Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:21:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)  (Read 44901 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: March 15, 2016, 12:34:33 PM »

Voting for Sanders will elect Trump. Do your duty.

THIS kind of divisive rhetoric is exactly what will help Trump. And it only makes people less likely to support Clinton.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 03:17:29 PM »

THIS kind of divisive rhetoric is exactly what will help Trump. And it only makes people less likely to support Clinton.

It is not rhetoric. It is a statement of fact.

Well, is Hillary any better than TRUMP...

Probably, not from the standpoint of true Sanders supporters. Which is exactly why I heartily dislike them.

Your assumptions are not facts until proven so. Fine, say what you like about people who happen to disagree with you in this case. Clinton won't beat Trump without Sanders supporters, and that is a fact. Lumping all of us together isn't going to hel your cause.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 04:28:06 PM »

It is not rhetoric. It is a statement of fact.

Well, is Hillary any better than TRUMP...

Probably, not from the standpoint of true Sanders supporters. Which is exactly why I heartily dislike them.

Your assumptions are not facts until proven so. Fine, say what you like about people who happen to disagree with you in this case. Clinton won't beat Trump without Sanders supporters, and that is a fact. Lumping all of us together isn't going to hel your cause.

It is true that Clinton will need Sanders supporters. However, those Sanders supporters who would even consider voting for Trump I want to go that way: this way I can collect all my hatreds in the same party.

I can't say I think too highly of Sanders supporters who would consider voting for Trump if Clinton is the nominee either. Still, Clinton needs to find a way to win over these voters.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 04:34:04 PM »

I would note that "not satisfied" does not mean "would not vote for."
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 11:01:34 PM »

Well, I missed all the excitement. Looks like MO, IL, and NC were decent for Sanders, but because of his abysmal results in OH and FL, it was an awful night for him overall. I don't think anyone can deny that Clinton will win the nomination at this point, but I don't think it's time for Sanders to drop out just yet. Let his supporters have their say, then once Clinton officially crosses the finish line, we can work toward unity.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 11:35:21 PM »

Recount in MO?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 11:45:26 PM »

Alright, GG. Congrats, Clinton. Time to take a break from the forum. I'll be back when things are less insufferable.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies