Trump Fights Summer Trial in Trump University Lawsuit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:35:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump Fights Summer Trial in Trump University Lawsuit
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump Fights Summer Trial in Trump University Lawsuit  (Read 644 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 20, 2016, 10:58:31 AM »

Trump fights summer trial in Trump University lawsuit

By JOSH GERSTEIN 03/19/16 12:50 PM EDT

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2016/03/donald-trump-university-lawsuit-summer-220989#ixzz43SXDSaOy
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 01:30:28 PM »

Here is a good CNN video and article, which summarizes the Trump University scam.
If you are interested, check out this link:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/27/news/trump-university/index.html
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 01:46:20 PM »

I actually agree with him here.  The trial should be after the election.

Why though? If he is guilty in this, don't the people have a right to know that before the election? Everyone seems to think it's important that Hillary be held accountable beforehand, so why not Trump?
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 01:58:14 PM »

Why though? If he is guilty in this, don't the people have a right to know that before the election? Everyone seems to think it's important that Hillary be held accountable beforehand, so why not Trump?

Exactly. If Hillary has to face the music during her campaign, so should Trump.
skoods
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 02:00:50 PM »

If it's a jury trial, it will be biased by jurors who secretly want to swing the election one way or another.  BTW this is why congress impeaches and convicts the president rather than a citizen jury, so the politics of the trial is all out in the open for the people to approve (1868) or disapprove (1998) of.

Soooo when the trial takes place after he's elected and he's convicted, we have a felonious president who defrauded his citizens. FANTASTIC!!!!

Anyone who votes for or supports this clown is dumber than rocks.
Axel Foley
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 02:04:23 PM »

Americans need to know everything about their candidates.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 02:12:55 PM »

If it's a jury trial, it will be biased by jurors who secretly want to swing the election one way or another.  BTW this is why congress impeaches and convicts the president rather than a citizen jury, so the politics of the trial is all out in the open for the people to approve (1868) or disapprove (1998) of.

Ah, well that is a fair point.

However, I stand by my assertion that it's not fair he gets to punt his legal troubles until after the election. The concerns you stated are very legitimate but regardless this still seems wrong. Not sure how else to remedy it, though.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 02:34:49 PM »

Of course.  But look on the bright side.  If he actually did get removed from office for fraud prior to 2018, the midterm would basically be the best thing that ever happened to the Democratic Party since FDR.

Yeah, just ask Republicans how great the 1998 midterm was for them with all those Clinton scandals.

Because getting a blowjob is exactly the same as running a scam university to fleece young people from their savings.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 02:52:42 PM »

Then Trump can request a bench trial. I doubt the judge will object.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 07:05:54 PM »

Then Trump can request a bench trial. I doubt the judge will object.

Actually in a civil case the right to demand jury by trial belongs to either party, and the plaintiffs surely will.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies