Hillary gave a great national security speech at Stanford today.....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:50:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary gave a great national security speech at Stanford today.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary gave a great national security speech at Stanford today.....  (Read 1658 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 23, 2016, 07:59:05 PM »
« edited: March 23, 2016, 08:00:43 PM by Lincoln Republican »

.....I have to admit.

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2016/march/clinton-policy-talk-032316.html
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 08:02:46 PM »

A voice of reason and calm amidst the chaos...
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 09:10:06 PM »

A voice of reason and calm amidst the chaos...

A worthy observation.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 09:23:50 PM »

We are ready to welcome you on to the Clinton train if and when you are ready, Winfield. Hell, I'd rather have sensible middle-of-the-road people like you than the deranged left-wing conspiracy theorists, like Shadows, on our team.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 09:27:53 PM »

"To all of you who say, I hate Hillary, I could never vote for her, I say--Welcome!  I've got clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here you are stuck in the middle with me."--SNL Hillary
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 09:42:56 PM »

I'm about to watch it. I wanted to be there in person but I had no way of getting there.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 09:44:30 PM »

I was impressed. Great counter to Cruz and Trump.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 10:14:24 PM »

It was a good speech. For all the crap she gets on the campaign trail, this is the type of setting she really shines in. She was very Presidential. There won't be a transition between Clinton the candidate and Clinton the President next January.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 12:58:53 AM »

We are ready to welcome you on to the Clinton train if and when you are ready, Winfield. Hell, I'd rather have sensible middle-of-the-road people like you than the deranged left-wing conspiracy theorists, like Shadows, on our team.

Thank you my friend Lief.

Hillary is certainly acting much more Presidential than the maniacal Trump ever will.

I want to see if Cruz is able to become the GOP standard bearer before I change my allegiance.  He is extremely intelligent, well educated, Harvard Law, a convincing and gifted speaker and debater.

I don't agree with Cruz on everything, but I will stay with the GOP if he becomes the nominee.  But if it's Trump, I will have to go with Hillary.  Trump is simply a thug, liar, and bully.   
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 02:10:17 AM »

Hillary is certainly acting much more Presidential than the maniacal Trump ever will.

I want to see if Cruz is able to become the GOP standard bearer before I change my allegiance.  He is extremely intelligent, well educated, Harvard Law, a convincing and gifted speaker and debater.

I don't agree with Cruz on everything, but I will stay with the GOP if he becomes the nominee.  But if it's Trump, I will have to go with Hillary.  Trump is simply a thug, liar, and bully.   

You were never a real Republican if you would leave the Party for Hillary.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 04:25:17 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What is she talking about? It is because of fear and paranoia that we give up our liberties.
Government violating our civil liberties is very real and constantly happening to all of us. You cannot let fear impact how you live your life. She is saying give into your fear of terrorism so I can have more power and you can pretend this somehow makes you safe.

Not that she is any worse than the other candidates, including the guy I support, but I just found this particular statement of her's cringeworthy.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2016, 01:40:15 PM »

Allow me to clarify.  Regardless of who the GOP nominee is, I will still be a Republican.  It is just that if the nominee is Trump, he will not have my support.  I am of the belief that Trump is entirely unfit to be President, and  that  if the election is between Trump and Hillary,  that Hillary is far more qualified for the office than is Trump. 
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 01:43:34 PM »

What is she talking about? It is because of fear and paranoia that we give up our liberties.
Government violating our civil liberties is very real and constantly happening to all of us. You cannot let fear impact how you live your life. She is saying give into your fear of terrorism so I can have more power and you can pretend this somehow makes you safe.

Not that she is any worse than the other candidates, including the guy I support, but I just found this particular statement of her's cringeworthy.

May I ask how you've personally had your civil liberties infringed upon? Like, in any way that has had any sort of a meaningful impact on your life?
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 01:46:43 PM »

As good as the one she gave at Goldman Sachs?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2016, 01:46:51 PM »

Never thought I'd ever see Winfield being accused of not being a Republican.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 02:00:09 PM »

Fox News had a moment of self-parody...
https://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/fox-news-cuts-away-from-hillary-clintons-speech-about-isis-to-complain-that-shes-too-calm/
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2016, 02:02:48 PM »

We'll never know, fellow FF.  Her Highness won't grace us with her wisdom. 

How much blood is the wench promising to shed?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2016, 02:06:15 PM »

I want to see if Cruz is able to become the GOP standard bearer before I change my allegiance.  He is extremely intelligent, well educated, Harvard Law, a convincing and gifted speaker and debater.

I don't agree with Cruz on everything, but I will stay with the GOP if he becomes the nominee.  But if it's Trump, I will have to go with Hillary.  Trump is simply a thug, liar, and bully.    

Cute... The guy supporting a bigoted fascist who blamed Bush for 9/11 and trashed on John McCain for being shot down in action...accusing others of not being real Republicans.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2016, 02:07:51 PM »

Don't know.

But as Sanders says, for $225,000 per speech, they must have been wonderful speeches, and Hillary should be proud to share them.  

It's true, Hillary does have lots of flaws, but even with that, is still better than Trump.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2016, 02:09:30 PM »

It seems more and more like Hillary will win this in a 1964-like blow out.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2016, 02:11:04 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2016, 02:12:59 PM by Sanders might be POTUS »

Don't know.

But as Sanders says, for $225,000 per speech, they must have been wonderful speeches, and Hillary should be proud to share them.  

It's true, Hillary does have lots of flaws, but even with that, is still better than Trump.
Who isn't better than Trumpery? (edit: I would not be happy to see Drumpf beat her of course, but I don't expect that to happen)
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2016, 03:35:40 PM »

May I ask how you've personally had your civil liberties infringed upon? Like, in any way that has had any sort of a meaningful impact on your life?

You sound like the republicans in how they respond about the patriot act. But yeah I do feel privacy invasion to have a meaningful impact on my life. Government should not have any backdoors to phones or email or anything of the like. It is no different than if they go and randomly search cars and homes when the owner is away. Those who support it will say it doesnt impact you but it is an invasion of privacy. Would having cameras on you at all times impact.your life if you are unaware of said cameras and then one day discover they were there? It is all the same thing. Privacy is even more difficult to maintain in this age which is all the more reason we should seek to protect what is left of it and certainly reject the government violating it.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2016, 04:55:28 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawthorne_effect

I think that effect is reason enough to end domestic spying entirely. It is not worth the damage it causes to the social fabric of America and the risks with giving government that much information and power is too great.

Why don't some people ever question why government needs this and what good it will do if they had it? So far the NSA hasn't really been able to name any significant attacks it prevented with the domestic spying uncovered by Snowden.

Why do some people value privacy so little? Why do some people seem unable to respect that most people don't want to be spied on? Why do some people who say they don't trust the government seem OK with giving them this massive amount of power? It makes no #*@)#ing sense.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies