Sanders not running out of money: He's on track to raise 50-60 Mio. $ in March (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:17:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders not running out of money: He's on track to raise 50-60 Mio. $ in March (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanders not running out of money: He's on track to raise 50-60 Mio. $ in March  (Read 3855 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: March 19, 2016, 12:00:39 PM »

The irony of the Sanders campaign is that they're disproving their core argument of billionaires buying elections. I've always felt that party primaries/caucuses should be closed to those who are paid-up members of the state party, because I feel that people should be willing to back up their words with their hard-earned money. Sanders has shown that if enough people do that, they can buy their elections back from the capitalist class.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 09:45:57 PM »

Don't forget he has almost the entire establishment party against him. He has no Senators and six representatives behind him. His wins are impressive, if you ask me.

Yeah, it's astonishing how the Democratic party establishment refuses to support for President a guy who isn't a Democrat and who accuses them of being beholden to the moneyed interests.

Oh for God sakes he has always caucused with the Democrats. This attack is getting old.
Nobody said he wasn't an ally of the Democrats. It's not exactly an attack to make a factual statement that the D establishment has reason not to be enthusiastic about Sanders' candidacy. The insiders are the ones who built the party, which may be corrupt, but building it requires exhausting, sometimes ego-bruising work. Some insiders don't like that a guy walks into the party apparatus they built and runs a campaign free of their own burdens. I'm sure some insiders secretly prefer Sanders' platform, but endorsements aren't secret ballots, and you can't just do whatever you want.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies