Reaction to Trump nomination from US’s Western allies UPDATE:Renzi weighs in too
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:41:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Reaction to Trump nomination from US’s Western allies UPDATE:Renzi weighs in too
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Reaction to Trump nomination from US’s Western allies UPDATE:Renzi weighs in too  (Read 4047 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2016, 11:42:42 AM »

As the world changes with massive economic migration of people from poor countries to wealthy countries, terrorism, zika virus and all manner of god-fearing mobile internet enabled crazies taking over the world, politicians like Trump will appear in other countries.

He is a response to a world living in fear.

You ask Eurpoean countries about the Cologne rapes, and they would love a wall and a ban on muslims entering their country.

So the response, although loud against Trump will only flow from left wing groups who happen to be the loudest to begin with.

Trump is such an easily protestable character, so anyone who likes to get out and protest will.

In Australia, everyone has an Uncle Donald who talks like this guy. So we dont really get phased by him. I am just more fascinated by the circus that follows him.

In China, that regime needs to keep in mind that their comments will actually help Trump if they attack him too much.

Trumps defensive style and promise to change the country drastically is what appears to be on the minds of a lot of Americans at the moment.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2016, 01:29:33 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2016, 01:31:17 PM by ag »

The only people who will comment from overseas are people who don't like him.

People who agree that you can secure your borders and control foreign trade wont say a word.

So it will be very biased.

Australia closed its borders to illegal boat arrivals, and not one illegal has arrived by boat since 2013/14.

Yet no one bats an eyelid anymore, left wing or right wing. Its a nil political debate when your borders are secure.

Mexicans are getting ticked off because Donald Trump wants to control our southern border?

No, because we all are rapists and robbers.

And that is something Mr. Trump and his followers will never live down. Next time, when you talk about how much you like Mr. Trump in the presence of a Latino gardener or hotel maid, or, for that matter, a Latino Ivy League Prof., keep in mind what he thinks about you. Hint: S/he thinks you are a rapist and a bandit.

You're absolutely right. What Trump should say: "I'd like to clarify something I said earlier. All of those illegal immigrants that dislike me so much? Well, I can tell you with 100% certainty that 100% of them have broken the law."

You see, despite the objections of the PC police, there's a reason for someone being called an illegal immigrant...

So you think all Mexicans are rapists? Because that is what they are pissed about.....

Of course we can do our own generalization. All Trump supporters are human trash! Racist pieces of sh**t.

And, in fact, they are. Every day one of them goes through without being publically called a worthless piece of sh**t at least four or five times is a day that God chose to look the other way.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2016, 01:44:07 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2016, 02:02:15 PM by ProudModerate2 »

People who agree that you can secure your borders and control foreign trade wont say a word.
Australia closed its borders to illegal boat arrivals, and not one illegal has arrived by boat since 2013/14.
Yet no one bats an eyelid anymore, left wing or right wing. Its a nil political debate when your borders are secure.

Mexicans are getting ticked off because Donald Trump wants to control our southern border?

And that is something Mr. Trump and his followers will never live down.
Next time, when you talk about how much you like Mr. Trump in the presence of a Latino gardener or hotel maid, or, for that matter, a Latino Ivy League Prof., keep in mind what he thinks about you. Hint: S/he thinks you are a rapist and a bandit.

THIS !!!
The problem with trump followers, is that they just like to ignore this aspect of trump's "immigration policy," and just pretend he never said it. It makes them feel better to neglect the truth of what actually came out of trump's mouth.
They say and think : "Let's just disregard where trump basically referred to ALL immigrants as rapists and thieves, and say instead that people are upset and against securing our borders." When in reality, the electorate are mainly disturbed about trump's disgusting labeling of millions of people.
Pure denial.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2016, 02:14:54 PM »

And that is something Mr. Trump and his followers will never live down.
Next time, when you talk about how much you like Mr. Trump in the presence of a Latino gardener or hotel maid, or, for that matter, a Latino Ivy League Prof., keep in mind what he thinks about you. Hint: S/he thinks you are a rapist and a bandit.

THIS !!!
The problem with trump followers, is that they just like to ignore this aspect of trump's "immigration policy," and just pretend he never said it. It makes them feel better to neglect the truth of what actually came out of trump's mouth.
They say and think : "Let's just disregard where trump basically referred to ALL immigrants as rapists and thieves, and say instead that people are upset and against securing our borders." When in reality, the electorate are mainly disturbed about trump's disgusting labeling of millions of people.
Pure denial.

For trump followers who still just don't get it, and even have a hard time understanding what 2+2 equals, watch this 9 minute video from "The Daily Show." Maybe some basic satire on explaining this topic, will reach some of your elusive brain cells :

Jon Stewart Slams Donald Trump Supporters For Defending ‘Mexican Rapists’ Comments.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/03/jon-stewart-donald-trump-mexican-rapists_n_7721686.html
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2016, 12:19:21 AM »

If Trump gets the nomination I assume many of these foreign leaders will be trying to figure out how to subtly boost their former colleague, Secretary Clinton, without being too blatant about it.  Most do not want to be seen as meddlers the way Nentanyahu was during 2012.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2016, 10:13:03 AM »

You're absolutely right. What Trump should say: "I'd like to clarify something I said earlier. All of those illegal immigrants that dislike me so much? Well, I can tell you with 100% certainty that 100% of them have broken the law."

You see, despite the objections of the PC police, there's a reason for someone being called an illegal immigrant...

So you think all Mexicans are rapists? Because that is what they are pissed about.....

Of course we can do our own generalization. All Trump supporters are human trash! Racist pieces of sh**t.

Please re-read what I said; I have even put the important portion in bold for you.

One must be very careful about making general statements about "all Mexicans" or "all Trump supporters". If Donald Trump said that all Mexicans are rapists, he's clearly mistaken and people should call him on it. But if he were to say that all illegal immigrants have broken the law, he'd be correct, and we should listen to what he and others propose as solutions to the problem.

Or perhaps we should do it your way: scream unpleasant names at those we disagree with, ignore the problem, and proclaim victory.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2016, 01:26:26 PM »

It amazes me how many Americans want to cut the their own legs off in order to spite the rest of the world. Nationalism is a poison.
Nationalism is a great thing. It just doesn't mix too well with globalism. I would prefer it if the US had no allies - no obligations to other countries - due to how little the rest of the world could do (relatively) for us.

If you are a nationalist you should stop calling yourself a left-winger. Nationalism is selling-out the international working-class to the elite for the sake of some miserable lines on a map.

It amazes me how many Americans want to cut the their own legs off in order to spite the rest of the world. Nationalism is a poison.
I really doubt many people are voting for Drumpf just to mess with the rest of the world.

I've seen it a lot. People like "screw the rest of the world, we're America". Even Sanders supporters which is grim.
That may be true (I personally don't know many Trump supporters), but seems to me that they are more in favor of America first rather than "screw the rest of the world", which is a side effect they are willing to accept.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2016, 03:48:25 PM »

Please re-read what I said; I have even put the important portion in bold for you.

One must be very careful about making general statements about "all Mexicans" or "all Trump supporters". If Donald Trump said that all Mexicans are rapists, he's clearly mistaken and people should call him on it. But if he were to say that all illegal immigrants have broken the law, he'd be correct, and we should listen to what he and others propose as solutions to the problem.

Or perhaps we should do it your way: scream unpleasant names at those we disagree with, ignore the problem, and proclaim victory.

Stop trying to change the subject. He said Mexican immigrants are rapists and that "some" are good people. So being generous, he said a majority of Mexican immigrants are rapists. Are you defending that?
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2016, 06:55:05 AM »

Stop trying to change the subject. He said Mexican immigrants are rapists and that "some" are good people. So being generous, he said a majority of Mexican immigrants are rapists. Are you defending that?

Nope, I'm not defending that at all. Clearly, saying that a majority of illegal immigrants are rapists is wrong, as that's not the case. However, there have been many documented cases of people being murdered by illegal immigrants. Are you defending that? What I'm saying is that Trump should apologize for the way he stated things in the past, and say instead that all illegal immigrants have broken the law, and need to be dealt with. Period. Those who want to argue against getting our immigration house in order will have a very difficult time arguing against that.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2016, 10:35:08 AM »

Nope, I'm not defending that at all. Clearly, saying that a majority of illegal immigrants are rapists is wrong, as that's not the case. However, there have been many documented cases of people being murdered by illegal immigrants. Are you defending that? What I'm saying is that Trump should apologize for the way he stated things in the past, and say instead that all illegal immigrants have broken the law, and need to be dealt with. Period. Those who want to argue against getting our immigration house in order will have a very difficult time arguing against that.

I have said nothing about my views on immigration and it's not even relevant. The issue is that Trump uses racial hatred and division to advocate for his issues. That's the real problem with Trump, not that he thinks illegal immigration should stop
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2016, 04:06:46 PM »

I have said nothing about my views on immigration and it's not even relevant. The issue is that Trump uses racial hatred and division to advocate for his issues. That's the real problem with Trump, not that he thinks illegal immigration should stop

Yeah, here's the narrative: Trumps statements have nothing to do with illegal immigration, he simply hates all Mexicans and is just a terrible, divisive person. Because naturally, this is about what you say it's about, not about what the candidate says it's about. Thanks for clearing that up.

And let's not forget that according to you, "All Trump supporters are human trash! Racist pieces of sh**t." This is obviously the loving, unifying alternative to the divisive Trump campaign, yes?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2016, 06:50:46 PM »

Yeah, here's the narrative: Trumps statements have nothing to do with illegal immigration, he simply hates all Mexicans and is just a terrible, divisive person. Because naturally, this is about what you say it's about, not about what the candidate says it's about. Thanks for clearing that up.

And let's not forget that according to you, "All Trump supporters are human trash! Racist pieces of sh**t." This is obviously the loving, unifying alternative to the divisive Trump campaign, yes?

I want to unify everybody but your average Trump supporter thinks there is a race war going on so not much to be done there.....

Trump said a majority of Mexican illegal immigrants are rapists! How is that acceptable? And of course your average trump retard doesn't differentiate between an illegal or legal immigrant. They hate all outsiders.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2016, 12:29:20 PM »

I want to unify everybody but your average Trump supporter thinks there is a race war going on so not much to be done there.....

Trump said a majority of Mexican illegal immigrants are rapists! How is that acceptable? And of course your average trump retard doesn't differentiate between an illegal or legal immigrant. They hate all outsiders.

Do you have anything to back this statement up? Or are we to rely on your brilliant and helpful insights about what appears to be a growing number of "Trump retards"?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2016, 07:40:25 AM »

It’s happening….Trump winning the GOP nomination is no longer a hypothetical, so we’ll have to see how world leaders react.  As you may recall, David Cameron had the following to say about Trump’s proposed Muslim ban several months ago:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/03/david-cameron-should-reach-out-and-apologise-to-donald-trump-his/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The Telegraph now says that a Trump adviser wants Cameron to apologize, but Cameron isn’t biting.  However:

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2016, 08:13:59 AM »

Australians have already out-Trumped the Donald.

We have secured the borders. Stopped the illegal refugees, and have not had one boat arrival since 2013.

Donald Trump is of little significance to our part of the world unless he sanctions China.

Europe is currently undergoing a shift to the right for the same reasons.

I dont think its a long term political trend, but rather part of a cycle.

USA has a simple problem. $19.5 Trillion.

You dont have to ask permission from the rest of the world to fix it.

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2016, 05:36:13 AM »

*bump*

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/trump-david-cameron-223204

Trump also responded to London Mayor Sadiq Khan’s comments about Trump’s proposed Muslim ban:

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2016, 04:23:50 PM »

It seems that we have become an embarrassment to most of our close allies, and to many other nations around the world.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2016, 04:47:25 PM »

*bump*

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/trump-david-cameron-223204

Trump also responded to London Mayor Sadiq Khan’s comments about Trump’s proposed Muslim ban:

What's Trump going to do? Ban him from entering the US?

(And does Trump even comprehend what a mess he will be in if and when people have a similar response to him? The utter lack of self awareness is staggering. Trump truly is a psychopath.)
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2016, 05:20:30 PM »

Nationalism is a great thing. It just doesn't mix too well with globalism. I would prefer it if the US had no allies - no obligations to other countries - due to how little the rest of the world could do (relatively) for us.

Nationalism stirs up divisive and negative rhetoric. Nationalism is a problem, not a solution.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2016, 07:01:37 PM »

I like how we have a major party presidential nominee who says things like "I'm not stupid, OK?  I can tell you that right now."
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2016, 06:18:57 AM »

Australians have already out-Trumped the Donald.

We have secured the borders. Stopped the illegal refugees, and have not had one boat arrival since 2013.

by means of massive, massive human rights violations, yeah. out-trumping the donald, thus, is a good description
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2016, 08:06:32 AM »

Latest on Cameron vs. Trump: Trump claims that Cameron has invited him to London for a visit:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/trump-david-cameron-invitation-223400

Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2016, 11:56:36 AM »

Latest on Cameron vs. Trump: Trump claims that Cameron has invited him to London for a visit:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/trump-david-cameron-invitation-223400

Don't do him any favors. Roll Eyes
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2016, 11:19:14 AM »

Cameron's office says that there has been no invitation sent to Trump:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/downing-st-denies-donald-trump-invitation-claim-20160520-gp0g47.html

So sounds like, even though there isn't going to be any invitation sent, Cameron would agree to meet with him if he visited the UK this summer.  I can only imagine how such a meeting would go....
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2016, 04:07:14 PM »

And that is something Mr. Trump and his followers will never live down. Next time, when you talk about how much you like Mr. Trump in the presence of a Latino gardener or hotel maid, or, for that matter, a Latino Ivy League Prof., keep in mind what he thinks about you. Hint: S/he thinks you are a rapist and a bandit.

And, in fact, they are. Every day one of them goes through without being publically called a worthless piece of sh**t at least four or five times is a day that God chose to look the other way.

How the heck are you a moderator? You're like drunk George Ramos.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies