Republican Wild Western Tuesday results thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:33:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican Wild Western Tuesday results thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Author Topic: Republican Wild Western Tuesday results thread  (Read 26195 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 22, 2016, 02:31:53 AM »

Overview of all results: http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president

American Samoa convention
No idea what time this takes place???

American Samoa GOP Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Republican-Party-of-American-Samoa-1449239515382401/

Erc’s description of the process:

"The delegates from American Samoa are chosen in such a way so that they best reflect the presidential preference of the Caucus/Convention participants."  This doesn't really mean anything in practice; note that there is no presidential preference poll, to my knowledge, so the delegates are not required to be bound by RNC rules.

The delegates "may be instructed by resolution of the body which elected them as to the disposition of their vote on any business before the National Convention." This presumably includes their vote for a nominee; whether such instruction is binding is unclear.

The American Samoa GOP has clarified on Facebook that the delegation will be unpledged (thanks to cinyc for the tip).

Arizona primary
Polls close at 7pm local time, which is 10pm ET.

CNN: http://edition.cnn.com/election/primaries/states/az/Rep
NYT: http://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/primaries/arizona

Utah caucuses
In-person caucuses run from 7-9pm local time, which is 9-11pm ET.  However, there is also online voting which runs from 7am - 11pm local time, which is 9am - 1am ET.  I would guess they won’t release any results until the online voting is over, but I have no idea.

Utah GOP:
http://utah.gop/event/neighborhood-caucus/
https://ivotingcenter.us/utgop2016/

CNN: http://edition.cnn.com/election/primaries/states/ut/Rep
NYT: http://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/primaries/utah

Edison Research page shows that there will be no exit polling for any of these states:

http://www.edisonresearch.com/2016-exit-poll-coverage/

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 02:34:05 AM »

I'll post the Dem. results thread a little later.  I just wanted to make sure I got this one up, because I don't know when/if we'll get something out of American Samoa.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 08:10:06 AM »

Online voting has begun in Utah, and polls are now open in Arizona as well.  Pics from Arizona:

Seriously?
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 08:30:07 AM »

In 2012, American Samoa held their "convention" at a restaurant. In any event, we'll hear from American Samoa last, as it straddles the International Date Line.

Ironically, Western Samoa (now just Samoa) is on the other side of the date line. Even though the capitals of the two countries are separated by about 78 miles. It's 2:30 am on Tuesday in American Samoa right now, while it's 3:30 am on Wednesday on Samoa. Wild.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 08:42:33 AM »

Just a reminder: Utah was never a part of the Wild West. Think of the last Western flick that you saw set in Utah. Filmed in Utah? Maybe. Nice scenery. The usual elements of Western violence (cattle-trail ends, gold mining areas) weren't to be found in Utah.   
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 09:21:43 AM »

In 2012, American Samoa held their "convention" at a restaurant. In any event, we'll hear from American Samoa last, as it straddles the International Date Line.

Yeah, I got mixed up on this because I thought it was on the other side of the date line.  I was expecting we'd already have results, but now I guess results might be nearly 24 hours away.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 09:29:39 AM »

Just a reminder: Utah was never a part of the Wild West. Think of the last Western flick that you saw set in Utah. Filmed in Utah? Maybe. Nice scenery. The usual elements of Western violence (cattle-trail ends, gold mining areas) weren't to be found in Utah.   

Riders of the Purple Sage is set in Utah. Spooky scary Mormons are or used to be a Western genre convention all their own.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 10:47:16 AM »

Is online voting really a good idea? That seems pretty susceptible to shenanigans.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 10:51:58 AM »

Mountain Meadow Massacre

Who needs typical when the atypical will do.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 12:10:43 PM »

Riders of the Purple Sage is set in Utah. Spooky scary Mormons are or used to be a Western genre convention all their own.

Billy the Kid is also from Utah.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 12:31:29 PM »

Billy the Kid is also from Utah.

Billy the Kid is primarily associated with New Mexico.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 02:04:53 PM »

I can't vote in the AZ primaries, because I'm technically still living in Colorado. Won't be in AZ until June unfortunately.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 02:46:04 PM »

I can't vote in the AZ primaries, because I'm technically still living in Colorado. Won't be in AZ until June unfortunately.
Colorado will be super important too!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2016, 02:53:18 PM »

Colorado isn't doing a presidential preference vote.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2016, 02:55:09 PM »

So, Arizona will be interesting, since they won't have an exit poll they wont be able to call it quickly. But there is no doubt that Trump will win her easily, unless Cruz massive outperforms his poll numbers. I bet Cruz goes over 50% in Utah with Kasich around 22-25%
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 03:04:00 PM »

Will CNN still have coverage or will they be covering Belgium all night?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 03:06:02 PM »

So, Arizona will be interesting, since they won't have an exit poll they wont be able to call it quickly. But there is no doubt that Trump will win her easily, unless Cruz massive outperforms his poll numbers. I bet Cruz goes over 50% in Utah with Kasich around 22-25%

Interesting enough having an exit poll might not matter. Arizona has a law that doesn't allow for precincts to report results until an hour after the vote ends. So you won't see any results until 11pm ET, then probably a massive vote dump with a call coming shortly after.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 03:06:19 PM »

Never mind i feel sad now... Cruz would've certainly won
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 03:07:06 PM »

But those delegates!
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2016, 03:08:26 PM »

Do anyone think the terror attacks in Belgium will push people to Trump in todays races? "Ban the Muslims from entering" would seem to be a much more tempting offer to the masses a day such as this.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2016, 03:10:41 PM »

But those delegates!

Yeah, Cruz is still going to get a huge majority of the delegates there. Probably more than if they actually had a caucus (like the past) or a primary (like the future).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 03:15:24 PM »

Do anyone think the terror attacks in Belgium will push people to Trump in todays races? "Ban the Muslims from entering" would seem to be a much more tempting offer to the masses a day such as this.

It might also push people to Cruz's camp with the whole "back out of NATO" thing that Trump wants to do.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 03:38:52 PM »

According to a tweet from Dennis Lennox, who visited the territories for the Cruz campaign, the American Samoa caucus starts at 4:30PM local time, or 11:30PM Eastern.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 03:39:14 PM »

Some counties did hold unofficial votes. Cruz won most of them.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016, 03:45:48 PM »

I think it's possible because want to do something irrational knee-jerk reacting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies