Who do you think will win the March 26th Primaries? (D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:31:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who do you think will win the March 26th Primaries? (D)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: What do you think?
Clinton- Alaska

Sanders- Alaska

Clinton- Hawaii

Sanders- Hawaii

Clinton- Washington

Sanders- Washington

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Who do you think will win the March 26th Primaries? (D)  (Read 4425 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 10:21:45 AM »

Before reading this thread, I was going to put HI in Sanders's column, but most of you are saying lean Clinton.  So, I guess I'll tilt it to Clinton, as well.  I agree Sanders on the other two.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2016, 12:26:58 PM »

FWIW betting markets suggest a Sanders sweep but have very, very little confidence about Hawaii.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2016, 02:25:21 PM »

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2016, 06:02:35 PM »

Sanderistas could easily bully their way to victory in the undemocratic caucuses though.
Yes, because showing up to a caucus is totally bullying.

No but when you have a bunch of rabid foaming mouth children screaming at Clinton supporters it's human nature to go with the group and not be on the outside. That's why Clinton does better in primaries, secret ballot and Sanderistas can't bully them into going with what they don't want to.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2016, 06:09:53 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2016, 06:11:45 PM by Sanders might be POTUS »

Sanderistas could easily bully their way to victory in the undemocratic caucuses though.

No but when you have a bunch of rabid foaming mouth children screaming at Clinton supporters it's human nature to go with the group and not be on the outside. That's why Clinton does better in primaries, secret ballot and Sanderistas can't bully them into going with what they don't want to.
If true, it also makes Clinton supporters look bad. They wouldn't cave in so easily if they were tougher. I'm not defending being a bully, but I think I have a valid point.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2016, 06:18:08 PM »

If true, it also makes Clinton supporters look bad. They wouldn't cave in so easily if they were tougher. I'm not defending being a bully, but I think I have a valid point.

That's not really a good point - I'm not saying I agree with MasterJedi's point that Sanders supporters are foaming at the mouth bullies, but you don't tell a kid who is getting bullied "lol get thicker skin".
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2016, 06:19:13 PM »

So called "undemocratic caucuses" helps balance out the undemocratic super delegates.
The "Democratic" party establishment hasn't been very democratic in moving heaven and earth to keeping all third parties of the ballot, thereby giving voters a choice. The Republican establishment is just as bad.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2016, 06:23:29 PM »

That's not really a good point - I'm not saying I agree with MasterJedi's point that Sanders supporters are foaming at the mouth bullies, but you don't tell a kid who is getting bullied "lol get thicker skin".
A poor analogy, these are adults not children and they aren't getting physically abused. I am not defending the caucus system. If someone shows up they should be prepared for this. When voters go to the polls in primary states, the establishment hacks hand out papers telling them how to vote, and these hacks expect people to follow their commands, as many do, like meek sheep. At least that is what happens where I live.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2016, 06:25:17 PM »

"There is no try there is only do", I guess Clinton supporters aren't exactly "master jedis" lol.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2016, 06:28:27 PM »

Anyway, this is all nonsense, because conservative Democrats are not always known for being all peace and love.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2016, 06:53:06 PM »

Clinton sweep. Shortly after, Sanders will announce his openly white supremacist independent campaign.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2016, 07:01:35 PM »

Screw it. Sanders sweep.

Kucinich got over 30% in Hawaii back in 2004.

I could see Sanders winning Hawaii with under 60%. Alaska will be like Utah and Idaho. Washington will nearly hit 70% for Sanders, but not quite.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2016, 09:06:38 PM »

Sanders wins Washington and Alaska, Clinton wins Hawaii.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2016, 08:53:19 AM »

2 of 3 to sanders but somehow with super delegates clinton ends up with a ton more lol
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2016, 09:15:22 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2016, 09:20:14 AM by Shadows »

There 142 odd delegates (101+25+16) - How is Sanders gonna end up with less ?

For Alaska people are saying 70-80%. But beyond 60% is difficult to predict IMO. If Sanders did a rally, we would have got 70%.

Tulsi Gabbard has put an amazing effort in Hawaii - Not sure if it will be enough to win - Clinton is actually investing in ads n a ground team there!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2016, 11:57:39 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2016, 12:04:05 PM by Pacific Councilor 1184AZ »

Sanders sweeps Alaska and Washington, winning almost every county. While in Hawaii Sanders takes Maui County
and Clinton takes Hawaii County,Honolulu County and Kauai County
Not Sure:Kalawao County

Alaska
Sanders 67%
Clinton 33%

Washington
Sanders 60%
Clinton 40%

Hawaii
Clinton 53%
Sanders 47%

Pages: 1 [2]