Hillary Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:46:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton  (Read 1380 times)
Randy71
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 22, 2016, 06:44:24 AM »

I don't trust Hillary Clinton because of the allegations that have come out against her. I voted against her on March the 1st. I honestly don't think that she's trustworthy. She should not be elected. I don't trust her to be in The White House. I wouldn't even trust her to be the mayor of my town. I dread the future if she becomes President.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 06:47:40 AM »

That's nice.

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 07:17:52 AM »

Do you wish to be able to trust Hillary Clinton because of the allegations that have come out against her. you voted against her on March the 1st. you honestly don't think that she's trustworthy. She should not be elected. you don't trust her to be in The White House. you wouldn't even trust her to be the mayor of your town. you dread the future if she becomes President?
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 07:55:52 AM »

°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 07:58:52 AM »

She is a weak candidate, overall, for many reasons. Fortunately for her most people would prefer her to Trump, possibly Cruz. Cruz would do better than Trump. Sanders would beat Cruz or Trump; therefore Sanders is the better choice. Sanders is the better choice for other reasons.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 08:15:17 AM »

Hillary Clinton has many problems, not the least of which is trustability.

According to some of the latest polling, only 37% of people find Clinton trustworthy. So almost two-thirds of the country has a problem trusting her. The unfortunate thing is that only 27% of those same people find Trump trustworthy, so it looks like both candidates have a major problem in this area. Which is a major reason why I hope Clinton somehow finds herself up against Kasich in the general election -- that would be very interesting.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 08:23:20 AM »

She was supposed to win in 2008 easily and blew it and now she is still contesting the nomination in the month where most on here thought Sanders would drop out. A year ago Sanders was at single digits in national polls. It shows how Clinton really fumbles the ball in campaigns.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 08:24:39 AM »

Hillary Clinton has many problems, not the least of which is trustability.

According to some of the latest polling, only 37% of people find Clinton trustworthy. So almost two-thirds of the country has a problem trusting her. The unfortunate thing is that only 27% of those same people find Trump trustworthy, so it looks like both candidates have a major problem in this area. Which is a major reason why I hope Clinton somehow finds herself up against Kasich in the general election -- that would be very interesting.
It is highly unlikely that Kasich will win the nom. However, he could beat Clinton in the ge. Sanders is the better choice. It's a shame that Democrats haven't woken up yet. It's gettinng late. Things don't look good at this point in time.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 08:52:37 AM »

If Hillary is elected, the reasonable people against her will likely be pleasantly surprised.

If Sanders is elected, the people for him will likely be sorely disappointed.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 08:56:06 AM »

If Hillary is elected, the reasonable people against her will likely be pleasantly surprised.

I'd be shocked if we got "surprised". She won't do anything about wall street and corruption in politics so I doubt Sanders supporters would feel "pleasant"
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 09:05:34 AM »

I'd be shocked if we got "surprised". She won't do anything about wall street and corruption in politics so I doubt Sanders supporters would feel "pleasant"

Well, you aren't expecting her to do anything about it. But if Citizens United and McCutcheon v. FEC are overturned and Super PACs are banned, you'll see we're making progress on something you didn't expect to make progress on, under Clinton.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 09:07:26 AM »

Out of all the people living in this country the best these two parties could come up with is Clinton and Trump? What a shame for the USA.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 09:10:31 AM »

Trump may be a terrible person, but at least he has exposed (a) the concerns of a segment of the white working class base of the GOP, and (b) the GOP establishment's disdain for a huge segment of their own voters.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2016, 09:16:36 AM »

Out of all the people living in this country the best these two parties could come up with is Clinton and Trump? What a shame for the USA.

Seems more than a little odd that a strong Trump supporter would say this.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2016, 09:21:44 AM »

This logic has always confused me. "She was accused of something, which must mean she's not to be trusted!" Is this Salem, MA?
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 09:22:38 AM »

Strong supporter? Far from it but the choice is him or Hillary and id prefer Trump. But FAR from a "strong supporter"
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 09:23:54 AM »

This logic has always confused me. "She was accused of something, which must mean she's not to be trusted!" Is this Salem, MA?

It has less to do with that as it does her overall demeanor (campaigning is a chore), insincerity on the issues, and associated political baggage. 
Mallow
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 09:29:39 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2016, 09:34:55 AM by Mallow »

It has less to do with that as it does her overall demeanor (campaigning is a chore), insincerity on the issues, and associated political baggage.  

This is probably true for a lot of people, but some I hear from (including this thread's original poster) strongly associate the as-of-yet-unfounded allegations against her to their distrust of her.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 09:35:52 AM »

This is probably true for a lot of people, but some I hear from (including this thread's original poster) strongly associate the so-far-unfounded allegations against her to their distrust of her.

Once again, I don't think the email scandal was the last blow for many people but merely reinforced their belief that she has a propensity for distasteful and dishonest activity. One only needs to take a look at her recent poll numbers which show her approval rating deeply underwater and her trustworthy/untrustworthy numbers in even worse shape.

Considering that Bernie Sanders outperforms her decisively against all Republican opponents, she is damn lucky that she did not have a legitimate primary challenger and that she will likely face the worst general election candidate in decades this fall.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2016, 10:59:45 AM »

Strong supporter? Far from it but the choice is him or Hillary and id prefer Trump. But FAR from a "strong supporter"
Your id as "Trump4President" (Plus:) your sig. Implies and indicates otherwise.
elcorazon

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2016, 11:05:20 AM »

I don't trust Hillary Clinton because of the allegations that have come out against her. I voted against her on March the 1st. I honestly don't think that she's trustworthy. She should not be elected. I don't trust her to be in The White House. I wouldn't even trust her to be the mayor of my town. I dread the future if she becomes President.
she's the best candidate. Trump would be a total cluster$$%@ck. Cruz nearly as bad. I suspect you have little to justify your "trust" concern.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 11:33:43 AM »

Perhaps it's the sheer number of issues that need to be looked at. Here's a brief sampling:

The Clinton Foundation donations coming from foreign governments while Mrs. Clinton was acting as Secretary of State, setting the stage for conflict of interest accusations.

Wall Street speeches and donations. Mrs. Clinton has managed to rake in millions of dollars worth of speaking fees from companies like Goldman Sachs. It's unclear whether or not these paid appearances influenced her decisions in any way, given that we don't know what was said.

Clinton Foundation tax reporting issues, a number of which have been pretty well documented.

Questions surrounding Secretary Clinton's handling of Libya and Benghazi continue to plague her, especially the question of why she's publicly blaming the attack on one thing while privately admitting it was caused by another.

Some of Clinton's close aids may have issues. Specifically, both Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin must be getting looked at in various investigations.

Regarding her email problems, Clinton has turned over sixty-five email messages which contain information that is now classified. The question is whether any of it (and how much of it) was classified at the time it was sent. Clinton has said she didn’t knowingly send or receive classified material on the account; the State Department and Intelligence Community have disagreed about that.

In what must be seen as the most serious email accusation, the Intelligence Community’s inspector general wrote in a January letter that Clinton’s server contained information marked “special access program,” which is even higher than top secret. That's serious. How Sidney Blumenthal came upon the NSA information to pass along to the Secretary remains to be seen.

Aside from the emails themselves, there's the question of whether or not making use of a private server came from a place of criminal intent or just stupidity. Either way, it doesn't look good for someone seeking the highest office of the country. We'll eventually learn more about the decision to use a private server, how the server was set up, and whether any of the participants knew they were sending classified information in emails.

Then there's the various controversies that arose during Bill's time in the White House. Whitewater. Troopergate. Paula Jones. Monica Lewinsky. Vince Foster. Juanita Broaddrick. The usual political noise, but there was a lot of it.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 12:03:54 PM »

She was supposed to win in 2008 easily and blew it and now she is still contesting the nomination in the month where most on here thought Sanders would drop out. A year ago Sanders was at single digits in national polls. It shows how Clinton really fumbles the ball in campaigns.

I mean, the people running Sanders' campaign are pocketing a lot of the money they're raising, so obviously they're gonna ride it out to the end to maximize profits. Smiley
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 12:16:44 PM »

Hillary is a neocon and will continue our dumb policies in the Middle East. She'll actually make it worse since Obama thankfully won in 2008, and he's more dovish than her. If Hillary won, we'd be seeing caskets returning from Syria right now.

Thank god for Obama
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016, 12:17:46 PM »

I mean, the people running Sanders' campaign are pocketing a lot of the money they're raising, so obviously they're gonna ride it out to the end to maximize profits. Smiley

[citation needed]
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies