North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:44:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans  (Read 15238 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 24, 2016, 09:36:16 AM »

I didn't see a thread for this anywhere, so here.

If any non-evil Republicans exist, none of them are in the North Carolina legislature. Hopefully the 2016 wave is big enough to overcome gerrymandering.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 10:07:36 AM »

props to the senate democrats for presenting a unified show of protest
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 10:10:19 AM »

SMALL GUBMINT!!!
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 10:16:20 AM »

props to the senate democrats for presenting a unified show of protest

But no props at all to the 11 House "democrats" who voted for it.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 10:19:26 AM »

yey nc
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 10:47:38 AM »

Now why get rid of anti-discrimination measures? The bathroom issue is a completely separate issue, but as far as that bill goes, it's just too far. Roy Cooper was right when he said that 2016 will be a fight for the heart and soul of North Carolina.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 11:18:51 AM »

Wait a moment, exactly what is the minimum wage thing doing in a LGBT bill? And outright abolishing LGBT nondiscrimination measures? Stay classy North Carolina. I'm proud to continue to endorse Roy Cooper for Governor.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 12:03:40 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2016, 01:00:58 PM by Californian Tony Returns »

The bathroom issue is a completely separate issue

Of course you would think so.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 12:28:15 PM »

We must do everything to protect those poor poor straight Christians.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 12:56:33 PM »

Glad to see the Deep South is staying classy.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 01:24:23 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2016, 01:30:58 PM by Wolverine22 »

It's just part of the big plan to end this transgender sideshow:

1. States and the federal government should not allow legal gender marker changes.

2. Transgender people should not have any legal protections against discrimination, nor should anyone be forced to respect their identity.

3. Transgender people should not be legally allowed to use facilities in accordance with their gender identity.

4. Medical coverage related to transition should not be provided by the government, or any other entity.

5. Transgender people should not be allowed to serve in the military.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2016, 01:30:10 PM »

1. States and the federal government should not allow legal gender marker changes.

2. Transgender people should not have any legal protections against discrimination, nor should anyone be forced to respect their identity.

3. Transgender people should not be legally allowed to use facilities in accordance with their gender identity.

4. Medical coverage related to transition should not be provided by the government, or any other entity.

imagine how you'll look in thirty years. jesus christ.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 01:58:24 PM »

Get your head out of the clouds and realize that transgenderism is not a fairy tale. Whatever happened to you talking to someone and changing your mind on this issue?  I do hope you never try to run for office as a democrat - the party would never accept someone with your position on this issue.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 02:00:16 PM »

I already regret that side remark. I never imagined you'd actually take the bait.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2016, 02:01:48 PM »

It's clear that Wolverine is in denial.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 02:16:00 PM »

Get your head out of the clouds and realize that transgenderism is not a fairy tale. Whatever happened to you talking to someone and changing your mind on this issue?  I do hope you never try to run for office as a democrat - the party would never accept someone with your position on this issue.

By the time I'm middle aged, bald, and ready to run for elected office, I get the feeling that by that time, transgenderism will be the new abortion, the new divisive wedge social issue. And frankly, I don't mind being the future equivalent of a pro-life Democrat. Bob Casey sure hasn't had any trouble.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2016, 02:18:25 PM »

The new wedge issue will probably be something like human cloning or the morality of artificial intelligence or whatever. Transgender issues would be in the past.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2016, 02:26:04 PM »

Wolverine, when Wulfric is the voice of reason here, you are doing something horribly wrong.
Hydera

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2016, 02:29:53 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2016, 02:31:47 PM by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) »

I already regret that side remark. I never imagined you'd actually take the bait.

Wolverine again with his hatred of transwomen since he thinks transwomen are misguided gay men who only became women to attract straight men and that they need to be socially pressured into "remaining gay guys".

A lot of older gay guys sadly believes in this insane crap because they think passable transwomen are "betraying them".
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2016, 02:34:05 PM »

By the time I'm middle aged, bald, and ready to run for elected office, I get the feeling that by that time, transgenderism will be the new abortion, the new divisive wedge social issue. And frankly, I don't mind being the future equivalent of a pro-life Democrat. Bob Casey sure hasn't had any trouble.

Are you seriously that deluded?

Luckily you probably won't get much further than winning 2% of the vote in a primary for city councilor.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2016, 02:45:37 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2016, 05:43:44 PM by Wolverine22 »

Get your head out of the clouds and realize that transgenderism is not a fairy tale. Whatever happened to you talking to someone and changing your mind on this issue?  I do hope you never try to run for office as a democrat - the party would never accept someone with your position on this issue.

Are you seriously that deluded?

Luckily you probably won't get much further than winning 2% of the vote in a primary for city councilor.

Yeah whatever. I feel like I fit nicely into the New Democrat mold.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2016, 02:58:57 PM »

To be fair, North Carolina has had much less in common with traditional Deep South states for years now, being far more moderate than other Deep South states such as Alabama, Mississippi and so on. The state was actually pretty decent until Republicans took over the legislature/governor's mansion in 2010/2012 and began ramming through a disgustingly conservative agenda at breakneck speed.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2016, 03:00:27 PM »

I feel like I fit nicely into the New Democrat mold,

Honestly that's bad enough as it is even without the bigotry.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2016, 03:04:09 PM »

Assuming I'm reading numbers 1 and 4 correctly, you actually want to outright ban sex reassignment surgery? WTF, dude?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 03:17:12 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2016, 03:21:50 PM by Virginia »

Wolverine22, I don't get it. Why are you so against transpeople? Your list sounds like something I'd expect to hear from a racist backwoods redneck in Alabama. Do you really understand what you're saying? You're basically encouraging discrimination here and for someone like you, I would have thought you'd have some compassion on this front...

I can at least understand your aversion to the bathroom issue, but the rest of that list is just hate.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies