Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:55:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33
Author Topic: Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)  (Read 44931 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: March 16, 2016, 12:06:37 AM »

Well, at least the regional candidate talk can finally be put to rest.

You realize the "she's a woman" vote put her on top in at least five of those six top states

lel

What an extremely dismissive way to treat voters who are concerned about the very real structural disadvantages women face in the public sphere. Maybe being a woman actually is a merit, hmm?

Roll Eyes

Is that why you're always getting wild about any female candidate, regardless of party and ideology?
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #751 on: March 16, 2016, 12:08:09 AM »

NYT has the final numbers. Hillary eeked out Missouri.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #752 on: March 16, 2016, 12:09:57 AM »

Really need Sanders to still be competitive by the time we get to Wisconsin. We have a very important Supreme Court race that night and we need turnout to be up on the Democratic side.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #753 on: March 16, 2016, 12:11:33 AM »

damn, hillary has some of that comeback magic! stunning night Smiley

She's done thiis many times hasn't she. In '08 she won NH after losing IA. In '08 she had an excellent April and May after a thrashing in February. Now, she came back with SC after a disappointing showing in IA and NH and now a sweep after losing MI. Put kudos to her campaign. After losing MI, the gaffes this last week, and getting outspent by Bernie by millions, she wins all five races.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #754 on: March 16, 2016, 12:12:14 AM »

Really need Sanders to still be competitive by the time we get to Wisconsin. We have a very important Supreme Court race that night and we need turnout to be up on the Democratic side.

^^^^^^^
THIS
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #755 on: March 16, 2016, 12:12:40 AM »

Need that vote more for Barrett in Milwaukee. Should win anyways because Bob Donovan is a mini-Trump piece of trash.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #756 on: March 16, 2016, 12:15:18 AM »

As long as he reigns in the Berniebots he can knock himself off campaigning.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #757 on: March 16, 2016, 12:15:30 AM »

Need that vote more for Barrett in Milwaukee. Should win anyways because Bob Donovan is a mini-Trump piece of trash.

Hopefully Larson as well.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #758 on: March 16, 2016, 12:15:51 AM »

Bradley is a failure and transparently corrupt Justice. I don't see her winning, and if she does, this state is doomed locally anyways.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #759 on: March 16, 2016, 12:18:03 AM »

I'm for Abele. Larson is more a puppet of the county board which is corrupt as hell. Supports rebuilding that damn Estabrook dam. Would be cheaper and better for the river to remove it, majority seems to be for removal too. Also voted for years to defer park maintenance and is using it against Abele (they do everything to spite him and not much else). Then Larson was also removed from leadership in the Senate for being incompetent. Abele has also done a lot more for the county then Larson could ever hope for, plus Larson will bankrupt the county and be a county board rubber stamp.
gf20202
« Reply #760 on: March 16, 2016, 12:19:25 AM »

To go way way back to the beginning of the thread, David Shuster was likely full of crap on those Illinois exits of Hispanic voters. It was 49-49. I don't see how things could have shifted that dramatically from the early exits.

http://www.cnn.com/election/primaries/polls/il/Dem

Arizona up next as well as two small caucuses. Last poll there by an albeit unknown pollster:
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2016/02/29/arizona-poll-hillary-clinton-has-big-lead-on.html
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #761 on: March 16, 2016, 12:21:09 AM »

Well, at least the regional candidate talk can finally be put to rest.

You realize the "she's a woman" vote put her on top in at least five of those six top states

lel

What an extremely dismissive way to treat voters who are concerned about the very real structural disadvantages women face in the public sphere. Maybe being a woman actually is a merit, hmm?

Roll Eyes

Is that why you're always getting wild about any female candidate, regardless of party and ideology?

I think it's important to have more women in politics, but I disagree with your premise. Liking Susana Martinez and Hillary Clinton hardly qualifies as "getting wild about any female candidate."
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #762 on: March 16, 2016, 12:28:01 AM »

Well done by Secretary Clinton.

In either case, I'd advise anybody with a low tolerance for sh-tposting to take some time off Atlas. Landslide Lyndon and jfern will be even more intolerable than usual come morning.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #763 on: March 16, 2016, 12:35:32 AM »

Well done by Secretary Clinton.

In either case, I'd advise anybody with a low tolerance for sh-tposting to take some time off Atlas. Landslide Lyndon and jfern will be even more intolerable than usual come morning.

I've put those idiots on ignore, I'll likely to put a couple more who are left. Pathetic people.

But well done Clinton either ways!
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #764 on: March 16, 2016, 12:47:15 AM »

This was a fun night.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #765 on: March 16, 2016, 12:47:50 AM »

So did the Decision Desk call MO for Hillary, retract it, call it for Bernie, retract it, then call it for Hillary again? lol
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #766 on: March 16, 2016, 12:48:36 AM »

North Carolina is completely done:

Clinton: 616,225 (54.6%)
Sanders: 460,263 (40.8%)

What a relative under performance for Clinton, and about on par with her margin in Ohio!
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #767 on: March 16, 2016, 12:49:10 AM »

So did the Decision Desk call MO for Hillary, retract it, call it for Bernie, retract it, then call it for Hillary again? lol

I don't recall seeing an initial call for Hillary, but they definitely called it for Bernie at some point.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #768 on: March 16, 2016, 12:51:55 AM »

What a relative under performance for Clinton, and about on par with her margin in Ohio!

Wow I never would of guessed that would happen....but Clinton has a 22 delegate gain on Sanders in NC which Is way smaller then I thought it would be.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #769 on: March 16, 2016, 12:53:52 AM »
« Edited: March 16, 2016, 12:57:22 AM by Wiz in Wis »

I get that people don't like Abele, but having met both of them, and knowing staffers on both campaigns, I would vote for Abele. Larson is an abhorent person. Just a total piece of garbage.

Also, Larson totally cost the Dems the state senate by being easily the most incompetent leader the caucus has had in decades. Voting for him is voting for Milwaukee County to be demolished under GOP attacks and Dem infighting/incompetence. I say this as a Madison Liberal.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #770 on: March 16, 2016, 01:08:47 AM »

I get that people don't like Abele, but having met both of them, and knowing staffers on both campaigns, I would vote for Abele. Larson is an abhorent person. Just a total piece of garbage.

Also, Larson totally cost the Dems the state senate by being easily the most incompetent leader the caucus has had in decades. Voting for him is voting for Milwaukee County to be demolished under GOP attacks and Dem infighting/incompetence. I say this as a Madison Liberal.

Abele is just too closely tied to the Governor and the State Legislature for me. I really don't want him to run for Governor in 2018 and this would be the best way to stop him.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #771 on: March 16, 2016, 01:10:06 AM »

Nate Cohn posted this map of the South (Clinton vs. Sanders):

He notes that OK, NC, and FL all have party registration, and so the "Dixiecrats" (or whatever you want to call them) are unable to crossover and vote in the Republican primary.

Not necessarily a perfect correlation there: Louisiana has party registration, too, and the biggest D registration advantage out of all of those states to boot. Furthermore, look at the areas surrounding western NC (North GA, East TN, SW VA, etc) where there isn't party registration - Sanders came within single digits in about 20 counties in North GA and did quite well in East TN and VA, too.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #772 on: March 16, 2016, 01:12:27 AM »

Nate Cohn posted this map of the South (Clinton vs. Sanders):

He notes that OK, NC, and FL all have party registration, and so the "Dixiecrats" (or whatever you want to call them) are unable to crossover and vote in the Republican primary.

Not necessarily a perfect correlation there: Louisiana has party registration, too, and the biggest D registration advantage out of all of those states to boot. Furthermore, look at the areas surrounding western NC (North GA, East TN, SW VA, etc) where there isn't party registration - Sanders came within single digits in about 20 counties in North GA and did quite well in East TN and VA, too.

Adam Griffin, that's a fantastic signature.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #773 on: March 16, 2016, 01:13:09 AM »

Thats basicly Obama's margin from 2008.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #774 on: March 16, 2016, 01:15:17 AM »

Wow I never would of guessed that would happen....but Clinton has a 22 delegate gain on Sanders in NC which Is way smaller then I thought it would be.

Actually less than that since they already called 44 delegates for Bernie. Hillary has 59, with 4 uncalled.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies