Will Bernie Sanders be gracious in defeat?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:10:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Bernie Sanders be gracious in defeat?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Poll
Question: ...or will he be a stubborn old asshole?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 136

Author Topic: Will Bernie Sanders be gracious in defeat?  (Read 10046 times)
Averroës Nix
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2016, 08:05:58 PM »

Of course Bernie will be gracious in defeat, and when Hillary becomes the nominee going against Trump, the electorate will be faced with the two worst choices for President in history.

I don't agree with you much, and I don't 100% agree, but we certainly have some agreement there. I'd say maybe the worst since 1924.

It will be a horrid choice, but I can't comprehend why it would be any worse than, say, 2000. Or, for that matter, any of the Clinton or Carter elections.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2016, 08:06:47 PM »

Sanders abruptly walked out of an interview when the reporter asked about his wife meeting with Joe Arpaio

You're making it sound like Jane Sanders and Joe Arpaio have political agreement, I'm just wondering if this deception is intentional or incidental?

Why did Sanders feel the need to abruptly leave an interview over such a simple question? That's my point.

Just to clarify, was your deception intentional or incidental?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2016, 08:11:43 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2016, 08:16:10 PM by Invisible Obama »

Sanders abruptly walked out of an interview when the reporter asked about his wife meeting with Joe Arpaio

You're making it sound like Jane Sanders and Joe Arpaio have political agreement, I'm just wondering if this deception is intentional or incidental?

Why did Sanders feel the need to abruptly leave an interview over such a simple question? That's my point.

What is your problem? I wasn't being deceptive, that your misinterpretation. I was wondering why Jane Sanders was meeting with Arpaio in the first place, but for Sanders to throw a diva fit about a mere question made me question it even more. Considering that Arpaio is a right-wing nut, it's fitting that there would be questions about the meeting. I never said anyone had an agreement.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2016, 08:21:33 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2016, 08:24:24 PM by Averroës »

If you'd bothered to read anything about the meeting aside from the Clinton campaign's disingenuous  concern trolling, you would know that the encounter between Arpaio and Jane Sanders was unplanned. See here. He saw Jane Sanders when she was visiting "Tent City" and offered her a tour. She accepted the offer and used her time with Arpaio to ask him about conditions in the camp and racial profiling.

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2016, 08:32:07 PM »

What is your problem? I wasn't being deceptive, that your misinterpretation. I was wondering why Jane Sanders was meeting with Arpaio in the first place, but for Sanders to throw a diva fit about a mere question made me question it even more. Considering that Arpaio is a right-wing nut, it's fitting that there would be questions about the meeting. I never said anyone had an agreement.

My problem is that for several months I've read your posts which are among some of the worst, most misleading and dishonest talking points being used by anybody here, and I just have to ask - what purpose does it serve you to spread misleading information?

In the time that you've taken to write these posts about Jane Sanders and Joe Arpaio, you could have done some basic research and found the answers to your questions.  But those answers don't match the narrative that you are attempting to put forward here, so once again: are you writing these posts because you are attempting to intentionally deceive, or are you being genuine?  If the latter, then it's not a waste of my time to discuss the issue as you have presented it.  If it's the former, I just want to make sure so that I can put you on ignore and not further waste my time.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2016, 12:43:14 AM »

He spent a good part of his Arizona defeat speech tonight attacking Clinton.  With that and his choice to spend the whole week going after Clinton's superdelegates and trying to convince everyone that she'll lose to Trump, it looks like all those who voted No are on track for an easy victory, just like Hillary.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2016, 12:47:39 AM »

He spent a good part of his Arizona defeat speech tonight attacking Clinton.  With that and his choice to spend the whole week going after Clinton's superdelegates and trying to convince everyone that she'll lose to Trump, it looks like all those who voted No are on track for an easy victory, just like Hillary.

Roll Eyes
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2016, 01:17:36 AM »

As long as there are gullible people to give him money and he is surrounded by sycophants like Devine who pay themselves 1 million a month from the campaign coffers, don't expect the old codger showing any signs of dignified acceptance.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2016, 01:29:31 AM »

Um I watched the speech. Yes part of a campaign is to defeat the opponent you see people on both sides attacking each other. The sad thing is most of his speech was positive and him on the issues so your not even accurate. The hatred of Bernie is strong coming from you.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2016, 01:13:51 AM »

Ayyyy anyone remember this thread?

70-28 Atlas.  Boy were you wrong.
Desroko
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2016, 01:33:51 AM »

Ayyyy anyone remember this thread?

70-28 Atlas.  Boy were you wrong.

Guy gives one bad interview and loses his sh**t. Jesus.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2016, 01:37:33 AM »

So far, he's been more gracious in (virtually assured) defeat than Hillary has been in (virtually assured) victory. Which really says all you need to know about her.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2016, 02:00:09 AM »

It's looking increasingly likely that he'll refuse to accept defeat and try to steal the nomination somehow.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2016, 02:04:56 AM »

It's looking increasingly likely that he'll refuse to accept defeat and try to steal the nomination somehow.

His campaign manager is still delusionaly talking about a contested convention.
Someone should inform him that when there are only 2 candidates running one of them will eventually get a majority of delegates.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2016, 03:25:47 AM »

Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2016, 04:35:42 AM »

Things have gotten a little testier lately, but I'd still bet on him endorsing Clinton. Assuming Clinton wins and the Democrats take the Senate, Sanders would end up as the new Chairman of the Budget Committee, so they both have incentives to get along.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2016, 05:22:53 AM »

You may dislike Sanders, but he's not an idiot. He knows it wouldn't benefit him at all.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2016, 01:46:42 PM »

If "gracious in defeat" means putting his support behind Hillary Clinton, he would never do that.  At no point will he endorse her or call for party unity.  He has no interest in the Democratic Party at all, except as a vehicle for his own message.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2016, 02:39:51 PM »

Here's what it will sound like: https://youtube.com/watch?v=2jDcPbSCluA

The 2016 convention will probably have a lot of Sanders signs on the delegate floor, unfortunately.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2016, 03:10:58 PM »

Here's what it will sound like: https://youtube.com/watch?v=2jDcPbSCluA

The 2016 convention will probably have a lot of Sanders signs on the delegate floor, unfortunately.

Funny, even Kennedy starts his speech with "Let me say a few words".
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2016, 04:34:52 PM »

I know some Hillary folks here get a hard-on whenever Sanders is critical of Clinton, since that "proves" that they're right about him being a spiteful old coot. But I still stand by my claim that when this race is actually over, i.e. when Clinton clinches a majority of delegates, he'll concede defeat and be gracious about it. I know many of you would love more evidence that Sanders is a vile human being, but sorry, he isn't.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2016, 09:15:05 PM »

If "gracious in defeat" means putting his support behind Hillary Clinton, he would never do that.  At no point will he endorse her or call for party unity.  He has no interest in the Democratic Party at all, except as a vehicle for his own message.

He's endorsed every Democratic presidential nominee since Mondale. Why would that change now?
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2016, 10:31:27 PM »

If "gracious in defeat" means putting his support behind Hillary Clinton, he would never do that.  At no point will he endorse her or call for party unity.  He has no interest in the Democratic Party at all, except as a vehicle for his own message.

He's endorsed every Democratic presidential nominee since Mondale. Why would that change now?
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2016, 01:46:24 AM »
« Edited: May 18, 2016, 01:48:34 AM by Jeff Weaver »

Ayyyy, remember when everyone hated on me for making this thread?  Cheesy

I'm 'trying to pick a fight' because you are a mindless hack and troll who has done nothing that will leave any meaningful impact on this website.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2016, 01:50:16 AM »

He's being just as gracious as the Clinton campaign was at this point in 2008.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies