won every county in Florida except Miami-Dade County, the exact same result George Wallace had in the 1972 Democratic primary?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #754 on: March 15, 2016, 10:25:46 PM »

What's the threshold for getting at-large delegates in Missouri? It's clear no one's getting the necessary majority to get all of Missouri unless there's some weird cascade result from candidates not meeting the threshold not having their votes count for the WTA rule, but I was wondering if Kasich has a chance at picking up a delegate. Probably not, as even a 10% threshold would keep him out.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #755 on: March 15, 2016, 10:25:56 PM »

The rednecks will be out in DROVES for Trump in the fall, and if I want to stop Trump in the fall, got no choice but to back Clinton at this point since I did my best to stop Trump here by voting Rubio

You don't need to stop TRUMP. You need to stop Hillary Clinton. Think about that.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #756 on: March 15, 2016, 10:26:47 PM »

What's the threshold for getting at-large delegates in Missouri? It's clear no one's getting the necessary majority to get all of Missouri unless there's some weird cascade result from candidates not meeting the threshold not having their votes count for the WTA rule, but I was wondering if Kasich has a chance at picking up a delegate. Probably not, as even a 10% threshold would keep him out.

The statewide delegates (there are 12) are WTA.

You don't need to stop TRUMP. You need to stop Hillary Clinton. Think about that.

The first is necessary to achieve the second.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #757 on: March 15, 2016, 10:27:51 PM »

Spoke with my "boss" who I "worked" for at my precinct today: Trump won my precinct In Daytona Beach, Volusia COunty with 60% to Cruz's 30%, Rubio 4%, Kasich 2% Others 4%, Dems went: Clinton 78%, Sanders 16% O'Malley 6%

If anyone was interested that is
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #758 on: March 15, 2016, 10:29:34 PM »

He was considering voting for Hillary in the general. That's a travesty and betrayal of his own conservative ideology.
Why
Unbiased
Australia

« Reply #759 on: March 15, 2016, 10:29:37 PM »

State wide delegates are winner takes all.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #760 on: March 15, 2016, 10:29:38 PM »

St Louis is starting to come in and Trump is maintaining his lead.  I think we may be getting closer to a narrow call for Trump.

If the pattern from other southern states (and Kansas City) is followed, late precincts should be better for Cruz than earlier ones, though I'll concede it doesn't look too good.

First off, Missouri is not southern, but the only things out now are about 55% of St Louis City, all of Perry County, and a little bit of Jackson County (Kansas City).  Trump has a 3,000 vote lead, so I think his lead, while not safe, is looking better and better.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #761 on: March 15, 2016, 10:29:59 PM »

No one is getting to 50% in the state, so
Winner takes the 12 statewide delegates in MO.
The eight CDs give out 5 delegates each to the winner.
According to thegreenpapers, Cruz now leads in CD5 (KC) and CD7. of the other 6 CDs Trump leads in all but CD2, where there are no votes yet. (Their total lags the CNN/NYT and Ace of Spades numbers)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #762 on: March 15, 2016, 10:30:33 PM »

He was considering voting for Hillary in the general. That's a travesty and betrayal of his own conservative ideology.

I'm not a conservative lol.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #763 on: March 15, 2016, 10:32:17 PM »

First off, Missouri is not southern, but the only things out now are about 55% of St Louis City, all of Perry County, and a little bit of Jackson County (Kansas City).  Trump has a 3,000 vote lead, so I think his lead, while not safe, is looking better and better.

I didn't say it was southern (I think the state is mostly Midwestern, but it's southeastern corner is southern); I said if it follows the pattern from southern states of later precincts generally being better for Cruz than earlier ones, for whatever reason (there's been a theory that trump tends to win smaller precincts). There's a difference.

Anyway, trump is favored in MO but his lead in the 3 St. Louis area counties is single digits; Cruz could well be stronger in the outlying areas. Or not. We'll see.
Fargobison

« Reply #764 on: March 15, 2016, 10:33:25 PM »

Voting for Trump is the exact same thing. HRC or 3rd party for me.
Why
Unbiased
Australia

« Reply #765 on: March 15, 2016, 10:33:33 PM »

I think Kasich did well in the latest lot of precincts reporting in St Louis County, but Trump is holding his lead despite most of the rest of Boone coming in. Not much room left for Cruz to come back.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #766 on: March 15, 2016, 10:34:11 PM »

Voting for Trump is the exact same thing. HRC or 3rd party for me.
I agree and will be voting Libertarian if Trump is the nominee.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #767 on: March 15, 2016, 10:34:47 PM »

So, you like Hillary and the Democrats now? You like their policies?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #768 on: March 15, 2016, 10:35:56 PM »

Looks like Kasich and Rubio are the ones gaining from the late vote from Missouri, so TRUMP gets the 12 statewide delegates.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #769 on: March 15, 2016, 10:36:03 PM »

I think Kasich did well in the latest lot of precincts reporting in St Louis County, but Trump is holding his lead despite most of the rest of Boone coming in. Not much room left for Cruz to come back.
77% of Jackson County is in and Trump is keeping it narrow.  He's only behind Cruz by 900-something odd votes.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #770 on: March 15, 2016, 10:36:27 PM »

I never WAS a conservative, libertarianism =/= conservatism two totally different ideologies bro. And no, I do not like their policies.
Why
Unbiased
Australia

« Reply #771 on: March 15, 2016, 10:39:23 PM »

77% of Jackson County is in and Trump is keeping it narrow.  He's only behind Cruz by 900-something odd votes.

Hard to see the rest going 4000 votes in favour of Cruz which is what is needed.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #772 on: March 15, 2016, 10:39:45 PM »

I never WAS a conservative, libertarianism =/= conservatism two totally different ideologies bro. And no, I do not like their policies.

Then, it's a no brainer for you. You won't vote for Hillary.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #773 on: March 15, 2016, 10:40:56 PM »

I don't think trump fans realize how god damn lucky they are that rubio was still in the race tonight.

Gave trump missouri and NC.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #774 on: March 15, 2016, 10:41:03 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2016, 10:43:58 PM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

77% of Jackson County is in and Trump is keeping it narrow.  He's only behind Cruz by 900-something odd votes.

Hard to see the rest going 4000 votes in favour of Cruz which is what is needed.

Which is why I'm sticking with my prediction of Trump winning, Boone is trending towards Trump a little and a lot of STL is still out
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies