Politicians and lying
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:31:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Politicians and lying
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do politicians LIE to get elected?
Yes

No

When they have too

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Politicians and lying  (Read 3574 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2005, 05:58:55 AM »

Actually, I think people are looking for hope, not lies. They find a little false hope in believing the lies - but the lies are not what they want. They want the lies to be truth. But when the other guy is selling a load of BS to those that are buying false hope, it does make it hard. Such is the system we live in. If the voters asked for more than false hope, they would get it - but that isn't the case right now.

That never HAS been the case. And probably never will be.
Palefire
Rookie

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2005, 06:51:58 AM »

The average Joe has always been susceptible to the lure of false of hope - and most likely always will be, so I agree with you in broad terms. But, the amount attention the voting body, as a whole, pays to politics does change. Generally speaking; people tend to be more involved when their own economy is less than they think it should be. I would certainly advocate that people take a greater interest in their democracy at all times – but, that’s just a pipe dream.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2005, 06:56:56 AM »

The average Joe has always been susceptible to the lure of false of hope - and most likely always will be, so I agree with you in broad terms. But, the amount attention the voting body, as a whole, pays to politics does change. Generally speaking; people tend to be more involved when their own economy is less than they think it should be. I would certainly advocate that people take a greater interest in their democracy at all times – but, that’s just a pipe dream.

I have been the exact opposite of that. When I first got married and we had very little money I cared very little about politics. I was to busy working trying to support a young family. Now that I have become wealthier I have a great interest in politics and the "issues discussion" or lack thereof.
Palefire
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2005, 09:36:54 AM »

I have been the exact opposite of that. When I first got married and we had very little money I cared very little about politics. I was to busy working trying to support a young family. Now that I have become wealthier I have a great interest in politics and the "issues discussion" or lack thereof.

Not necessarily. Young newly weds without money expect to have financial problems (if they are remotely realistic). As such they don't tend to blame politicians. If they are smart, they work hard and get themselves out of the hole they are in. But economic recession and depression tend to leave people feeling slighted by the mismanagement of the economy by politicians. It's about mass expectations when one speaks to the political voting body as a whole, not isolated cases.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2005, 05:55:32 PM »

I'm not saying that I don't think politicians lie but I think the view of them as terrible people is blown a little out of proportion due to many people growing up around people like Nixon or Clinton so it's hard for them to see truth in another politician.

Nixon was not a terrible person.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies