Walker endorsed Cruz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:58:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Walker endorsed Cruz
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Walker endorsed Cruz  (Read 967 times)
jman123
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 23, 2016, 11:47:59 AM »

Just heard Walker endorsed Cruz. How will it affect April 5 in Wisconsin?

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/scott-walker-ted-cruz-only-viable-alternative-to-donald-trump/article_ff954945-1fcf-58a9-a4e8-ca530b69695a.html
yankeesfan
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 11:50:24 AM »

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/373230291.html

I don't think it's official yet.  But he's making all the right noises.

"If you're someone who is uneasy with the front-runner right now, there's really only one candidate," Walker said in a taped interview that aired on WTMJ Wednesday morning. "Ted Cruz is the only one who's got a chance other than Donald Trump to win the nomination statistically, and my friend Gov. (John) Kasich cannot."

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 12:09:15 PM »

It's amazing how Trump has managed to make Cruz the establishment darling. How on earth would anyone have seen this coming?
jman123
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 12:10:33 PM »

It's amazing how Trump has managed to make Cruz the establishment darling. How on earth would anyone have seen this coming?

Is this endorsement a net negative for Cruz since it shows he is morphing into establishment?
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 12:46:17 PM »

Is this endorsement a net negative for Cruz since it shows he is morphing into establishment?

No, it simply helps the Wisconsin Republican establishment recognize they need to vote for Cruz not Kasich. The low info WI Republicans still like Walker.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 01:16:02 PM »

I don't get why he doesn't do it today, instead of waiting a week.

Also I know he's doesn't have the came clout anymore as Walker does, but I wonder how much Kasich will use Tommy Thompson around the state?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 01:38:59 PM »

No, it simply helps the Wisconsin Republican establishment recognize they need to vote for Cruz not Kasich. The low info WI Republicans still like Walker.

Also, I wouldn't call Walker particularly establishment, at least not in the Bush/Kasich/Christie lane.  I would imagine that he is extremely popular amongst WI Republicans.
PaperKooper
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 5.57

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 02:02:11 PM »

I love how literally everyone that ever held office is "establishment" now.  That renders the term nearly meaningless. 
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 02:56:51 PM »

It's also funny since before Iowa it was looking like the establishment preferred Trump to Cruz. Looks like that was actually just some terrible strategy to kneecap Cruz by defeating him in Iowa, then "deal with Trump later."
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 03:13:02 PM »

What a joke the GOP establishment is. I'm not sure whether they are supporting him so they can draft Romney at the convention, or simply supporting him to spite Trump. Truly sad, and if the #NeverTrump movement actually succeeds, the GOP ought to be sent off to the dustbin of history for being such a disgrace to American democracy and governance.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 03:13:46 PM »

lelel who care
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 03:27:12 PM »

Cruz had establishment ties since his senate run. It was obvious trump was more antiestablishment and cruz was only playing games

And we're not addressing Trump's long time record of fighting against Tea Party causes.
Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -5.57

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 04:39:08 PM »

It's also funny since before Iowa it was looking like the establishment preferred Trump to Cruz. Looks like that was actually just some terrible strategy to kneecap Cruz by defeating him in Iowa, then "deal with Trump later."

Which was an incredibly stupid idea. Trump losing Iowa was about the only thing that's hurt his momentum since mid-November or so, and he was able to rebound from that. If he had won Iowa, and Cruz had not gained as much traction, Trump would probably be running away with the nomination.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 05:44:17 PM »

I thought most Republicans like him?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 05:59:43 PM »

Walker is a joke and a fraud, and stupid enough to think his endorsement matters. If Cruz wins Wisconsin, which I believe he will, Walker's endorsement won't be the cause of it and won't sway any votes.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2016, 06:37:30 PM »

Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 06:38:26 PM »

Next time get endorsed by someone who can actually debate properly, Ted.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies