Explosion at Brussels Airport (Update: also at Molenbeek metro station) 34 dead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:20:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Explosion at Brussels Airport (Update: also at Molenbeek metro station) 34 dead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Explosion at Brussels Airport (Update: also at Molenbeek metro station) 34 dead  (Read 9737 times)
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2016, 10:55:43 AM »

1. Don't assume this is an Islamic act of terror.
2. It is. But let's not be disproportionate as that's what terrorists want.
3. Start a hashtag. Change Facebook picture.
4. We will not be defeated.
5. If reactionary left go to 6. If reactionary right go to 7.
6. Muslims are in many ways the real victims here. Media don't report terror in Islamic nations. Think of the refugees. US foreign policy. Israel.
7. MUSLIMS!!! Merkel, Schengen, migrants.
8. Arrests.
9. 'But he was a really quiet kid', 'Must have been brainwashed', 'Family stunned '
10. A week after the events the town is starting to move on...

Repeat
You're forgetting the conspiracy guys...
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2016, 10:57:24 AM »

given that by far most domestic Islamic terrorists are homegrown nationals, how the  would stopping refugees help?
Yeah ya dummies.  Sure Europe couldn't assimilate the first bunch, but maybe they'll get it right this time.  Anything is possible, what's the harm in trying?   

oh, yeah

Yeah I'm still stunned you aren't a Trump supporter.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2016, 10:59:56 AM »

I'm sorry I don't fit your preconceived notions as to what I should be, but the world just doesn't work like that.  You should know this by now, aren't you like 25?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2016, 11:21:54 AM »

Belgian king Filip will make a speech at 7PM tonight.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2016, 11:56:51 AM »

Well, it's like the school shootings over here. I'm afraid Islamic terror is now a commonplace thing in Europe, and no one knows what to do about it.

RIP and F these reactionary assholes who did this.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2016, 12:54:13 PM »

Shooting at Amsterdam Central Station, a few minutes ago. 1 person arrested.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2016, 01:11:52 PM »

The Paris attacker's capture probably sped this up.

Stop these monsters.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2016, 01:28:59 PM »

RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2016, 01:54:54 PM »

I know the right want Islam and  Muslims banned. We cannot and should not do such a stand. By all means, take a hard stance against ISIL. Take them out. Avoid collateral damage. Do not destroy their families. Do not do to Muslims what FDR did to the Japanese.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2016, 05:15:48 PM »

I know the right want Islam and  Muslims banned. We cannot and should not do such a stand. By all means, take a hard stance against ISIL. Take them out. Avoid collateral damage. Do not destroy their families. Do not do to Muslims what FDR did to the Japanese.
Literally nobody on the right wants to actually ban Islam/exile Muslims here. But there obviously is a case to be made for the closure of our borders right now. These terrorists are more dangerous because they are not refugees. They are homegrown. They should, under ideal circumstances, be assimilated. Yet they aren't. The refugees might not be an immediate threat, but as Paris proves, their children very well can be.

Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2016, 05:29:07 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2016, 05:32:34 PM by Benwah [why on Earth do I post something] Courseyay »

Just, it's Maelbeek metro station, 'European district'.

Molenbeek is that fancy part of Bruxelles, where people who enjoy doing such stuffs like to gather together, not really the same part of the city to say the least...

Maybe we can sum it to 'Bruxelles attacks'.

The 'Brussels attacks' already seem to be on here ande there, but Bruxelles being 85% Francophone, I go by this spelling.

Bordel, thankfully beauty is still ranked high enough...

Bruxelles ma belle, thats a good one, amazing I never heard on the radio so far today...

And, about the compliments that I saw toward Belgian forces and services a few posts above, they had already unbunked several serious terror cells, heard about Verviers sometimes just for one? And when it came to catch the last big fish, they managed to have him alive, which is something which seems almost impossible for any French forces.

Almost as many wounded than in Paris.

Ah and, crazy how, in most if not all debates, and so far there's been almost as much as there's been in November/January here, Belgium, and overall Bruxelles, being culturally, and even 'affectionally', very close to France, most people always quite well identify what turned wrong with those young guys that are my age and grew in the same country or very close to mine.

The problematic, is still, so f**king still, obviously the fact that the dominating/white/christian/whatever been used to split part of the population regularly slapped those kids, their parents, their grand-parents, and overslapped the further generations when our proud ancesters enjoyed the kinky taste of conquest and exploitation all over the world.

The so fancy and proud values our countries have been and are so keen and proud at putting forth that they attack exactly are the values they and their families have been regularly deprived from by exactly our societies.

Everything is so f**king logical then, isn't it?

This is not a f**king excuse to blast cities, but that eventually might be a f**king explanation that maybe one day those super wonderlands in which we live will have to deal with...for real.

And that's here that the debates become the most silly, because that is quite well identified and aknowledged by a good deal of people and even kinda became the 'official dominating paradigm'.

But, in the end, when people try to 'find answers' to this, they always go, again and again and again and again, along with 'such or such policies are bad, we need such or such policies and blhablhablhablhablhablhalhbalh'.

This doesn't go anywhere, and the fact that people only stay on such easy answer in order to better get rid of their personal guilt, which in the end doesn't give any positive result, disqualifies the preceding historical, and sociological, not to say even anthropological, analysis, and in the end it would in big part be what makes those so f**king proud new so called 'fascism' going on and on and on and on...

It's not f**king policies that are needed, it's the mind of the f**king dominating people that has to...only...accept those people as 'normal humans'.

It's not politics that changes the mind of people, I might be totally silly but I tend to think it's the opposite, the mind of people change their society, thus politics.

Then, eventually, the future kids won't turn as bad.

But for those guys, yeah, that gonna be hard to suddenly change their mind to make them bow to our wonderland, they fully built themselves against us for a while now apparently and they've become the receptacle of...centuries of...'things'.

Seen those young bearded that proudly screwed the Sykes-Picot line between Syria and Iraq?

Where does this f**king come from?

Just for one thing amongst others...

It's so f**king insane that we were in the same playground, and already there, at least at the beginnining of adolescence, the split and hatred already was there, I lived it, in the different parts of France in which I lived, always the same split and defiance.

In the end, most of people who grew in the 'bad part of the population' remain 'normal', take distance, go on, and hope in a better future, but maybe we shouldn't find so f**king amazing that amongst all those people, some turn crazy and become kinda...reactive.

In general a cause leads to consequences.

And people continue to at worst put the blame on the fact that those people are just 'different', at best they put the blame on politics that took bad decision.

Why being nice and having empathy for some societies that haven't been nice and hadn't empathy to you and your preceding generations?

Nobody taking his f**king responsibility...

2 hours of debates on France Inter, very interesting things being said, far more by Belgians than by French, and no one about the responsibility of each people that is part of the society.

So, this, what I can read here, I don't know if anybody cares, but I apparently kinda felt the need to...react.

Apparently several heads of state, at least Hollande, the Sweddish PM immediately reacted like that too, say that this is an attack against Europe, f**k, why nobody wanna respect Belgium as a country!

Even IS say the attack was against 'The Crusader Belgium'.

But Belgium use to be nice anyhow and doesn't take it bad...

F**k, F**k, it's so f**king good, we're all Europeans!

What would the Francophone songs would be without Belgians...

Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2016, 05:29:42 PM »

Literally nobody on the right wants to actually ban Islam/exile Muslims here. But there obviously is a case to be made for the closure of our borders right now. These terrorists are more dangerous because they are not refugees. They are homegrown. They should, under ideal circumstances, be assimilated. Yet they aren't. The refugees might not be an immediate threat, but as Paris proves, their children very well can be.

What do you mean by 'assimilated'?
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2016, 05:43:41 PM »

given that by far most domestic Islamic terrorists are homegrown nationals, how the  would stopping refugees help?

The first thing you do when you give first aid, is to stop the accident. We can't do much about the fact that these children of the last generations Muslim refugees and immigrants want to murder, rape and enslave us all, but we ensure that we limit the problems for the next generation.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2016, 05:53:20 PM »

Time to move to Poland or Hungary.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2016, 06:17:32 PM »

please do Smiley
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2016, 06:32:22 PM »

Welp, I guess its not good idea to move to Poland when you only consider lack of terrorist attacks danger.
1. World Youth Day 2016 will be organised in Poland, His Holiness Francis will be there for few days.
2. NATO summit in Warsaw, Barry Obama will come himself.
3. PiS is currently doing purges inside the army, police, security services (we still have no Chief Commandant of Police and PiS as they follow staunch anti-communism more than 20 years after collapse of "communist" state they mainly focus on the most experienced people only because they worked before 1989) which does not really help. We still have no any legislative act on anti-terrorism (although it is ready, but govt wanted to make it 100% solid - now I guess they will change their mind) and I highly doubt that security services control anything.

I highly recommend you to avoid Warsaw and Kraków in July.
sportydude

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2016, 06:21:50 AM »

American Mormon Mason Wells (19) Survives Attack in Brussels, His Third Brush With Terrorism

He was also a live witness of the bombings during the Boston Marathon, which was attended by his mother, and he was living in Paris during the November 13 Paris attacks due to a Mormon mission.

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2016, 08:54:44 AM »

Fyck nihilist death cults.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2016, 01:04:32 PM »

Welp, I guess its not good idea to move to Poland when you only consider lack of terrorist attacks danger.
1. World Youth Day 2016 will be organised in Poland, His Holiness Francis will be there for few days.
3. PiS is currently doing purges inside the army, police, security services (we still have no Chief Commandant of Police and PiS as they follow staunch anti-communism more than 20 years after collapse of "communist" state they mainly focus on the most experienced people only because they worked before 1989) which does not really help. We still have no any legislative act on anti-terrorism (although it is ready, but govt wanted to make it 100% solid - now I guess they will change their mind) and I highly doubt that security services control anything.

The point is obviously that Poland has been less "enriched" than Western Europe.
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2016, 01:46:30 PM »

The point is obviously that Poland has been less "enriched" than Western Europe.

But we have Chechen refugees, and unfortunately there are a lot of Chechen (generally Chechen, not Polish Chechen) fighters who joined ranks of Daesh - so there is SOME danger that there is some infiltration by ISIS of maybe not that big, but still, Polish Chechen refugees community. Previous year there were some news that services found ISIS fundraising cell in Poland run by some guys from Chechnya. So there is minor chance that there is some threat made by non-Polish population.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2016, 04:33:06 PM »

They aren't nihilist. The very fact they are for something so powerful that it consumes them is testament to that. They are more accurately sociopathic in nature. Unfortunately 'non sociopathic' ways of combatting this is probably doomed to fail. We might have to lose a sense of our selves (as we  did when confronting outright fascism) in order to eradicate the problem.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2016, 05:56:42 PM »

Didn't intend to make an argument here.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2016, 05:57:44 PM »

Just impotently (and impolitely) trying to stifle his speech?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2016, 06:01:11 PM »

I don't give a f**k about his speech.

I also give a f**K what you think about it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2016, 06:19:37 PM »

I don't give a f**k about his speech.

I also give a f**K what you think about it.
You obviously give enough of a fuck to respond to it, so yeah, it'd say you do give a fuck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies