Intense protests outside Trump event in Utah (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:55:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Intense protests outside Trump event in Utah (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Intense protests outside Trump event in Utah  (Read 3016 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 19, 2016, 12:21:12 PM »

I wonder why TRUMP is campaigning in Utah. It will likely be his worst state.

After the election, PRESIDENT TRUMP may build a wall around the state and make Utah pay for it.

It will likely be his worst state in primaries or caucuses. This will make his defeat in Ohio look like a fluke. He will perform worse in Utah than any Republican nominee for President since Barry Goldwater.

Something even more troublesome is showing: even before he approaches election he shows that he will so polarize America that he will be unable to lead America. At the least Dubya was able to follow the book after 9/11 and got away with the bungled wars in Afghanistan and Iraq until he could get re-elected. After that, elections did not matter much for Dubya.

Utah may have only six electoral votes to offer, and if I were a Republican I would gladly trade Utah for Michigan or Pennsylvania in the electoral college. But that trade is impossible. If he loses the Mormon vote he loses Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming -- something that few of us could imagine. Lackluster support by Mormons causes him to lose Arizona.  

Non-Mormons in Utah are very liberal, in fact voting like Californians. But this may not be the whole problem for Donald Trump.  One offends Mormon sensibilities in Utah and one loses. Utah is usually an easy win for almost any Republican in non-local politics. Donald Trump has stretched that assumption. Its incumbent Republican Senator and its incumbent Republican Governor will almost certainly win in landslides even in a bad year for Republicans in the US as a whole.  

This election may prove that a Republican can lose the statewide vote in Utah.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 12:22:43 PM »

Political reality itself is beginning to look unreal this year.   
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 12:38:03 PM »

I wonder why TRUMP is campaigning in Utah. It will likely be his worst state.

After the election, PRESIDENT TRUMP may build a wall around the state and make Utah pay for it.

It will likely be his worst state in primaries or caucuses. This will make his defeat in Ohio look like a fluke. He will perform worse in Utah than any Republican nominee for President since Barry Goldwater.

Something even more troublesome is showing: even before he approaches election he shows that he will so polarize America that he will be unable to lead America. At the least Dubya was able to follow the book after 9/11 and got away with the bungled wars in Afghanistan and Iraq until he could get re-elected. After that, elections did not matter much for Dubya.

Utah may have only six electoral votes to offer, and if I were a Republican I would gladly trade Utah for Michigan or Pennsylvania in the electoral college. But that trade is impossible. If he loses the Mormon vote he loses Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming -- something that few of us could imagine. Lackluster support by Mormons causes him to lose Arizona.  

Non-Mormons in Utah are very liberal, in fact voting like Californians. But this may not be the whole problem for Donald Trump.  One offends Mormon sensibilities in Utah and one loses. Utah is usually an easy win for almost any Republican in non-local politics. Donald Trump has stretched that assumption. Its incumbent Republican Senator and its incumbent Republican Governor will almost certainly win in landslides even in a bad year for Republicans in the US as a whole.  

This election may prove that a Republican can lose the statewide vote in Utah.

I wonder why the mormons hate him so much?  Is it because he trash talked Mitt, or is there some Trump/mormon feud going back to the 80s?

At any rate, there's nothing suspicious about him campaigning there.  Cruz is campaigning in Arizona even though he has no chance to win it.

Let a Mormon speak on that if it is about culture. I am not a Mormon, so I can only look at statistical evidence and behavior.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies