Sexual Orientation Determined by Genes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:30:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Sexual Orientation Determined by Genes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Sexual Orientation Determined by Genes  (Read 17519 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2005, 04:33:08 PM »

Sexual orientation is genetic. This will be proven beyond reasonable doubt in our lifetimes.

The Christian fundamentalists will go crazy when the scientific evidence comes to light.

Then why do gay genes continue on if gays don't have children?
Mutations of the Genetic code.  That's right, if genes determine sexual orientations then you come to the conclusion that gays are mutants.

Then we are all mutants to be honest. The genetic code is mutating at all times you realise, some are advantageous, some are not and thus die out. Mutations occur all the time.
Yes, I realize that.  I was being kind of sarcastic with the "Gays are Mutants!"

Or staights are mutants, just more successful ones.  ;-)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2005, 04:34:24 PM »

Never ceases to amaze me the short length of time it takes between the time when someone posts something about gays and the time when the idiots start coming out of the woodwork. Tongue

Interesting article, though.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2005, 04:57:14 PM »

Never ceases to amaze me the short length of time it takes between the time when someone posts something about gays and the time when the idiots start coming out of the woodwork. Tongue

You obviously refer to the third post (second response)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2005, 04:58:01 PM »

I take it you believe in genetic modification of human embryos, and abortion if necessary?

Oh and I'm for all manipulation of genes whatsoever, including cloning of any kind. If we can use science to create a more peaceful, more advanced, more intelligent, more beautiful society, we should do so. Individuals who disagree with genetic manipulation because of religious beliefs are (a majority of the time) ignorant scum.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2005, 08:06:37 PM »

'They' say that roughly 10% of the population is homosexual or bisexual, and almost everyone will have homosexual sexual thoughts at least once. In my opinion, Genetics determine your sexuality, but the individual chooses whether they'll be true to themselves or hide their sexuality by marrying and having kids, which really isn't good for anyone involved.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2005, 08:07:30 PM »

Yes, finding that homosexuality is gene-related may not be a bad thing for my cause. Definitly, it would be a gene the government would want to encourage expecting parents to alter or get rid of somehow.

I'm gonna make a presumption you're being sarcastic.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2005, 10:42:40 AM »

What is it with people constantly trying stamp out things they don't happen to agree with, even if it doesn't directly concern them?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2005, 10:44:14 AM »

The government shouldn't get involved, but correcting the gene would be a great advance for humanity.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2005, 10:57:54 AM »

But if there did happen to be a 'gay gene', then would you still say its unnatural?

Also, if there was such a gene, wouldn't that mean that God wants some people to be gay?  Otherwise, why would He have created them that way?  By altering the embryonic DNA, you realize you'd be messing with God's will, right?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2005, 11:13:45 AM »

As I said before, genetics has been connected to murder tendencies. I doubt God wants people to murder, but I could be wrong.

The fact that something is, is not an indication that God supports it.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2005, 11:22:40 AM »

Well you know as well as I do that God works in mysterious ways. Wink  I would think that if He created each and every person, as the Bible teaches, then He also created their genes.  As you say, He may not support homosexuality or murder, but the fact that He might have created the genetic compositions that cause such behavior would suggest that He at least wanted it to exist.

Also, I wouldn't compare homosexuality to murder, but that's my opinion.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2005, 11:40:02 AM »

What is it with people constantly trying stamp out things they don't happen to agree with, even if it doesn't directly concern them?
I don't think Homosexuality is natural.  The foundation of society is the nuclear family, with one man, one woman, and kids.  If it fails, so does civilization.
Actually, the Koran says a man have 5 wives. The society you talk of is not a Muslim society, not a Mormon society, not a Zoasterianist society. What I am saying is that you see just one, Christian society, which is a bad thing. Preston, I thought that you had more sense then that. Most studies show that homosexuals exibit homosexual tendencies before they reach puberty. I have an article I can dig up if you want to read it that supports that claim. Also, other animals have homosexuals. You may have heard about the gay penguins in New York that raised a penguin. Rams and bulls are also known to perform homosexual sex on each other. I can bring up a link to that to. And so by your standards, are single parents, people who addopt kids, and relatives who raise their families kids unnatural?
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2005, 12:27:35 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2005, 05:37:53 PM »

Yes, finding that homosexuality is gene-related may not be a bad thing for my cause.  Definitly, it would be a gene the government would want to encourage expecting parents to alter or get rid of somehow. 
Whoa there.  I am completely 100% opposed to altering fetuses or the genetic makeup of people before birth, which is what you're implying here.

As for my take on it, homosexuality may be partially determined by genes and things beyond our control, but I believe it's a mix of that and choice.  I take the moderate position on this one.  Further more, all of this gay stuff has to be one of the most boring political "issues" ever.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2005, 06:02:25 PM »

Yes, finding that homosexuality is gene-related may not be a bad thing for my cause.  Definitly, it would be a gene the government would want to encourage expecting parents to alter or get rid of somehow. 
Whoa there.  I am completely 100% opposed to altering fetuses or the genetic makeup of people before birth, which is what you're implying here.

As for my take on it, homosexuality may be partially determined by genes and things beyond our control, but I believe it's a mix of that and choice.  I take the moderate position on this one.  Further more, all of this gay stuff has to be one of the most boring political "issues" ever.
Read the above article I posted. You'll find it exciting. Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2005, 07:22:16 PM »

Well hopefully this is true I may decide to be pro abortion. At least for babies with this gene.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2005, 07:23:24 PM »

Well hopefully this is true I may decide to be pro abortion. At least for babies with this gene.
I hope you're kidding
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2005, 07:30:00 PM »

I hope you're kidding

Barely. But it would be ironic to see pro murder liberals support murdering their voting base.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2005, 07:39:46 PM »

I hope you're kidding

Barely. But it would be ironic to see pro murder liberals support murdering their voting base.

it would be even more ironic to see 'pro-life' Republicans who make it their tradition to pray outside abortion clinics suddenly leap on a pedestal and demand that babies who seem genetically gay be aborted as you have done. 

it would show that their love for life is really only skin-deep, as i suspect in my more cynical moments... 
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2005, 07:44:03 PM »

I hope you're kidding

it would be even more ironic to see 'pro-life' Republicans who make it their tradition to pray outside abortion clinics suddenly leap on a pedestal and demand that babies who seem genetically gay be aborted as you have done. 

it would show that their love for life is really only skin-deep, as i suspect in my more cynical moments... 

Go post some more of your hate America crap. You may continue on now.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2005, 07:45:40 PM »

I hope you're kidding

what the hell does that have to do with anything?  do you usually post random comments like this when you feel under attack? 
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2005, 07:47:11 PM »

I hope you're kidding

what the hell does that have to do with anything?  do you usually post random comments like this when you feel under attack? 

No, I just love pissing off liebrals.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2005, 08:01:27 PM »

I hope you're kidding

I believe that's what is called a "red herring."
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2005, 08:11:43 PM »

You obviously refer to the third post (second response)

That one, as well as Cosmo Kramer's posts, and, well, a heck of a lot of other stupid posts in this topic.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2005, 07:31:13 AM »

Good Lord. What is wrong with you people! The USA is probably the only country in the world that gives a sh... about trying to 'cure' homosexualitry. As for the one who said if genetic links are true we should make it the number one medical priority to 'cure' homosexuality, well i'm sure all those cancer sufferers out there will be really pleased to hear of that! Good to know you've got your priorities right :s

Secondly, all those anti-abortion christian fundamentalists will suddenly change their tune and support abortion in these circumstances saying that it is 'gods will.' Of that there is no doubt. First of course they will deny that the link exists for a few years, still believing that you can catch it by sharing a toothbrush with a 'fag' or something equally as absurd. GENUINE anti-abortionists, who have a genuine and admirable stance on the issue, will of course still condemn abortion, but no doubt they will be attacked as 'ungodly' by their former allies and somewhere the founding fathers will be spinning in their graves so damn fast they will be able to generate heat!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies