North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:34:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans  (Read 15232 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2016, 12:47:05 PM »

This 'slippery slope' argument doesn't work. As far as I'm concerned, people can't marry children, because children don't understand the consequences of marriage and can't give consent. People can't marry animals, because animals can't give consent.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2016, 02:17:21 PM »

What I am trying to figure out is how far does "Not judging and giving people their expression rights" go?

We are at a point right now where liberals say we are terrible people unless we agree that men who say they identify as women should be allowed to use the bathroom of their choice.

Are we on track to say, "If that person wants to have sex with children, we shouldn't judge..." ?? I mean, where is the line in the sand drawn? That's what I'm asking.

Why does that pre-occupy you? And that's a serious question.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2016, 07:05:40 AM »

These things pre-occupy me because I don't want America to become a lawless society. I keep getting the impression that liberals don't want any laws at all. They want to dismantle institutions because they believe society "holds people back", and they want to enforce their leftist viewpoints, even if it takes away people's individual rights.

Liberals seem to believe in freedom of speech, unless it's anything they disagree with. Then it's dubbed "hate speech" and they force silence.

Liberals seem to preach freedom and respect for rights under the Constitution, unless it's Religious freedoms, which they deem "discriminatory", so then they want to stop it.

Am I wrong?
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #178 on: May 08, 2016, 07:08:53 AM »

These things pre-occupy me because I don't want America to become a lawless society. I keep getting the impression that liberals don't want any laws at all. They want to dismantle institutions because they believe society "holds people back", and they want to enforce their leftist viewpoints, even if it takes away people's individual rights.

Liberals seem to believe in freedom of speech, unless it's anything they disagree with. Then it's dubbed "hate speech" and they force silence.

Liberals seem to preach freedom and respect for rights under the Constitution, unless it's Religious freedoms, which they deem "discriminatory", so then they want to stop it.

Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2016, 07:12:13 AM »

Am I wrong?

We on the left love dismantling government institutions.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #180 on: May 08, 2016, 08:41:23 AM »

What I am trying to figure out is how far does "Not judging and giving people their expression rights" go?

We are at a point right now where liberals say we are terrible people unless we agree that men who say they identify as women should be allowed to use the bathroom of their choice.

Are we on track to say, "If that person wants to have sex with children, we shouldn't judge..." ?? I mean, where is the line in the sand drawn? That's what I'm asking.

There is no line in the sand, liberals won't be happy until men are marrying dogs
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #181 on: May 08, 2016, 08:58:27 AM »

There is no line in the sand, liberals won't be happy until men are marrying dogs

Some conservatives already think men are marrying bitches.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #182 on: May 08, 2016, 10:31:57 AM »

moderate heroes maybe. real liberals won't be happy until all women are marrying each other and forcing their harems of male slaves to marry dogs for their own amusement
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #183 on: May 09, 2016, 12:01:47 PM »

Am I wrong?

I was asking why your mind wandered to the idea of people having sex with children.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #184 on: May 10, 2016, 12:02:41 AM »

Congratulations. That is officially in the top 50 most idiotic comments in Atlas history. And that's saying a lot.

If you really can't figure out why, you should probably see a neurologist. Seriously.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2016, 07:06:15 PM »

Nope. Court got it wrong again. The student was born a girl, she should use the girls restrooms. This trans stuff is nonsense. There are 2 genders in the human species. Male and female. Why can't these judges use common sense. North Carolina is right.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #186 on: May 16, 2016, 07:09:51 PM »

I still think Title IX doesn't apply here, and I doubt that a court would rule that it does. Title IX deals with sex, not gender identity, and it would take a bill passed in Congress to change it.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #187 on: May 16, 2016, 07:15:43 PM »

Nope. Court got it wrong again. The student was born a girl, she should use the girls restrooms. This trans stuff is nonsense. There are 2 genders in the human species. Male and female. Why can't these judges use common sense. North Carolina is right.

Ah, it's the old "I don't like thinking about transgenderism, so I'll just pretend it doesn't exist."

(My current position on the whole bathroom/locker room thing is to only allow new sex bathroom usage after surgery, but provide unisex facilities before that point. I'll accept whatever enforcement mechanisms are needed to enforce that sort of restriction; I just don't trust the human race enough to go by a "honor code".)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #188 on: May 16, 2016, 11:47:05 PM »

'Enforcement mechanisms' tend to be absolutely repugnant, invasive, and, frankly, profoundly creepy to most people, though.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #189 on: May 16, 2016, 11:59:54 PM »

Nope. Court got it wrong again. The student was born a girl, she should use the girls restrooms. This trans stuff is nonsense. There are 2 genders in the human species. Male and female.

It's almost like you've never heard of the brain and/or mind. Have you ever heard the phrase, "don't a judge a book by its cover" ? What do you know about the science behind this?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2016, 01:16:36 AM »

Do liberals want a lawless society, or do they want an authoritarian regime that represses free speech?  I can never tell.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2016, 01:18:39 AM »

Do liberals want a lawless society, or do they want an authoritarian regime that represses free speech?  I can never tell.

Assuming the worst, what liberal democrats want is 1) ultimate sexual freedom, 2) mandatory confiscation of guns, 3) weakening of the first amendment.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2016, 04:52:57 AM »

Nope. Court got it wrong again. The student was born a girl, she should use the girls restrooms. This trans stuff is nonsense. There are 2 genders in the human species. Male and female.

It's almost like you've never heard of the brain and/or mind.

well, you see, it's difficult for someone who has neither to comprehend the idea
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies