Obama to be extensively involved in 2016 campaign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:15:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Obama to be extensively involved in 2016 campaign (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama to be extensively involved in 2016 campaign  (Read 3117 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: March 17, 2016, 01:08:46 PM »

The funny thing is, if there were an election between W and Obama today, I'd vote for W without hesitation.

But yes, this is what needs to be done. Democrats like Grimes trying to run away from Obama in 2014 and running as Republican-lites found out that's a losing strategy.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 02:08:18 PM »

Pretty good idea of the Democrats,  especially with the Republicans blocking the Supreme Court confirmation without any reason.

The funny thing is, if there were an election between W and Obama today, I'd vote for W without hesitation.

You've gotta be kidding me, why?

When was the last time you had your head examined?
Bush was, in many ways, more effective than Obama and wasn't afraid to sometimes do things that angered his base. While Obama has been unfairly disrespected a lot, he brings some of that on to himself because people perceive him as "weak". Say what you will about Bush, but he didn't project weakness to his supporters or political opponents.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 02:35:42 PM »

Because I wouldn't fit into the GOP, either. I'm a New Keynesian and I am more concerned with the efficiency of government than the size of government. A colleague of mine who is an economics professor says that Republicans are like doctors practicing without a license and Democrats are like Santa Claus. I tend to agree and would rather err on the side of government irresponsibility rather than the destruction of government.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 03:06:27 PM »

You're right - he doesn't project weakness. He strongly fights for terrible policies that wreck the country.

That's utter nonsense you're spewing.
TARP was good, NCLB was good and the Surge worked. Those were all controversial decisions. PEPFAR was a great humanitarian achievement. I'm not saying Bush was a great president or even that I agree with him more than Obama, but he was better than he's given credit for. At the end of the day, there isn't a tremendous amount of difference between the establishment in the two parties, and I just don't think Obama is suited for the presidency. He's a good man who I admire (and voted for), but he thinks like an idealist and acts like a technocrat, which I don't think is a formula for success.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies