Alabama Gov. Bentley had affair with former staffer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:40:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Gov. Bentley had affair with former staffer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Alabama Gov. Bentley had affair with former staffer  (Read 5215 times)
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2016, 11:28:02 AM »

...and another family values sanctity of marriage hypocrite bites the dust.

I have noticed that it's much easier for a right-wing family values hypocrite to survive a sex scandal that it's for a Democrat.
The only two recent Democrats' sex scandals I can think of are Carlos Danger (wasn't that with a minor) and John Edwards (whose wife had cancer). Those were both more than simple sex scandals.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2016, 12:30:20 PM »

I have noticed that it's much easier for a right-wing family values hypocrite to survive a sex scandal that it's for a Democrat.
The only two recent Democrats' sex scandals I can think of are Carlos Danger (wasn't that with a minor) and John Edwards (whose wife had cancer). Those were both more than simple sex scandals.

It's quite telling that when Edwards cheated on his cancer-striken wife his career collapsed beyond any hope of repair, but when Gingrich divorced his first wife and he was undergoing a cancer treatment it had no effect on his subsequent career.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2016, 12:59:52 PM »

Stop. They would be expelled from the United States.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2016, 01:23:12 PM »

Endorsed, if he runs more ads like this one
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2016, 02:46:11 PM »

David Wu?
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2016, 02:53:06 PM »

David Wu?

and Eliot Spitzer, of course.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2016, 08:48:18 PM »

Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2016, 09:29:53 PM »

^^ Carlos Danger is just Anthony Weiner's "sex handle".
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2016, 01:24:39 PM »

Hes not conservative actually (raised taxes, moderate on all issues) and I disagree with your statement
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2016, 02:13:49 PM »

Hes not conservative actually (raised taxes, moderate on all issues) and I disagree with your statement

Brother Bentley is not conservative? Lol.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2016, 11:05:23 PM »

Per Political Wire, Bentley bought "burner" prepaid cell phones to conduct his affair with. You know, like a spy. Or a drug dealer.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2016, 11:30:07 PM »

Per Political Wire, Bentley bought "burner" prepaid cell phones to conduct his affair with. You know, like a spy. Or a drug dealer.
Sometimes I think I should just keep a burner cell or two just sitting around, in case I ever have the need. If I ever really did need one, it would probably be too late to buy it right then and there.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2016, 10:57:04 AM »

Please, who doesn't conduct business like that....
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2016, 02:57:05 PM »

This is why they need to give family values a rest.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2016, 08:25:39 PM »

Great, another sleazbag.

But here's the thing: Our country cares more about these type of B.S. stories instead of the issues. It's time to move on, America.

To be honest, Adultery is a pretty despicable action, especially for those claiming to be some sort of Christian (I don't care how liberal you are, the 10 commandments are the 10 commandments, and it literally says "thou shalt not commit adultery".) (Bentley is Baptist). Even if you're not religious, the fact still remains that the wording of most marriage vows calls for devotion "until death". Committing adultery is hardly maintaining that devotion (provided you don't have prior permission from your spouse).

Obviously making adultery illegal is unrealistic (What are we supposed to do to enforce it, ultra-theocrats? Abolish the 4th amendment so that Police can arbitrarily search through homes for adulterers?), but that doesn't mean we should be voting adulterers into office.

Clearly, it is wrong, but it doesn't automatically mean someone isn't fit to be a political leader. However, if it's like Berlusconi-levels of adultery or a situation like John Ensign's, where he broke the law as a result of his stupidity, then they should resign, yes.

Any Republican who believe that owes an apology to Bill Clinton.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2016, 09:17:07 PM »

I guess Ronald Reagan is a liberal, then. Good to know.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2016, 01:56:10 AM »

Ronald Reagan is really a liberal compared with 75% of present day Republican congressional caucus. Gerald Ford - with 90-95%.... Essentially the same among Democrats: Lyndon Johnson (always considered as moderate-liberal by standards of that days) would be in 10% most conservative members of Democratic caucus now. Center is absolutely not represented in present political system.... There is simply no party to look for it's interests..
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2016, 07:52:45 AM »

Ronald Reagan is really a liberal compared with 75% of present day Republican congressional caucus. Gerald Ford - with 90-95%....

And Peter King is a liberal compared to Steve King.

Does that make him "a liberal"?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2016, 08:09:54 AM »

Sometimes I think I should just keep a burner cell or two just sitting around, in case I ever have the need. If I ever really did need one, it would probably be too late to buy it right then and there.

https://maxbarry.com/2008/09/18/news.html
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2016, 08:11:11 AM »

Ronald Reagan is really a liberal compared with 75% of present day Republican congressional caucus. Gerald Ford - with 90-95%....

And Peter King is a liberal compared to Steve King.

Does that make him "a liberal"?

No, but it makes him "relatively moderate Republican"...
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2016, 09:03:22 AM »

Ronald Reagan is really a liberal compared with 75% of present day Republican congressional caucus. Gerald Ford - with 90-95%.... Essentially the same among Democrats: Lyndon Johnson (always considered as moderate-liberal by standards of that days) would be in 10% most conservative members of Democratic caucus now. Center is absolutely not represented in present political system.... There is simply no party to look for it's interests..

Gerald Ford would be slightly left of center nowadays. Carter in 1976 would probably be center, maybe very slightly right of it.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2016, 09:13:27 AM »

Gerald Ford would be slightly left of center nowadays. Carter in 1976 would probably be center, maybe very slightly right of it.

I meant in corresponding caucus. Ford (for example) was generally pro-choice. How many members of Republican House caucus are more of less solidly pro-choice now? I have difficulties naming someone besides Hanna and Dold.
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2016, 12:49:07 PM »

I meant in corresponding caucus. Ford (for example) was generally pro-choice. How many members of Republican House caucus are more of less solidly pro-choice now? I have difficulties naming someone besides Hanna and Dold.

Frelinghuysen! But that might just be about the end of the list, unfortunately.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2016, 01:14:44 PM »

Frelinghuysen! But that might just be about the end of the list, unfortunately.

Dent?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2016, 01:30:38 PM »

^ Well, both Frelinghuysen and Dent are mostly pro-choice, but still - not always. And now compare it with what was normal quite recently - Boehlert, Morella, Gillman, Horton, Hollenbeck and so on. I will not even put for comparison Republican politicians of Ford's time like Javits, Case, Brooke and Mathias in Senate, and Whalen, Reid, Riegle, Halperin in the House.... Feel the difference..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies