Bernie on TYT - I will support Clinton if she adopts these policy positions!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:10:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bernie on TYT - I will support Clinton if she adopts these policy positions!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bernie on TYT - I will support Clinton if she adopts these policy positions!  (Read 971 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 23, 2016, 10:21:47 PM »

Cenk - Will you hand over this grass-roots anti-establishment movement to Hillary Clinton & if she was the nominee? What policy agreements would it take?

Sanders - I am not much of a leader but if we don't win, we will be asking what will the Democratic establishment do policy wise? I would support Clinton is she adopts the following Policy Positions -

1 - Supports Free College & Wall Street Speculation Tax
2 - Supports a 15$ Minimum Wage
3 - Supports Single payer Healthcare
4 - Rebuild Crumbling Infrastructure (roads, bridges) (Some plan similar to his 1T 10 year plan)
5 - Very Strong Climate Change Plan
6 - Ending Corporate Tax Loopholes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5Z64QgFwKQ

Very difficult to see Hillary promising Free College, 15$ Minimum Wage & Single Payer!

Good Job, he should not compromise on the Progressive Agenda - Progressives should not be treated for granted!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 10:26:26 PM »

Yeah, I don't see him going quietly into the night, which is a pretty sh-tty thing for anyone who wants to see any type of remotely progressive policy come to fruition. He won't be the nominee. Hillary will. She needs young people. He shows no signs of backing away from fueling the sort of garbage that makes them hate her.

What a sore sport.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 10:27:26 PM »

I used to be in fear that a President Bernie was very likely, but now he might help undo Hillary's chances. Bornie Sandas to the rescue?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 10:32:37 PM »

Obviously I don't think Bernie should be holding the nomination hostage until she meets X demands, but I think some of these are adaptable and I think Clinton should retain some of the Sanders fire in a general election - she's in a pretty unique position where she could do so.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 10:38:02 PM »

Bernie Sanders cares more about Bernie Sanders than the working and middle class people he is supposedly fighting for. That's been clear for a while now.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 10:40:25 PM »

I won't support Hillary even if Bernie actively campaigns for her. For me it is the cause, not Bernie.

Apart from the horrible candidate Hillary is , supporting her would kill the Progressive Movement & would elect a moderate/Semi-conservative to the White house. It's these fake Lefties who do more damage to the progressive cause than the GOP people. I want a strong progressive person in 2020!

Obama,a supposed progressive, is so desperate for GOP admiration that he nominates freaking Garland to the Supreme Court? Are you kidding me? Why don't you nominate a Scalia type person next?

Good Hillary should go & campaign to the young folks & liberals & try to convince them why she is the best & offer policy positions? Tired of progressives being treated like sh**!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 10:43:38 PM »

Obviously I don't think Bernie should be holding the nomination hostage until she meets X demands, but I think some of these are adaptable and I think Clinton should retain some of the Sanders fire in a general election - she's in a pretty unique position where she could do so.

He is not holding anything hostage - What a ridiculous argument. Clinton will get the nomination & does not require Sanders' approval or endorsement for that.

Sanders is an Independent Senator who says he will actively campaign for Clinton only if she supports A-B-C-D policy positions or atleast most of them.

I am sure Clinton will get a substantial/major part of the Sanders vote anyways, some will be influenced by Bernie's stand, some won't be supporting Clinton regardless of what Bernie says!
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 10:44:48 PM »

That's the type of attitude the Republicans are mocked for having. The truth of the matter is that you can't get everything you want whenever you want. If you want to send a message, fine, but the Democratic party is and will always be the party of incremental change and consensus. You can take your ball and go home, but real people face real problems now, and even if the solution isn't the perfect one, it's still in their best interest to get a solution rather than an idealogical tantrum.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 10:51:27 PM »

Kind of pointless to adopt those positions when they have zero chance of getting through congress.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 10:59:42 PM »

I won't support Hillary even if Bernie actively campaigns for her. For me it is the cause, not Bernie.

Apart from the horrible candidate Hillary is , supporting her would kill the Progressive Movement & would elect a moderate/Semi-conservative to the White house. It's these fake Lefties who do more damage to the progressive cause than the GOP people. I want a strong progressive person in 2020!

If you really, truly believe that, then vote for Cruz for god sakes. We don't need your vote if you are that much of a petulant baby.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 11:03:03 PM »

Don't believe in - "Take the lesser monster" -  Show people with your policies why you DESERVE the vote! You are not entitled to anything. No-one can replicate all policies but she has to adopt most!

That phony was fighting in the Debate calling herself a true "progressive" & now wants to be a moderate  ? You want those votes - Get a progressive agenda!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 11:05:01 PM »

Oh please... have you considered that self-described moderate and conservative Democrats still make up the majority of the party? The D coalition is a wide one, and some of us are rather disturbed by Hillary's leftward drift.

Why do "progressives" get treated like s---? Because they always lose and then they cry and complain about how everything is rigged and they don't get any respect. They even let the word "liberal" become an epithet instead of owning it. The D establishment is tired of losing. The moderates are the ones who actually get things done.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 11:09:08 PM »

Oh please... have you considered that self-described moderate and conservative Democrats still make up the majority of the party? The D coalition is a wide one, and some of us are rather disturbed by Hillary's leftward drift.

Why do "progressives" get treated like s---? Because they always lose and then they cry and complain about how everything is rigged and they don't get any respect. They even let the word "liberal" become an epithet instead of owning it. The D establishment is tired of losing. The moderates are the ones who actually get things done.
Yeah. Thank god President Evan Bayh and Vice President Mark Warner brought back the Democratic Party into relevance after two losses from extreme liberals Gore and Kerry.
win win
dxu8888

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 11:09:24 PM »

Cenk - Will you hand over this grass-roots anti-establishment movement to Hillary Clinton & if she was the nominee? What policy agreements would it take?

Sanders - I am not much of a leader but if we don't win, we will be asking what will the Democratic establishment do policy wise? I would support Clinton is she adopts the following Policy Positions -

1 - Supports Free College & Wall Street Speculation Tax
2 - Supports a 15$ Minimum Wage
3 - Supports Single payer Healthcare
4 - Rebuild Crumbling Infrastructure (roads, bridges) (Some plan similar to his 1T 10 year plan)
5 - Very Strong Climate Change Plan
6 - Ending Corporate Tax Loopholes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5Z64QgFwKQ

Very difficult to see Hillary promising Free College, 15$ Minimum Wage & Single Payer!

Good Job, he should not compromise on the Progressive Agenda - Progressives should not be treated for granted!

Free college and single payer seem like a pipe dream at this point. Hillary already have said some things about college loans and continuing Obamacare.

I won't be surprised if she spends on constructions /push some cosmetic climate change bills that she knows won't get passed.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 11:15:44 PM »

She's already committed to like half of these things and nearly committed to the others. It's really just a matter of degree. I prefer Sanders view point, but Clinton isn't that far off. This is just talk to keep his supporters engaged and fired up.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2016, 11:16:02 PM »

Sanders will almost certainly support Clinton regardless of her policy positions, it's silly to think otherwise.
As for his supporters, I'm unsure that they will so easily fold into supporting the person they have rallied against for months.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 11:16:55 PM »

If you really, truly believe that, then vote for Cruz for god sakes. We don't need your vote if you are that much of a petulant baby.

You can be be proposing nothing but are still entitled to votes like it is some birthright - Right? Earn those votes instead of demanding! Equating not supporting Hillary to supporting Cruz is disgraceful!

For me Jill Stein it is - To build hope for a true progressive in the Dems!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 11:20:29 PM »

Yeah. Thank god President Evan Bayh and Vice President Mark Warner brought back the Democratic Party into relevance after two losses from extreme liberals Gore and Kerry.
I meant all the way back to McGovern. Carter and Clinton were not exactly from the liberal wing of the party. (or Obama, for that matter) Gore and Kerry lost because they were terrible politicians.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2016, 11:24:44 PM »
« Edited: March 23, 2016, 11:39:06 PM by Shadows »

Sanders will almost certainly support Clinton regardless of her policy positions, it's silly to think otherwise.
As for his supporters, I'm unsure that they will so easily fold into supporting the person they have rallied against for months.

You are right - He will support her surely & even campaign for her!

But here's what the hacks here don't get - For many people here it is the Clinton name & them being stooges to the mighty Clinton! For Sanders supporters, it is the message & the cause - Sanders is just a face here! It could well be someone else the next election if that candidate is good enough.

If Sanders goes the other way, not everyone will go with him. People follow him as much or more due to his message than his personality!

Gore lost his home state of Tennessee & New Hampshire! Haha - If he had won his home state, maybe he would have been President then!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 11:34:27 PM »

I meant all the way back to McGovern. Carter and Clinton were not exactly from the liberal wing of the party. (or Obama, for that matter) Gore and Kerry lost because they were terrible politicians.

Gore lost lost some blue & purple states which he should have won "EASILY" & then had to make up elsewhere & he did get some decent wins in reasonably not so easy places.

Gore won the popular vote & should never has lost those easy states - Him bullying Bush in those debates didn't help his image either!

Kerry needed like a couple of states to flip & could have won - He got 250+ & did well! I think he ran a terrible campaign - Fox & the right wing painted this War Hero as some lunatic & equated him with Bush & he let that happen. Kerry unlike Gore had little charisma & leadership to fight back.

Al Gore's lost hurts honestly - Tremendous guy, did great as VP, charismatic leader, won the popular vote but Bill Clinton's issues & some of his campaigns errors in focusing states lost him the race!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2016, 11:34:28 PM »

Messages are nice when they don't potentially cause Arch-conservative judges replacing Ruth Bader Ginsberg and setting the court on a path that will reject the policies you claim to support.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2016, 11:38:06 PM »

Messages are nice when they don't potentially cause Arch-conservative judges replacing Ruth Bader Ginsberg and setting the court on a path that will reject the policies you claim to support.

What good does it do when liberals nominate conservative justices like Garland?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 11:41:10 PM »

What good does it do when liberals nominate conservative justices like Garland?

lol at Garland being a "conservative" judge.

Worst case scenario he's a moderate liberal, meaning he would vote liberal a large chunk of the time and potentially swing on some issues. That sucks but I'm willing to accept that. Best case scenario he follows the order of the past judges Clinton and Obama have appointed, and votes on the bench straight down the line with Sonia Sotomayor, Elena Kagan, Ruth Bader Ginsberg and Stephen Breyer.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2016, 11:50:23 PM »

He is an example of who would be a member of the Democratic party's own Tea Party, if they ever come to have one. Frankly, it's absolutists like him who will be the death of the party should their numbers ever grow.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 12:03:55 AM »
« Edited: March 24, 2016, 12:08:51 AM by Frodo »

They will -Donald Trump will ensure they do so.  
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies