Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 02:12:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 33
Author Topic: Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)  (Read 45346 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2016, 04:25:09 PM »

Guys, the exit polls don't take into account absentee ballots & a lot of other stuff.

Not necessarily true.  In states where there are a large number of early voters / absentees, they poll those people by phone just before election day in order to incorporate them into the exit polls.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2016, 04:26:59 PM »

Guys, the exit polls don't take into account absentee ballots & a lot of other stuff.

Not necessarily true.  In states where there are a large number of early voters / absentees, they poll those people by phone just before election day in order to incorporate them into the exit polls.

Okay, Thanks!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2016, 04:28:06 PM »

Voting for Sanders will elect Trump. Do your duty.

THIS kind of divisive rhetoric is exactly what will help Trump. And it only makes people less likely to support Clinton.

It is not rhetoric. It is a statement of fact.

Well, is Hillary any better than TRUMP...

Probably, not from the standpoint of true Sanders supporters. Which is exactly why I heartily dislike them.

Your assumptions are not facts until proven so. Fine, say what you like about people who happen to disagree with you in this case. Clinton won't beat Trump without Sanders supporters, and that is a fact. Lumping all of us together isn't going to hel your cause.

It is true that Clinton will need Sanders supporters. However, those Sanders supporters who would even consider voting for Trump I want to go that way: this way I can collect all my hatreds in the same party.

I can't say I think too highly of Sanders supporters who would consider voting for Trump if Clinton is the nominee either. Still, Clinton needs to find a way to win over these voters.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2016, 04:28:33 PM »

Congratulations Sanders, you have successfully divided the party. Well done.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2016, 04:28:51 PM »

Voting for Sanders will elect Trump. Do your duty.

THIS kind of divisive rhetoric is exactly what will help Trump. And it only makes people less likely to support Clinton.

It is not rhetoric. It is a statement of fact.

Well, is Hillary any better than TRUMP...

Probably, not from the standpoint of true Sanders supporters. Which is exactly why I heartily dislike them.

Your assumptions are not facts until proven so. Fine, say what you like about people who happen to disagree with you in this case. Clinton won't beat Trump without Sanders supporters, and that is a fact. Lumping all of us together isn't going to hel your cause.

It is true that Clinton will need Sanders supporters. However, those Sanders supporters who would even consider voting for Trump I want to go that way: this way I can collect all my hatreds in the same party.

I can't say I think too highly of Sanders supporters who would consider voting for Trump if Clinton is the nominee either. Still, Clinton needs to find a way to win over these voters.

I would much prefer to win without them.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2016, 04:29:43 PM »

Just like how Obama successfully divided the party? Roll Eyes
Fusionmunster

« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2016, 04:30:41 PM »

You mean how Hillary divided the party. And yes, she very much did. However she worked her ass off in order to unite it again, something im worried Sanders wont do.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2016, 04:32:12 PM »

Honestly, When 50% of Clinton supporters say it is not okay voting for Clinton, it is perfect. But when Sanders supporters , a coalition is much broader & composed of many independents, says that same the party is divided.

What dumb logic & how opportunistic - If Clinton had not run such a dirty campaign, maybe this never have happened - Maybe she should step down for someone like Warren & then the party will be united
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2016, 04:32:16 PM »

Sanders has been running a nasty and divisive scorched earth campaign based mostly on personal attacks for the past month, so this isn't surprising.
bilaps
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2016, 04:33:44 PM »

Sanders has been running a nasty and divisive scorched earth campaign based mostly on personal attacks for the past month, so this isn't surprising.

LOL! I mean how with honest face can you even think to write that..
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2016, 04:34:04 PM »

I would note that "not satisfied" does not mean "would not vote for."
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2016, 04:34:22 PM »

You mean how Hillary divided the party. And yes, she very much did. However she worked her ass off in order to unite it again, something im worried Sanders wont do.

You expect Sanders to not campaign for Hillary against Cruz or Trump if he loses cleanly?

I don't think he would remember the lies Clinton campaigns have used - And neither is he as naive & clueless like the paid Hillhacks here.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2016, 04:34:33 PM »

There hasn't been any personal attacks on the Demoratic campaign. Clinton makes this statement in every debate and rally I've seen.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2016, 04:34:52 PM »

I would note that "not satisfied" does not mean "would not vote for."

Just PUMA flashbacks is all.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2016, 04:36:15 PM »

These guys are nasty people - Paid Interns whose job is to throw dirt - Incapable of having a reasoned discussion.

I am seriously contemplating how much better Clinton would be compared to the Trump monster of the maniac Cruz now despite her being a phony! I would probably also say "Unsatisfied"
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2016, 04:38:06 PM »

These guys are nasty people - Paid Interns whose job is to throw dirt - Incapable of having a reasoned discussion.

Have you actually seen a "paid Clinton intern" or is it just a figment of your imagination?
bilaps
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2016, 04:38:46 PM »

If I heard it correctly on CNN Intl "continue Obama policies" in Ohio is at 50% and higher in other states. It was 52% in Michigan if I recall correctly.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2016, 04:39:29 PM »

I am seriously contemplating how much better Clinton would be compared to the Trump monster of the maniac Cruz now despite her being a phony! I would probably also say "Unsatisfied"

Clinton is of course better than any and all Republicans!
gf20202
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2016, 04:40:45 PM »

The more I look at the timing of it, the more I doubt those Hispanic exit polls in Illinois. Networks are having to do on the fly analysis because they receive everything literally at 5 PM EST. Yet Shuster gets a topline in a major demographic before 2 PM? And a result that seems highly unlikely. I think they are bogus.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2016, 04:41:00 PM »

I wasnt trying to start an argument. Its just very annoying democrats went from being unified to being in a position where the base might not even vote come November. This campaign was supposed to be bloodless, but now that Sanders thinks he has a chance of winning, he's upping his attacks and Hillary is more than happy to fire back. We were already going to have a hard enough time holding the white house as it is, a long drawn out primary fight will not help us.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2016, 04:41:04 PM »

From CNN: Ohio is 76% White, 19% Black
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2016, 04:41:39 PM »

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2016, 04:41:45 PM »

If I heard it correctly on CNN Intl "continue Obama policies" in Ohio is at 50% and higher in other states. It was 52% in Michigan if I recall correctly.

Clinton ran well behind that number in MI. It'll be interesting to see if that happens again in the other midwestern states tonight.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2016, 04:41:59 PM »

From CNN: Ohio is 76% White, 19% Black

What was Michigan?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2016, 04:42:58 PM »

I do think people will come to their senses and vote against Trump, no matter who is the nominee. But those who will not do deserve eternal damnation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies