registration deadline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:42:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  registration deadline
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: registration deadline  (Read 721 times)
SunSt0rm
Netherlands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 17, 2016, 03:21:43 PM »

I have heard people suggesting that the republican party will bring a third party candidate if Trump would be the nominee or that Trump would go independent if the establishment screw him.

But arent they too late then to be able to on the ballot in all the sates in the GE? I thought Bloomberg had to make a decision in March so he would be able to be on the ballot in all states
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 03:34:14 PM »

Link

Trump needs to hand in some 80.000 signatures for TX by May 9 to be on the ballot there as an Indy.

TX is the first state for Indy candidates to submit their signatures.

NC is next on June 9 with 90.000 signatures.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 03:43:21 PM »

Donald Trump could already start collecting signatures for an Indy run in TX and NC preemptively as a pawn for a likely contested convention. If he's collected enough signatures for these 2 states when the convention rolls around, the establishment would think twice about forcing such a contested convention.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 03:53:39 PM »

Donald Trump could already start collecting signatures for an Indy run in TX and NC preemptively as a pawn for a likely contested convention. If he's collected enough signatures for these 2 states when the convention rolls around, the establishment would think twice about forcing such a contested convention.

This is actually a really good idea. It would basically ensure his nomination.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 03:58:54 PM »

Hopefully some Trump supporter doesn't email this to his campaign manager ... and I'm responsible for ensuring Trump's nomination ... Tongue
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 04:04:58 PM »

Hopefully some Trump supporter doesn't email this to his campaign manager ... and I'm responsible for ensuring Trump's nomination ... Tongue

I'm sure one of the Trumpets here will volunteer, but if not I'll be glad to do so. I'd rather not face Kasich in the general. Tongue
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 04:07:35 PM »

I'm sure one of the Trumpets here will volunteer, but if not I'll be glad to do so. I'd rather not face Kasich in the general. Tongue

Kasich getting the nomination at a brokered convention will badly weaken him, especially if the StormTrumpers riot because Trump didn't get it, which you know they will. And obviously Trump won't endorse him, and will likely run 3rd party against him.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 04:57:05 PM »

Unless, of course, another Republican does the same.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 06:13:17 PM »

Kasich getting the nomination at a brokered convention will badly weaken him, especially if the StormTrumpers riot because Trump didn't get it, which you know they will. And obviously Trump won't endorse him, and will likely run 3rd party against him.
He would also struggle to get conservatives to support him (although Ted Cruz may give him a nominal endorsement).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies