High-energy attack ad compares Trump to Hitler
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:17:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  High-energy attack ad compares Trump to Hitler
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: High-energy attack ad compares Trump to Hitler  (Read 3457 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 19, 2016, 10:17:19 PM »
« edited: April 24, 2016, 06:28:15 PM by President Griffin »

I don't think this has been posted yet: if so, my apologies. The ad is titled "Heil Trump":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M6FXuFPayY

You must be logged in to read this quote.

They're apparently trying to raise $10,000 to air it...somewhere. It says "nationwide" but obviously that kind of budget doesn't go anywhere. The group appears to be some sort of crowdsourcing PAC project that lets people submit their own projects and people can choose to fund which ones they want. It probably won't be successful, but meh. Too bad all of these moneyed SuperPACs aren't willing to be so HIGH-ENERGY!

Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 10:26:02 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2016, 10:29:10 PM by Ronnie »

High energy indeed!  Even if it doesn't hit the airwaves, I could see it going viral fairly soon.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 10:28:38 PM »

Great ad! Hopefully they can find some shady billionaires to bankroll it.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 10:31:46 PM »

I was very skeptical of the concept, but watching the ad... damn that's powerful.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 10:46:23 PM »

Yeah... the problems with these types of comparisons are that plenty of other politicians have spoken of things that Hitler also spoke about (I mean, hell, the idea of America being in a decline that needs to be reversed has been the crux of GOP rhetoric for the last 8 years), that plenty of these things are not bad in of themselves (who objects to making their country 'great', or to 'winning'?) and, of couse, that several of the comparisons, such as between barring the entry of Muslims to the United States and annihilating the Jewish race, simply do not fit together neatly.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 11:23:45 PM »

Very powerful advertisement. Hope a lot of people see this before election day.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 11:42:06 PM »

I was very skeptical of the concept, but watching the ad... damn that's powerful.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 11:47:57 PM »

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 11:50:06 PM »

and, of couse, that several of the comparisons, such as between barring the entry of Muslims to the United States and annihilating the Jewish race, simply do not fit together neatly.
Except that Hitler's original plan was not to kill the Jews, but to deport them.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 11:52:53 PM »

This ad is total massacre.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2016, 12:07:53 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2016, 12:11:22 AM by Lyin' Steve »

This is so f**king stupid.
So any politician who says "our nation has problems, I'm going to fix them, and the country will be great again!" is Hitler?  Or is it just the ones we don't like?
The parts where Hitler says things specifically about the jews are the parts that least correlate with Trump.  "I'm going to open up our libel laws so we can sue the press when they lie" = "we will shut their dirty, lying jew mouths"?  Seriously?
People didn't vote for this because it was a good ad.  They voted for it because they are angry Trump is winning and want to insult him as badly as possible, regardless of whether the insult makes sense.  I should go make an ad saying Trump moonlights as a gay street hooker, maybe they'd give me $10,000.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 12:11:55 AM »

So any politician who says "our nation has problems, I'm going to fix them, and the country will be great again!" is Hitler?
The parts where Hitler says things specifically about the jews are the parts that least correlate with Trump.  "I'm going to open up our libel laws so we can sue the press when they lie" = "we will shut their dirty, lying jew mouths"?  Seriously?

Maybe they couldn't find a Nazi rant that didn't say Jewish press. Without the jew part, it is similar. They both want/wanted to silence the media when it doesn't favor them.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2016, 12:15:43 AM »

It's definitely high energy, but Jesus Christ, is this what the fall is going to look like? My TV is going to be plastered with Hitler footage?
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2016, 12:21:36 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2016, 12:23:15 AM by Ronnie »

It's definitely high energy, but Jesus Christ, is this what the fall is going to look like? My TV is going to be plastered with Hitler footage?

You better believe it.

It might even happen sooner than then, if Republicans think it's the only chance they'd have to take him down.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2016, 12:24:36 AM »

Yep.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 12:25:54 AM »

Very, very high energy !!
Perfect !

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 12:26:06 AM »

I have to wonder, if there was a historical figure who somehow had a worse reputation than Hitler if suddenly people could find all sorts of comparisons with Trump.

"Trump's deportation policy is Torquemada's Alhambra Decree all over again!"
"Elect Trump and he will literally fiddle while Rome burns!"
"Genghis Khan remarried several times as well. Coincidence?"
"Trump supporters are basically the Oprichniki 2.0, amirite?"
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 12:30:21 AM »

A home-made sign from a recent protest against little-hands trump ....

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 12:49:16 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2016, 12:52:41 AM by President Griffin »

So any politician who says "our nation has problems, I'm going to fix them, and the country will be great again!" is Hitler?
The parts where Hitler says things specifically about the jews are the parts that least correlate with Trump.  "I'm going to open up our libel laws so we can sue the press when they lie" = "we will shut their dirty, lying jew mouths"?  Seriously?

Maybe they couldn't find a Nazi rant that didn't say Jewish press. Without the jew part, it is similar. They both want/wanted to silence the media when it doesn't favor them.

Yeah, if detractors are having to break the ad apart because the specific types of people being targeted are different and *not* because the broader claims/actions are substantially different, then that just proves the point that the video is making.

"Hitler wanted to shut the 'Jewish press' up - TRUMP wants to shut the press up irrespective of its Judaism or the lack thereof! Checkmate, lieberals"
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 01:07:32 AM »

Weak ad. Also misleading. Only those who already claim that TRUMP = Hitler are going to be happy about the ad. The others are going to be disgusted. The ad will backfire.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2016, 01:16:30 AM »

Holy sh*t.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2016, 01:26:49 AM »

Oh wow.
I just noticed the swastika in this unique "T" Trump symbol.

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2016, 01:37:32 AM »

This is the new normal.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2016, 01:45:21 AM »

To be a reddit sperg for a second:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2016, 01:58:59 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2016, 02:04:14 AM by Lyin' Steve »

Yeah, if detractors are having to break the ad apart because the specific types of people being targeted are different and *not* because the broader claims/actions are substantially different, then that just proves the point that the video is making.

"Hitler wanted to shut the 'Jewish press' up - TRUMP wants to shut the press up irrespective of its Judaism or the lack thereof! Checkmate, lieberals"

But Trump doesn't want to shut the press up, he just wants to be able to sue media outlets when they report that he said "I want to make America white again!"
And come on... they didn't pick the clip of Goebbels yelling about jews on accident.  I'd bet anything that in 2009 y'all were furious at all the anti-Obamacare ads that used pictures of Lenin and Castro and Mao and quotes that loosely sounded the same as what Obama was saying about Obamacare and pictures of USSR flags.  I was too.  The only difference is that I'm consistent, anytime this kind of idiocy happens I am against it.  You lot are for it when it's anti-Trump and against it when it's anti-Obama.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies