2008 Election Game: GAMEPLAY THREAD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:21:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election Game: GAMEPLAY THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 2008 Election Game: GAMEPLAY THREAD  (Read 4018 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 21, 2016, 12:37:37 AM »
« edited: March 30, 2016, 09:16:06 AM by Lt. Governor Smith (Labor-MA) »

Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for the first turn of this game!

What you will have to do in your first turn:

1. Announce your candidacy. It can be something as simple as a few sentences in an interview, or something as complex as a multiple-page announcement speech. All that matters is that you make it clear that you're running for president.
2. Post your campaign schedule for the week of November 5-11, 2007.
3. Each candidate can choose one state to poll; I will privately message them the poll results. Note that national polls and polls for upcoming states will be posted on this thread for all to see.
4. Private message me to request endorsements. I'll approve them for the most part, unless they don't make sense; Barack Obama can't get an endorsement from Sam Brownback, for example.
5. I will create news stories using a random number generator; as usual, 1-5 = negative news for a candidate, 46-50 = positive news for a candidate, 6-45 = no impact.
6. Rules for the general election will be announced about halfway through the primaries, or whenever both nominees are obvious.

Candidate list:

Democrats:

Tammy Suzanne Green Baldwin, US Representative from Wisconsin's second congressional district (Haslam2020)
Birch Evans Bayh III, Senator from Indiana (LongLiveRock)
Lyndon Hermyle LaRouche Jr, political activist (beaver2.0)
Barack Hussein Obama II, Senator from Illinois (NewYorkExpress)
Donald John Trump, businessman and CEO (Spiral)

Republicans:

Newton Leroy McPherson Gingrich, former Speaker of the US House (Lumine)
Rudolph William Louis Giuliani, former Mayor of New York City (1184AZ)
Michael Dale Huckabee, former Governor of Arkansas (Maxwell)
Ronald Ernest Paul, US representative from Texas' 14th congressional district (Enduro)
Marshall Clement Sanford Jr, Governor of South Carolina (Stm85)

George Elmer Pataki, former Governor of New York (Battenberg)
Bill Owens, former Governor of Colorado (Potus2036)
Timothy James Pawlenty, Governor of Minnesota (NeverAgain)
Kay Bailey Hutchison, Senator from Texas (Del Tachi)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 10:37:22 AM »
« Edited: March 24, 2016, 01:23:12 PM by Southeast Speaker Haslam2020 »

Tammy Baldwin announcing her presidential candidacy in Madison, Wisconsin.

"Hello Madison! It's so great to be here, this was my home town. I'm not here for just a normal visit, though. Our country is in shambles because of the Bush war-mongering, the Bush-spying, the Bush-everything. We had our future stolen from us in 2000... And I'm going to make sure that it isn't stolen from us again next November. I'll get back to that topic though. I've been in politics since 1993, trust me, I know these scare tactics. He is going to war for profits! That shouldn't be the reason we lose thousands of soldiers overseas, but Bush has flopped on more than just Iraq! Restricting a woman's right to choose, restricting same sex marriage. Though as many of you know, I am a lesbian and I'm hearing these right wing fanatics discriminate against us. They view us as weirdos but LOVE IS LOVE. We also have to make sure our education system is working, right now it isn't. We need equal pay for everyone regardless of gender, sexuality, race,  political views, etc...  Now is the time to rise. I wish to lead that rise, because I believe I can win. I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States!!!

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 11:13:54 AM »

Newt 08': A New Contract with America

Atlanta, GA, November 2007:
Citing the need for a "movement conservative" to lead fundamental change in the GOP, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich announced today his run for the presidency at a rally in his native Georgia.

(Excerpts)

Ladies and gentlemen, good day.

Ever since our defeat in the 2006 Midterms, there has been a good deal of soul searching inside the Republican Party. Having been in charge for six years, doubts arise for many of us on what we have accomplished, and whether we have reached success, leading many to consider the idea  that perhaps, just perhaps, we may have lost our way. But what none of us doubts is that in order to lead this party, and the nation, towards greatness, we need true, tested, bold leadership, leadership powered by the grassroots of this party that all too often feel neglected and ignored by Washington. That is why, today, I can indeed confirm I'm running for President of the United States. I believe now is the time to lead America into hope and opportunity, to full employment, to real security, to an American energy program, to a balanced budget, to the valyes we all share and cherish.

It is a common theme to see politicians that raise the hopes on their promises, only to have a less than effective performance in Washington, or wherever they are elected to serve. That has not, and will not be, the case with me. I served in the House of Representatives for almost two decades, working through the 1980's with President Ronald Reagan in the era in which jobs were created again after malaise, the era in which the Soviet Union disappeared for good. And through the 90's, I served as Speaker of the House, leading the way in reforming welfare, balancing our budget, controlling spending, cutting taxes, lowering unemployment, and achieving real reform and reduction of our bloated government. We stood our ground when we had to, and worked across the aisle when it was in the best interest of the country, and that is a record I'm proud of. And although I have a record in government, I am not a part of the establishment. I am not afraid to speak my mind, to criticize when I believe it to be necessary, to be critical when we have to face reality.

So today I stand before you to ask for your help. No single person will get everything done, but a strong movement can lead the way in finding the dramatic and bold solutions we need to prosper. Make no mistake, Republicans, real change requires real change, and our party needs to fight for needed change. We need to change the course in order to deal with the pressing issue of illegal immigration, we need to change the course to fight the War on Terror in a more effective way, we need to introduce sweepings reform on Health Care, we need to secure economic prosperity for our citizens, and be ambitious in our goals and thinking. Such is the impulse of reform. Across the world, we want America, and America's allies, to be safe. We want America's enemies to be defeated, and we need a national debate to establish the parameters for that kind of effective national strategy. We need to spend this year, and the next year, as conservatives and republicans and Americans to debate the issues we face, and move ahead in full force.

We owe it to our children, our grandchildren, our country and frankly to ourselves to do what needs to be done. We need to get together, look reality in the face, tell the truth, make the tough choices and get the job done. There's a much better American future ahead, my friends, and we can reach it by finding conservative solutions and forcing the change we need. So rise up, conservatives, and let us take the mantle of movement conservatism and Reagan conservatism into the primary, and all the way into Washington D.C!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 11:43:34 AM »

The Gingrich Campaign:

Media speculation prior to Gingrich's announcement

Campaign Team:

Campaign Manager: Michael Krull
Deputy Campaign Manager: Vince Haley

Senior Strategist: David Winston
Press Secretary: R.C. Hammond

Grassroots Outreach: Roberto José Coquis and José Mallea
Finance Director: Amy Pass
Communications Director: Joe DeSantis
Advertising Director: Lionel Sosa

Pollster: Kellyanne Conway
Spokesman: Rick Tyler

Running a national operation is never easy, and within the start it is evident that it will incredibly tough to run one for the Gingrich campaign, an effort that is bound to begin with very limited resources. Thus the Gingrich campaign has opted for a more “grassroots-focused” effort, focusing on the early caucuses (Iowa, Wyoming, Louisiana) and on having a decent organizational level on a couple of early primaries (South Carolina, Florida) in order to have a January springboard into Super-Tuesday, the assumption being that Speaker Gingrich would rely on a strong base through the South to lead in through a primary that is expected to be long given the high quality of the competition.

To achieve this, Speaker Gingrich has assembled a band of old loyalists, former members of Conservative Solutions and conservative activists and staffers to lead his focused campaign. Leadership belongs to old Conservative Solutions veterans Michael Krull (Campaign Manager) and Vince Haley (Deputy Campaign Manager), both having worked with Gingrich for a long time despite not having led nationwide campaigns before. Joining them to plan out the early game come veteran consultants David Winston (Senior Strategist) and rising stars Roberto José Coquis and José Mallea (grassroots organization). Handling the media the campaign has hired Rick Tyler (Spokesman) and the bombastic R.C. Hammond (Press Secretary), along with Joe DeSantis (Communications Director) and South Carolina ad expert Lionel Sosa (Advertising Director). Closing in, the campaign has also hired veteran poll expert Kellyanne Conway (Pollster) and Amy Pass (Finance Coordinator).

All in all, the Gingrich campaign expects to start out in the middle tier of candidates, and aims to rely on an unorthodox strategy of using debates, grassroots outreach and a good deal of engagement with the press and the online world to receive oxygen, in an attempt to replace an unattainable multimillion dollar operation. Whether such an effort will epically crash and burn within a few days or create an actual base for Speaker Gingrich remains to be seen.

______________________________________________________________________________________

OOC: All of the mentioned before were involved in the Gingrich 2012 Campaign one way or another, so I figured it wouldn't do harm to just claim them for fun (I rather like writing about campaign organization). I hope that's okay!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 11:55:09 AM »

Obama announces campaign for President!

Grant Park, Chicago, Illinois

I'm running for President of the United States because we have an obligation to fix the mess the incumbent has left us in. From an unwinnable crucible in Iraq, to a resounding failure to catch Osama Bin Laden, from insulting stalwart allies, to making enemies across the globe with his cowboy diplomacy George Bush has been a failure as President. He's been a disaster for our economy, allowing banks to profit with strategies last seen in the go-go years of the Reagan administration, and he's been divisive on domestic issues , pushing a narrow religious agenda through Congress, and the White House.

As President I will be receptive to the people, not the stuffy lobbyists in suits, I will end the war in Iraq with all due speed, and shift our focus to capturing Osama Bin Laden, and I will cajole Congress into immigration reform, updating and simplifying the tax code, and lobbying reform.

It won't be an easy journey for a freshman Senator to take, but I'm confident that with your support we can make it to the White House.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 01:30:56 PM »

Obama for President- Turn 1

November 5, 2007

Meet Voters in Greenville, Iowa

Meet Voters in Webb, Iowa

Rally in Spencer, Iowa

They said we'll never beat Hillary... well it looks like Hillary isn't running... they say we'll never beat Bayh. I have every belief we can if we just get fired up and head to the polls!

Meet voters in Lakeside, Iowa

Meet Voters in Newell, Iowa

November 6, 2007

Town Hall in Sac City, Iowa

Would I vote to convict President Bush if he came to trial in the Senate today? No, because he only has fourteen months  left to do damage to our country, and we don't want President Cheney anyways., who could be worse for eight years.

Meet Voters in Wall Lake, Iowa

Meet Voters in Melba, Idaho

Meet Voters in Parma, Idaho

November 7, 2007

Meet Voters in Latta, South Carolina

Rally in Dillon, South Carolina

We will bring home our troops from Iraq, and we will bring Osama Bin Laden to justice wherever he may be. We will clean up the dark stains of Bush administration on our world, and help peacefully rebuild the Iraqi government, from the darkness of insurgency. We will close Guantanamo Bay's prison complex, and end CIA torture sessions of detainees. And we will bring countries like Iran and Cuba from shadows into the light of more democratic behavior.

Meet Voters in Sellers, South Carolina

Rally in Payson, Utah

So, they told me there weren't any Democrats in Utah, huh? Well, you've proved me wrong today, and I'm grateful for your support. Tell your friends, your neighbors, all about me, please.

November 8, 2007

Meet Voters, Greenville, New Hampshire

Meet Voters, Weare, New Hampshire

Meet Voters, Lyndeborough, New Hampshire

Rally in Nashua, New Hampshire (Daniel Webster College)

Now how many of you have had trouble with the NCAA? Trust me, you guys deserve to be paid something for all the money the universities make off your sweat, tears and labor. It's a shame the sporting world doesn't see it that way...

Meet Voters at Hart's Location, New Hampshire

November 9, 2007

Meet Voters in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Swartz Creek, Michigan

Meet Voters in Lapeer, Michigan

Meet Voters in Clifford, Michigan

November 10, 2007

Meet Voters in West Burlington, Iowa

Meet Voters in Danville, Iowa

Meet Voters in Fredonia, Iowa

Meet Voters in Shueyville, Iowa

November 11, 2007

Town Hall in Childersburg, Alabama

I believe I can bring voters who would otherwise never dream of voting into the process, compared to Senator Bayh.

Meet Voters in Waldo, Alabama

Rally in DeLand, Florida

We are going to turn the sewage of the Bush Administration into sunshine, starting right here in Florida!

Meet Voters in Coleman, Florida

Meet Voters in Eureka, Nevada
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 01:58:39 PM »

Mike Huckabee Announcement Speech

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 02:09:12 PM »

When will the window for announcements close?
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 02:19:28 PM »

March 28 at the very, very latest, although I would much prefer if you sent it in beforehand.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 05:09:05 PM »

For what it's worth, both Stm (Sanford) and Del Tachi (Hutchison) have PMed me to request endorsements, so I'll decide whether or not to count them as announced soon.
Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 09:27:53 PM »

South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford Announces Presidential Bid

Columbia, SC, November 2007

"Good afternoon, folks. Let me get right to the reason we're all here today, and that is that I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States of America! I feel blessed to be able to serve the great state of South Carolina as its Governor, but I recognize that our nation fundamentally needs new leadership. For too long, Americans have been left behind by a Washington, D.C. that is working for special interests instead of We the People. Just as I have done as Governor, I vow that I will go to the White House and fight to enact common-sense conservative reforms that will reduce the burden on hard-working taxpayers all across the country. We will cut taxes, rein in wasteful spending, and balance the budget. In fact, I pledge to veto any budget that isn't balanced, and if you think I'm bluffing, ask around the State House, they'll let you know.

We're going to reduce the regulatory burden on small businesses so they can hire people again. And we're going to reform education and put parents back in charge instead of out-of-touch Washington bureaucrats. I will  only appoint judges that will defend the Second Amendment and the right to life of all Americans, born or unborn. And we will unapologetically say 'no' to the Democrats' plans to socialize the healthcare system. As conservatives, the things I'm talking about don't have to be a wishlist. Over the last five years, we have made them a reality in South Carolina. We have created jobs and made a real difference for the taxpayers of our state. And if I'm blessed enough to earn your vote, we can make these things a reality in all of America.

Before I was Governor, I spent six years serving the good people of South Carolina's 1st district as their Representative. Folks, let me tell you something: Washington is even worse than you think. While I was there I fought for small government, low taxes, and the sanctity of life. In order to be successful, I learned quickly that sometimes I would have to stand up to my own party. I voted against special favors and earmarks, even for my own district. Nobody in either party was too happy when I introduced a term limits bill. I didn't go to Congress to make friends; I went to do what I was elected to do. This is the mentality I will bring as your President.

We face a profound choice about what leadership our country needs. Will we choose a Washington politician who is more worried about about the next election than doing what they were elected to in the first place? Or will we choose a proven conservative leader who isn't afraid to stand up to either party or put his veto pen to use? Do we want a President that believes in growing our economy from the top down in Washington or one that will build the economy from the ground up in towns and cities all across America? That is what this election is about, and the choice we make will decide if we have a government that works for special interests or a government that works for the taxpayers. I call on all conservatives to join me in ensuring that the prosperity and freedom we enjoy is shared by all future generations in our country. Thank you, and God bless America!"
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 05:26:33 PM »

Lyndon LaRocuhe speech: "My fellow Americans, today we are at a crucial juncture in the history of this nation.  Our economy is in the gutter, and I tell you that we need better leadership.  This nation has been ruled by corporate pawns for years, and that cannot be allowed to continue.  Under the Bush and Clinton regimes, the British and their allies have infiltrated our government, in the guise of Wall Street.  I say no more!  That is why I announce my candidacy for t the Democratic nomination to President of the United States!  I promise to restore Americas greatness, end our ecnomic troubles, and create a new deal for all our citizens.  America can be great again.  Thank you."

This is followed by the establishment of four LaRouche 2008 offices in Iowa, two in New Hampshire, two in Virginia, and one in DC.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 07:16:23 PM »

BAYH ANNOUNCES 2008 PRESIDENTIAL RUN

Evan Bayh: Ladies and gentlemen of America, I bring you all here in the wonderful city of Indianapolis to tell you about what we need to do. For eight years we have suffered through the awful presidency of George W Bush. This has got to end! And that is why, I, Evan Bayh, am announcing my bid for PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!

For almost two decades I have served Indiana, both here in Indianapolis and in Washington. And I have long upheld liberal and centrist philosophies that will advance our country and transform us back into the leading global power! And, ladies and gentlemen, THAT is why I should be your next president. Thank you!

November 5: Barnstorm in New Hampshire

November 6: Barnstorm in New Hampshire, fly to Indiana

November 7: Rest/Debate prep

November 8: Fly to Iowa, hold rally in Des moines

November 9: Campaign in Sioux City and Dubuque

November 10: Fly to Nevada

November 11: Campaign in Las Vegas and suburbs
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2016, 07:43:27 PM »

Great job, guys. Only one day, and every Democratic candidate announced except Trump.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2016, 08:10:29 PM »

Lyndon LaRocuhe speech: "My fellow Americans, today we are at a crucial juncture in the history of this nation.  Our economy is in the gutter, and I tell you that we need better leadership.  This nation has been ruled by corporate pawns for years, and that cannot be allowed to continue.  Under the Bush and Clinton regimes, the British and their allies have infiltrated our government, in the guise of Wall Street.  I say no more!  That is why I announce my candidacy for t the Democratic nomination to President of the United States!  I promise to restore Americas greatness, end our ecnomic troubles, and create a new deal for all our citizens.  America can be great again.  Thank you."

This is followed by the establishment of four LaRouche 2008 offices in Iowa, two in New Hampshire, two in Virginia, and one in DC.

I actually have a book from Lyndon LaRouche (or his PAC) called Children of Satan.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 09:48:06 PM »

I've been really busy lately, but should have my announcement up tomorrow. How long is turn 1 going to be?
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 09:49:10 PM »

I've been really busy lately, but should have my announcement up tomorrow. How long is turn 1 going to be?

72 hours per turn, although an extension can be requested.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 05:49:09 PM »

bump
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2016, 05:22:01 AM »

I'm going to have to drop out as Pataki since I accidentally deleted my announcement speech (petty af i know).
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2016, 01:18:22 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2016, 01:29:55 PM by Southeast Speaker Haslam2020 »

Tammy Baldwin for President Campaign Schedule:

November 5th:

Town Hall in Fort Madison, Iowa
Town Hall in Keokuk, Iowa
Town Hall in Burlington, Iowa
Town Hall in Wapello, Iowa

November 6th:

Town Hall in Muscatine, Iowa
Rally in Des Moines, Iowa
Rally in Ames, Iowa
Fly to New Hampshire

November 7th:

Rally in Concord, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Franklin, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Andover, New Hampshire
Town Halll in Manchester, New Hampshire

November 8th:

Town Hall in Nashua, New Hampshire
Fly to Vermont
Rally in Burlington, Vermont
Town Hall in Guildhall, Vermont
Fly to Iowa

November 9th:

Rally in Des Moines, Iowa
Rally in Ames, Iowa
Rally in Sioux City, Iowa
Town Hall in Clinton, Iowa

November 10th:
Fly to Washington
Rally in Spokane, Washington
Rally in Seattle, Washington
Fly to Wisconsin

November 11th:

Rally in Madison, Wisconsin
Rally in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Rest

New Ad: Experience

"Hello, my fellow Americans. Right now we are at a crossroads. Our current president has gotten us into an illegal war, trillions of dollars in debt, and he is invading our privacy without the slightest remorse. I have experience in the Congress, I've had it since the 90's and I've gotten along with everyone. There needs to be bipartisanship in Washington to get us out of this mess.

"I'm Tammy Baldwin and I approve this message."

To Air in:

Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2016, 07:53:57 PM »

There is no question about it, no candidate represents Liberty the way I do, I'm running for president." Ron Paul.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2016, 12:37:12 PM »

Rudy Giuliani for President

Today I am officially Kicking off my Presidential Campaign. Today America is at a crossroads,we are facing a sluggish economy, we are currently involved in a complex war in Iraq. We are facing a nation divided over important and complex issues like SSM, Abortion, Gun Control and Immigration.

We need to continue are War against Terror, we can not give up at this juncture, after all the hard work that we have already invested. We are close to winning this war, if we pull out now, we risk leaving Iraq and the rest of the Middle East in Chaos.

We need to reform are Tax code, remove red tape to ensure local business has a chance to not only succeed but prosper. I plan to abolish the Estate tax if elected, while lowering taxes on small businesses.

I consider myself Pro-choice, however  I do not consider myself a RINO, as a county we should not make one issue define are political identity.

Thanks
God Bless America
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2016, 01:07:10 PM »

Rudy Giuliani for President November 5th-11th
(all times in EST)

Nov5th
11 am-NYC Campaign Kickoff
5-8PM-TownHall Meeting and Dinner/Fundraiser Concord NH

Nov 6th
9-11 am Town Hall-Manchester NH
3-5PM Town Hall Newport NH
Fly to Detroit MI

Nov 7th
9-11 am Town Hall Detroit Michigan
1-3 PM Town Hall Lansing Michigan
Fly to Des Moines Iowa

Nov 8th
10 am Rally Des Moines
2-4 PM Town Hall Cedar Rapids
5-7Pm Town Hall Iowa City
Fly to Las Vegas Nevada

Nov 9th
11am Rally Las Vegas
3-5 Pm Town Hall Reno
Fly to Cheyenne Wyoming

Nov 10th
10-12 am Town Hall Cheyenne
Fly to NH
5-7PM Town Hall Conway NH

Nov 11
Town Hall 12-2PM Farmington NH
Town Hall 4-5 PM GoffsTown NH
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2016, 07:45:24 PM »

Mike Huckabee Schedule - November 5th-11th

"The biggest moral question we face in this nation is the question of life. I am pro-life, and believe that every life is precious. I am anti-abortion and so are many of my fellow Republicans, but I believe, as policy makers, we have not done a good job demonstrating that, we care about life beyond the womb. I will make it more clear that the Republican Party is pro-life from beginning to the very end."

November 5th, 2007
Town Hall in Sioux City, Iowa
Town Hall in Sioux City, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Sheldon, Iowa

November 6th, 2007
Meet and Greet in Cherokee, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Spirit Lake, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Algona, Iowa

November 7th, 2007
Appearance on Fox News to talk about candidacy
Meet and Greet in Estherville, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Clear Lake, Iowa

"That's just wrong, Chris. The fact is, I cut taxes 94 times as Governor of Arkansas. The times I didn't were times I helped develop our education system, build our roads, and those are things I will never apologize for. As President, I will fight for the Fair Tax, that will shrink the tax code, shrink the tax burden on ordinary Americans, and allow for growth in our economy. The tax code won't be fixed with a tinker here and a tinker there, we need to use a two by four and clear it out. That is my commitment to tax reform."

November 8th, 2007
Town Hall in Mason City, Iowa
Town Hall in Charles City, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Cedar Falls, Iowa

November 9th, 2007
Meet and Greet in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Town Hall in Waterloo, Iowa
Town Hall in Waterloo, Iowa

"It's no secret my campaign is determined and focused to win Iowa - this is one place where retail politics will never die. I like this state so much that we are going to visit all 99 counties of Iowa - because I believe the people of the nation, but particularly this state, should get to know me, know my values, and I want to get to know yours so I can be a better public servant. As Governor of Arkansas, I hosted hundreds of town halls to get to know the concerns of the people, so this isn't anything new to me. Like some of you, I picked up my values from a small town. It is a small town with a famous name though - Hope. All I'm asking for in this election is please - give us another chance. *chuckles from the audience*"

November 10th, 2007
Barnstorming in Dubuque, Iowa
Town Hall in Dubuque, Iowa
Town Hall in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

November 11th, 2007
Meet and Greet in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Town Hall in Iowa City, Iowa
Town Hall in Davenport, Iowa
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2016, 08:33:05 PM »

I just realized I forgot the schedule after the announcement/campaign, I'll post it in a couple of hours!
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies