Bad results for TRUMP tonight. How does he win?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:26:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bad results for TRUMP tonight. How does he win?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bad results for TRUMP tonight. How does he win?  (Read 739 times)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 15, 2016, 08:14:06 PM »

Obvioulsy, after the poor results tonight, it is a virtual mathematical impossibility for TRUMP to win the majority of delegates. What will his approach be?

a) Court unpledged/released delegates
b) Make a deal with Kasich (offer him the VP slot)
c) Make a deal with Cruz (offer him the SC position)
d) All of the above

Or, if you have some other idea, please post here.
win win
dxu8888

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 08:16:17 PM »

I have no idea. CNN is projecting Kasich has a good shot of winning at the convention, if he doesn't win the 1000 remaining delegates.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 08:57:24 PM »

He might not reach 1237, but Cruz and Kasich won't get there either.

If Trump misses 1237 yet still finishes comfortably ahead of Cruz and Kasich, then you give the nomination to Trump nonetheless.

The only way you don't give it to Trump automatically is if Cruz or Kasich are close. But that won't happen. Cruz and Kasich will be distant a 2nd and 3rd.

The bottom line here is that Trump keeps winning.  State after state.  Right now, he's only losing Ohio, which is big, but he's losing to a popular Governor for whom the GOP Establishment rode to the rescue.  He's projected to win IL and NC at this time, and he's leading Cruz in MO, although it's close.  He's got 40% in every state he won, and 37% in the only state he lost.

How the GOP can ignore this and win in November is beyond me.  I'm told Trump will bring the ticket down, but how is a convention whose sole purpose is to undercut Trump going to help the eventual Republican nominee?  All of the scheming and plotting is going to happen on TV and internet streaming; it's not like 1924 when it was only radio, and that was limited.  Trump CAN be denied, but only at a HIGH price, and it's a price lots of folks are skittish about paying.

Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 09:01:21 PM »

Trump won 3-4 of 5 states tonight... including one of the two winner-take-all states. And Rubio dropped out.

Great night for Trump.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 09:06:26 PM »

I think it was actually a pretty good night -- he failed to knock off Kasich, but got rid of Rubio and arguably hurt Cruz. He's likely to win four of five states, although Missouri is yet to be called. It's still competitive, but I don't think he's going to be doing worse tonight than before. In short, he went into tonight the far-and-away frontrunner and came out the same.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 09:09:44 PM »

Trump won 3-4 of 5 states tonight... including one of the two winner-take-all states. And Rubio dropped out.

Great night for Trump.

Exactly  Whomever started this thread is having problems right now coming to grips with Trump
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 09:24:47 PM »

I can see trump making a deal with Cruz.
And I can see Cruz accepting the VP spot.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 09:31:51 PM »

I can see trump making a deal with Cruz.
And I can see Cruz accepting the VP spot.

The deal with Cruz won't be for the VP slot, but for a seat at the SCOTUS.
Cruz is not eligible to be the VP candidate.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -3.30

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 09:34:27 PM »

Cruz will lose a lot of momentum by April. He should focus in Wisconsin to stay somewhat relevant. April will be a Trump vs. Kasich month. Then, if he doesn't win anything in May (IN, NE, WV, OR and WA), he won't be able to fight in The Last Tuesday.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 09:44:17 PM »

Early predictions that Trump could not possibly win the nomination may turn out to be right.  But I never thought it would happen like this, with Trump leading in delegates but possibly falling short of a majority.  I expected Bush or Rubio to beat him easily in the primaries.
It is possible the establishment is in total control and we don't know it.  We think Trump is winning but maybe he never had a shot.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 09:53:37 PM »

Early predictions that Trump could not possibly win the nomination may turn out to be right.  But I never thought it would happen like this, with Trump leading in delegates but possibly falling short of a majority.  I expected Bush or Rubio to beat him easily in the primaries.
It is possible the establishment is in total control and we don't know it.  We think Trump is winning but maybe he never had a shot.

Ninja establishment delegates
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies