Intense protests outside Trump event in Utah
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:59:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Intense protests outside Trump event in Utah
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Intense protests outside Trump event in Utah  (Read 2990 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 19, 2016, 01:15:54 AM »

Happened on CNN earlier.  I found a video of it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1BMEoD5z0I

Protesters trying everything they can to break into the building where Trump is speaking.  Tore down police checkpoint tents and metal detectors.  Police formed a line, protesters attacked.  Video of protesters attacking:
https://twitter.com/Jacobnbc/status/711020105887383552

I think my least favorite part of all that when they all throw their hands up at the end.  It's like shouting "truce!" during tag on the playground.  They beat on the police and abuse them, and then throw their hands in the air and the police can't do anything because it will all be on video as "police assault unarmed protesters with their hands in the air at Trump event."  We know how this works but America doesn't.

Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 01:46:28 AM »

Good. Take down the fascist.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 02:27:52 AM »

Happened on CNN earlier.  I found a video of it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1BMEoD5z0I

Protesters trying everything they can to break into the building where Trump is speaking.  Tore down police checkpoint tents and metal detectors.  Police formed a line, protesters attacked.  Video of protesters attacking:

I think my least favorite part of all that when they all throw their hands up at the end.  It's like shouting "truce!" during tag on the playground.  They beat on the police and abuse them, and then throw their hands in the air and the police can't do anything because it will all be on video as "police assault unarmed protesters with their hands in the air at Trump event."  We know how this works but America doesn't.

Lyin Steve, most of what you are saying is exaggerated and "lies."
In the first YouTube video you posted, the reporter says near the end that "there hasn't been anything that has gotten out of hand, and police officers have maintained the peace."
Your second video shows the police shoving the line of protesters back some .... no big deal here, typical police control over a crowd of protesters.

You may need to adjust your title, because there is no "intense" protest.
(Also, think about changing your Atlas username to "Chicken Little.")
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 02:43:12 AM »

In the first YouTube video you posted, the reporter says near the end that "there hasn't been anything that has gotten out of hand, and police officers have maintained the peace."
Your second video shows the police shoving the line of protesters back some .... no big deal here, typical police control over a crowd of protesters.

At the end of the video he's moved to the other side of the building.
The video starts with him talking about protesters "storming" the building and tearing down security checkpoint tents.  That is at the main entrance to the building.  When he says it's peaceful, he is talking about the side entrance.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 02:46:36 AM »

At least he picked a good username.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 03:04:17 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 03:12:03 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

And that's why you lost Idaho in a landslide, Mr. Trump.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 06:33:51 AM »

At least he picked a good username.

Guess now we know why he has Lyin' in his username
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 06:38:48 AM »

I wonder why TRUMP is campaigning in Utah. It will likely be his worst state.

After the election, PRESIDENT TRUMP may build a wall around the state and make Utah pay for it.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 09:00:06 AM »

After the election, PRESIDENT TRUMP may build a wall around the state and make Utah pay for it.
If he tries, Bain will come to the Capital and break the TRUMPMAN's back.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 09:02:29 AM »
« Edited: March 19, 2016, 09:06:54 AM by ProgressiveCanadian »

He knows he's not popular In Utah. Trump knows exactly what he's doing.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2016, 09:05:58 AM »

Why wouldn't Trump campaign in Utah?  It's a state with a primary, and the GOP voters there have as much right to an informed choice as anyone else.

As for the protests:  If it's outside, with no disruption of ingress and egress, that's their right.  If it's inside, interrupting the proceedings, that's NOT their right.  Can America come to an agreement on that simple issue?
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2016, 09:07:53 AM »

Why wouldn't Trump campaign in Utah?  It's a state with a primary, and the GOP voters there have as much right to an informed choice as anyone else.

As for the protests:  If it's outside, with no disruption of ingress and egress, that's their right.  If it's inside, interrupting the proceedings, that's NOT their right.  Can America come to an agreement on that simple issue?

Not for votes but for more free media. The protests outside will help.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2016, 12:09:12 PM »

lol, this forum is getting unreal.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2016, 12:21:12 PM »

It will likely be his worst state in primaries or caucuses. This will make his defeat in Ohio look like a fluke. He will perform worse in Utah than any Republican nominee for President since Barry Goldwater.

Something even more troublesome is showing: even before he approaches election he shows that he will so polarize America that he will be unable to lead America. At the least Dubya was able to follow the book after 9/11 and got away with the bungled wars in Afghanistan and Iraq until he could get re-elected. After that, elections did not matter much for Dubya.

Utah may have only six electoral votes to offer, and if I were a Republican I would gladly trade Utah for Michigan or Pennsylvania in the electoral college. But that trade is impossible. If he loses the Mormon vote he loses Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming -- something that few of us could imagine. Lackluster support by Mormons causes him to lose Arizona.  

Non-Mormons in Utah are very liberal, in fact voting like Californians. But this may not be the whole problem for Donald Trump.  One offends Mormon sensibilities in Utah and one loses. Utah is usually an easy win for almost any Republican in non-local politics. Donald Trump has stretched that assumption. Its incumbent Republican Senator and its incumbent Republican Governor will almost certainly win in landslides even in a bad year for Republicans in the US as a whole.  

This election may prove that a Republican can lose the statewide vote in Utah.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 12:22:43 PM »

Political reality itself is beginning to look unreal this year.   
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 12:23:24 PM »

It will likely be his worst state in primaries or caucuses. This will make his defeat in Ohio look like a fluke. He will perform worse in Utah than any Republican nominee for President since Barry Goldwater.

Something even more troublesome is showing: even before he approaches election he shows that he will so polarize America that he will be unable to lead America. At the least Dubya was able to follow the book after 9/11 and got away with the bungled wars in Afghanistan and Iraq until he could get re-elected. After that, elections did not matter much for Dubya.

Utah may have only six electoral votes to offer, and if I were a Republican I would gladly trade Utah for Michigan or Pennsylvania in the electoral college. But that trade is impossible. If he loses the Mormon vote he loses Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming -- something that few of us could imagine. Lackluster support by Mormons causes him to lose Arizona.  

Non-Mormons in Utah are very liberal, in fact voting like Californians. But this may not be the whole problem for Donald Trump.  One offends Mormon sensibilities in Utah and one loses. Utah is usually an easy win for almost any Republican in non-local politics. Donald Trump has stretched that assumption. Its incumbent Republican Senator and its incumbent Republican Governor will almost certainly win in landslides even in a bad year for Republicans in the US as a whole.  

I wonder why the mormons hate him so much?  Is it because he trash talked Mitt, or is there some Trump/mormon feud going back to the 80s?

At any rate, there's nothing suspicious about him campaigning there.  Cruz is campaigning in Arizona even though he has no chance to win it.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 12:38:03 PM »

I wonder why the mormons hate him so much?  Is it because he trash talked Mitt, or is there some Trump/mormon feud going back to the 80s?

At any rate, there's nothing suspicious about him campaigning there.  Cruz is campaigning in Arizona even though he has no chance to win it.

Let a Mormon speak on that if it is about culture. I am not a Mormon, so I can only look at statistical evidence and behavior.

EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2016, 12:48:38 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2016, 12:54:36 PM by EliteLX »

You are whats wrong with this country. As big of an ass Donald is, your first amendment right does not cover you infringing on others or causing riot and destruction.

Any whiny ass college liberal threatening police, rioting at any rally, or tearing others property down should get shot with a tazer and thrown in jail for a night or two. Your mentality is the same careless degrading outlook that empowered Ferguson and the like and is setting a precedent that these things are okay.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2016, 12:54:02 PM »

your first amendment right does not cover you infringing on others or causing riot and destruction.
indeed, that's why trump rallies should be promptly and forcefully disbanded
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2016, 12:56:06 PM »

You are whats wrong with this country. As big of an ass Donald is, your first amendment right does not cover you infringing on others or causing riot and destruction.

Any whiny ass college liberal threatening police, rioting at any rally, or tearing others property down should get shot with a tazer and thrown in jail for a night or two. Your mentality is the same careless degrading outlook that empowered Ferguson and the like and is setting a precedent that these things are okay.

Actually the death of Michael Brown and the failure to convict Darren Wilson "empowered" Ferguson.

Thanks for playing, though.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2016, 01:16:14 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2016, 01:19:15 PM by EliteLX »

Actually the death of Michael Brown and the failure to convict Darren Wilson "empowered" Ferguson.

A controversial case with a reasonable argument is not reasoning to burn down a city and throw bricks at law enforcement. If it is, your priorities are beyond wacked and you are at fault for the divided race and LE relations with minorities. Attempting to excuse the actions of any of those nights should have you ashamed, Max.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2016, 01:58:29 PM »

Uh, you realize this is Utah, right? I highly doubt these are whiny college hipsters that are protesting here.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2016, 04:16:54 PM »

(disclaimer, I am a Mormon)

Well, trash-talking Mitt is among the reasons, but Mormons also hate Trump because he's obnoxious, crude, has bad morals in his personal life, because he hates immigrants and refugees (early Mormons were basically refugees and modern Mormons have a large immigrant population). In fact, the LDS Church published a statement condemning hate speech against Muslim refugees, though didn't call out Trump specifically.

We also dislike when rich folks visibly throw their money around; Romney didn't go around saying "I'm really rich", after all. He was rich, but didn't act like a spoiled child. Also, Trump has called Mormonism "an alien faith" in the past. So we dislike him for many, many reasons.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2016, 04:23:02 PM »

your first amendment right does not cover you infringing on others or causing riot and destruction.
indeed, that's why trump rallies should be promptly and forcefully disbanded
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies