Whitehouse.gov receiving petition to redo Arizona vote.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:26:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Whitehouse.gov receiving petition to redo Arizona vote.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Whitehouse.gov receiving petition to redo Arizona vote.  (Read 4848 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 23, 2016, 05:55:56 PM »
« edited: March 23, 2016, 06:13:54 PM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/do-revote-arizona-primary-due-voter-suppression
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 06:04:27 PM »

Not a big surprise when you look into how the lines were last night. The Republican legislators sure love their voter suppression though, they won't give it up, I think they're hooked
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 06:10:26 PM »

Another primary would be expensive, though. We should just hold a redo caucus instead.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 06:12:20 PM »

Another primary would be expensive, though. We should just hold a redo caucus instead.

So Bernie and Cruz win 65-35???
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 06:12:48 PM »

I see what you did there, with your caucus dirty tricks.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 06:21:14 PM »

Caucuses are inherently voter suppression. Last night, 58,000 Bernie supporters in two tiny blood red states cancelled out Hillary's 300,000 voters in two big, diverse battleground states of North Carolina and Ohio. Why isn't that being challenged as undemocratic?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 06:27:22 PM »

Caucuses are inherently voter suppression. Last night, 58,000 Bernie supporters in two tiny blood red states cancelled out Hillary's 300,000 voters in two big, diverse battleground states of North Carolina and Ohio. Why isn't that being challenged as undemocratic?

Here's hoping Hillary can abolish caucuses if she wins the general.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 06:31:11 PM »

Bernie cultists only care about democracy when it can be used as a cudgel against Hillary and her supporters.
Yan
anteloperyan
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 06:35:06 PM »

Bernie cultists only care about democracy when it can be used as a cudgel against Hillary and her supporters.

Good to know your life is as riveting as ever, old boy.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 06:39:58 PM »

Good to know your life is as riveting as ever, old boy.

Sure is! And I'm not a wannabe edgy maroon-avatared teenager, so I've got that going for me as well.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 06:50:05 PM »

Are there people who actually think that there will actually be a redo? That would cost far too much money and time.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 07:06:51 PM »

Are there people who actually think that there will actually be a redo? That would cost far too much money and time.

It also would require invalidating the votes of people who voted already. If for whatever reason they aren't around for round 2, then effectively disenfranchised.
dax00

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 08:56:27 PM »

Don't redo the election, but do count all the provisional ballots as normal ballots.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 09:01:58 PM »

Speaking of Whitehouse.gov petitions, how is the Death Star funding going?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 09:03:11 PM »

It also would require invalidating the votes of people who voted already. If for whatever reason they aren't around for round 2, then effectively disenfranchised.

Yeah, this is the problem. Ideally there should be another vote, but at this point what's done is done, unfortunately.

However, dax00's suggestion seems sensible.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2016, 09:17:48 PM »

Arizona was a fraud - Such mentally challenged people here may not understand but there were massive instances of fraud - People miraculously found their names dropped from the Dem party (guys who were life long ballots) - People given provisional ballots after they ran out of ballots - I could go on.

The Arizona Dems promised to investigate & the Phoenix mayor to called for an inquiry. I don't think this prevented Bernie from winning, he would lost anyways. But these issues should not happening - You have a democracy when this happens.

Maybe Clinton paid interns if they were less stupid or got their heads out of the sand, they would realize this. I don't care if there is a re-election or not but I want this mess to be sorted so that in future candidates don't continue to suffer!

No to mentioned the process was stupid -  Lines running for 8-10 hours through the night - people standing in lines without water, some had to go back - We had many Sanders supporters bringing water
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 09:21:45 PM »

Arizona was a fraud - Such mentally challenged people here may not understand but there were massive instances of fraud - People miraculously found their names dropped from the Dem party (guys who were life long ballots) - People given provisional ballots after they ran out of ballots - I could go on.

The Arizona Dems promised to investigate & the Phoenix mayor to called for an inquiry. I don't think this prevented Bernie from winning, he would lost anyways. But these issues should not happening - You have a democracy when this happens.

Maybe Clinton paid interns if they were less stupid or got their heads out of the sand, they would realize this. I don't care if there is a re-election or not but I want this mess to be sorted so that in future candidates don't continue to suffer!

No to mentioned the process was stupid -  Lines running for 8-10 hours through the night - people standing in lines without water, some had to go back - We had many Sanders supporters bringing water

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 09:28:41 PM »

Serious question - would people be signing this petition and bringing this up if Sanders won?

For the record, I think it is tragic that Arizona's electoral system is as bad as it is - there need to be changes to ensure that people are able to vote. That much is common sense. But would this issue be brought to light if the shoe were on the other foot? I'm kind of doubting it.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2016, 10:23:54 PM »

Hilary's campaign manager went on r/sandersforpresident today to address the issue.  The Sanders people treated him with a surprising amount of respect and decorum.

https://np.reddit.com/r/SandersForPresident/comments/4bncfn/arizona_election_fraud_mega_thread/d1b5q54

Top reply:
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 10:47:20 PM »

Hilary's campaign manager went on r/sandersforpresident today to address the issue.  The Sanders people treated him with a surprising amount of respect and decorum.

https://np.reddit.com/r/SandersForPresident/comments/4bncfn/arizona_election_fraud_mega_thread/d1b5q54

Top reply:

Bernie Sanders supporters are really an embarrassment to our democracy. I really can't wait until this primary is over and these crybabies go back to not paying attention to politics.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2016, 10:52:34 PM »

Young white progressives only care about causes that affect them, and even then end up blaming and demonizing the wrong people.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2016, 10:54:01 PM »

Serious question - would people be signing this petition and bringing this up if Sanders won?

For the record, I think it is tragic that Arizona's electoral system is as bad as it is - there need to be changes to ensure that people are able to vote. That much is common sense. But would this issue be brought to light if the shoe were on the other foot? I'm kind of doubting it.

That's a good point. Arizona was a mess, but I suspect you're right, if this has happened to the Clinton camp, many of those outraged right now would be silent.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 11:13:41 PM »

Can we please blame those actually responsible? That being the Arizona GOP.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2016, 03:37:23 AM »

Can we please blame those actually responsible? That being the Arizona GOP.

Well obviously, since Hillary and the Arizona GOP are in the same crony establishment it's really her fault by proxy... obviously.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 08:07:28 AM »

That's a good point. Arizona was a mess, but I suspect you're right, if this has happened to the Clinton camp, many of those outraged right now would be silent.

In every camp. there would be people who support this kind of thing & some who oppose. But on the whole I can say that Sanders supporters are likely in general whoever is the candidate to support this kind of thing. There should be a proper democracy - You win & lose fairly not by voter suppression. Most of us want to win fairly not by cheating!

And that Lief is a troll, I am always on reddit & I saw no post from Hillary's campaign people & no1 abusing that person. The sub is full on Trump & Hillary trolls like Lief with ridiculous comments who have to be banned from time to time but when we get serious Hillary people or even Trump people, we often have a serious discussion. I have congratulated Hillary people on wins there as have many ohters.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies