Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:20:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 33
Author Topic: Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)  (Read 44928 times)
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: March 15, 2016, 10:40:10 PM »

The polls were actually pretty good this time around. I guess they adjusted their models after MI and it payed off.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #626 on: March 15, 2016, 10:40:48 PM »

hahahahahahahah

Discuss.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #627 on: March 15, 2016, 10:40:57 PM »

Just got home so not sure if it was adressed in other posts, but what the hell happened in Orange County??  Putting aside Ohio's shocker, Sanders's overall margin in NC wasn't all that bad, but how exactly is he only winning an extremely liberal county by two points??
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #628 on: March 15, 2016, 10:43:16 PM »

Just got home so not sure if it was adressed in other posts, but what the hell happened in Orange County??  Putting aside Ohio's shocker, Sanders's overall margin in NC wasn't all that bad, but how exactly is he only winning an extremely liberal county by two points??
High income latte liberals are an Obama 2008 -> Hillary 2016 constituency. If I recall, the county voted for SSM in 2012, so it probably fits the bill.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #629 on: March 15, 2016, 10:44:58 PM »

Ohio was a bad, can't sad I'm too disappointed with Illinois. We put a really close fight & got close. A Missouri win. A good performance in NC.

Ohio was not good, look @ the break-up & the gop one, independents deserted Sanders for Kasich, killed him - To an extent same thing happened in Illinois as I can't see Kasich winning this many states/

Florida looks bad too, 33% odd - He needed close to 40%, big delegates & huge difference.

The numbers look almost impossible now - I can't see Bernie making these up especially when he will lose big states like New York, Maryland for sure and even if he wins CA or PA, those will be small victories.

I want him to get as close as possible to ensure his agenda is not relegated to the back-ground. I don't think his candidacy ever looked very winnable but he should not roll over & let the issues be sidelined
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #630 on: March 15, 2016, 10:49:39 PM »

Ohio was a bad, can't sad I'm too disappointed with Illinois. We put a really close fight & got close. A Missouri win. A good performance in NC.

Ohio was not good, look @ the break-up & the gop one, independents deserted Sanders for Kasich, killed him - To an extent same thing happened in Illinois as I can't see Kasich winning this many states/

Florida looks bad too, 33% odd - He needed close to 40%, big delegates & huge difference.

The numbers look almost impossible now - I can't see Bernie making these up especially when he will lose big states like New York, Maryland for sure and even if he wins CA or PA, those will be small victories.

I want him to get as close as possible to ensure his agenda is not relegated to the back-ground. I don't think his candidacy ever looked very winnable but he should not roll over & let the issues be sidelined

I definitely do not want Bernie to drop out. He has no reason to. He has run a good campaign, and as  Hillary supporter, I appreciate the focus on very important issues he has highlighted. Also, on a personal, selfish reason, I am glad that Bernie will be driving up the vote in WI on April 5... very important Supreme Court race and we definitively need the energy on the D side that Tuesday.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #631 on: March 15, 2016, 10:54:15 PM »

Hope that 41,000 vote margin for Hillary holds in Illinois!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #632 on: March 15, 2016, 10:54:26 PM »

I definitely do not want Bernie to drop out. He has no reason to. He has run a good campaign, and as  Hillary supporter, I appreciate the focus on very important issues he has highlighted. Also, on a personal, selfish reason, I am glad that Bernie will be driving up the vote in WI on April 5... very important Supreme Court race and we definitively need the energy on the D side that Tuesday.

As a Hillary supporter in 08, I can understand his and his supporters desire to fight on even if the path is close to nonexistent. That said, I hope he tones down his attacks on her now that the end result is inevitable.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #633 on: March 15, 2016, 10:55:34 PM »

When my home county is the only county that hasn't reported their results in the whole state....
Not that anyone cares.... But Bernie won my home county by 1 vote. Pretty cool.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #634 on: March 15, 2016, 10:58:28 PM »

What prevents us from making a projection in Missouri?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #635 on: March 15, 2016, 10:59:57 PM »

Bernie could pushed under 50% in MO. Can't see him actually losing it though. They're just being careful I guess.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #636 on: March 15, 2016, 11:01:34 PM »

Well, I missed all the excitement. Looks like MO, IL, and NC were decent for Sanders, but because of his abysmal results in OH and FL, it was an awful night for him overall. I don't think anyone can deny that Clinton will win the nomination at this point, but I don't think it's time for Sanders to drop out just yet. Let his supporters have their say, then once Clinton officially crosses the finish line, we can work toward unity.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #637 on: March 15, 2016, 11:01:43 PM »

Based on what's left, we're looking at a Sanders win of about 3k. Pretty close, no reason to jump the call. Also, probably an even split in delegates.

Illinois looking safer and safer for Hillary though. That raw vote is holding pretty steady.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #638 on: March 15, 2016, 11:02:19 PM »

I've been away for about an hour. What's the status of Illinois? Does anybody know where the remaining vote is out?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #639 on: March 15, 2016, 11:03:02 PM »

About half of St. Louis City and part of St. Louis County are out.  If it's the African-American parts of those areas that are out, things can change.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #640 on: March 15, 2016, 11:04:34 PM »

I've been away for about an hour. What's the status of Illinois? Does anybody know where the remaining vote is out?

Well, Lake county just came in big. 90% in and Clinton still leads. There's still some left in Cook, Lake, DuPage, McHenry, LaSalle and some more here and there, but it won't be enough. It looks like a Clinton win.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #641 on: March 15, 2016, 11:05:23 PM »

A lot of Lake just came in, margin unchanged. McHenry is only big part of IL out that leans Sanders. Hard to see him winning IL, or her winning MO.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #642 on: March 15, 2016, 11:06:48 PM »

up by only 2.0%. Ugh soooo close.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #643 on: March 15, 2016, 11:07:05 PM »

Based on what's left, we're looking at a Sanders win of about 3k. Pretty close, no reason to jump the call. Also, probably an even split in delegates.

Illinois looking safer and safer for Hillary though. That raw vote is holding pretty steady.

83% of St. Louis & 89% of Kansas City is in - If the vote proportion remains the same, Hillary gains at best 4K, so Sanders should win a comfortable 6K.

Illinois will get closer & will probably be a 20-25K loss instead of 40-45K due to McHenry which has barely come in & where Sanders will make up good votes
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #644 on: March 15, 2016, 11:08:24 PM »

Agreed.

As a Bernie supporter (who will vote for Hillary in the GE without whining about it), I also think it benefits Hillary for Bernie to stay in. She's able to continue addressing issues in a sane manner. If Bernie dropped, she would have to start going head to head with Trump, and while she can still do that and stay civilized, it'll be better for her to put off that fight and slowly work up to it.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #645 on: March 15, 2016, 11:10:02 PM »

83% of St. Louis & 89% of Kansas City is in - If the vote proportion remains the same, Hillary gains at best 4K, so Sanders should win a comfortable 6K.

Illinois will get closer & will probably be a 20-25K loss instead of 40-45K due to McHenry which has barely come in & where Sanders will make up good votes

Remember - there's a St. Louis County and a St. Louis City.  St. Louis City is only 57% reporting.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #646 on: March 15, 2016, 11:10:37 PM »

Rachel Maddow saying that Bernie outspent Hillary in MO by nearly 3-1. If she had any inkling that Ohio would be a rout, she could have moved $$/staff around and swept.

Also... if Bernie has to outspend Hillary 3-1 to TIE in a state we all thought he would have an advantage in, his $$$ are not going to help him as much as we all thought.
psychprofessor

« Reply #647 on: March 15, 2016, 11:10:40 PM »

Agreed.

As a Bernie supporter (who will vote for Hillary in the GE without whining about it), I also think it benefits Hillary for Bernie to stay in. She's able to continue addressing issues in a sane manner. If Bernie dropped, she would have to start going head to head with Trump, and while she can still do that and stay civilized, it'll be better for her to put off that fight and slowly work up to it.

If Bernie dropped out wouldn't she have to use GE funds from that point forward? I remember reading something to that effect...anyone know?
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #648 on: March 15, 2016, 11:10:55 PM »

Recount? LOL
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #649 on: March 15, 2016, 11:11:37 PM »

Agreed.

If Bernie dropped out wouldn't she have to use GE funds from that point forward? I remember reading something to that effect...anyone know?

I thought it was pre/post convention - not candidates
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies