North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:18:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans  (Read 15228 times)
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2016, 01:22:40 PM »

See that's why we want to ban hormone therapy and prohibit sex change operations from being covered by insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid. That way those women don't get to grow beards and still have to use the correct restroom.

Good to know you openly support effectively eliminating an entire group of people because you're uncomfortable with their existence.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2016, 03:32:47 PM »

See that's why we want to ban hormone therapy and prohibit sex change operations from being covered by insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid. That way those women don't get to grow beards and still have to use the correct restroom.

Good to know you openly support effectively eliminating an entire group of people because you're uncomfortable with their existence.

That's the whole point: to keep things the way they've always been, and to put certain people back in their places.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2016, 03:35:52 PM »

You are really a gross, gross person.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2016, 03:44:30 PM »

That's the whole point: to keep things the way they've always been, and to put certain people back in their places.

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2016, 03:51:41 PM »

You make me happy to be a registered Republican Smiley
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2016, 04:03:44 PM »

This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2016, 04:08:21 PM »

You make me happy to be a registered Republican Smiley

Believe me, I doubt any of the Democrats want Wolverine either.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2016, 04:55:01 PM »

Guys, if it wasn't already painfully obvious that Wolverine is satirizing the right-wing anti-transgender movement by imitating a 1950s segregationist, I think this post will convince you:

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2016, 04:55:35 PM »

...I thought you were openly gay? How on earth do you justify something with "that's the way things have always been"?
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2016, 05:30:51 PM »

Guys, if it wasn't already painfully obvious that Wolverine is satirizing the right-wing anti-transgender movement by imitating a 1950s segregationist, I think this post will convince you:

Except, as he's told us openly multiple times on both forums, he's not being satirical.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2016, 05:41:19 PM »

...I thought you were openly gay? How on earth do you justify something with "that's the way things have always been"?

Being gay =/= automatically supporting transgender. My sexuality doesn't hinder my critical thinking skills.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2016, 05:42:31 PM »

Being gay =/= automatically supporting transgender. My sexuality doesn't hinder my critical thinking skills.

Your sexuality doesn't hinder your critical thinking skills, your brain does.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2016, 05:59:10 PM »

Except, as he's told us openly multiple times on both forums, he's not being satirical.

Yeah, he was calling for protesters to literally be burned alive in Oregon. Not surprising.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2016, 06:11:30 PM »

Based on some other posts I've seen from him here and on AAD, the only type of person Wolverine wants to see in men's restrooms is 15 year-old boys.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2016, 06:37:10 PM »

No, I mean the specific "that's the way things have always been" argument. Almost every anti-gay argument uses the "that's the way things have always been" rhetoric, so why on earth would you use that to justify your own argument against transgender individuals. It would weaken your argument for being pro-LGB (minus the T, since you're not in favor of that).
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2016, 06:39:43 PM »

I dunno, Wolverine is acting like a hammy villain character in a pro-LGBT melodrama (mwahaha, I shall put these trannies in their place, the jerry springer reference etc); but he previously has seemed fairly sincere in his views. Perhaps he's trying to ham it up so he can pretend he was faking all along?
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2016, 06:52:19 PM »

Based on some other posts I've seen from him here and on AAD, the only type of person Wolverine wants to see in men's restrooms is 15 year-old boys.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...that's a rather bold statement.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2016, 09:18:14 PM »

I dunno, Wolverine is acting like a hammy villain character in a pro-LGBT melodrama (mwahaha, I shall put these trannies in their place, the jerry springer reference etc); but he previously has seemed fairly sincere in his views. Perhaps he's trying to ham it up so he can pretend he was faking all along?

Yeah, at this point, I have to believe he's not being entirely serious.

Not that this excuses his hatefulness in any way.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2016, 10:32:14 AM »

I guess the rest of my life I'll be labeled a conservadem.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2016, 11:05:32 AM »

You do realize that you're not stuck forever with the political identity that you were born with, right?  With hormone therapy, you could do a full transition to conservative.  (Too soon?)
Hydera

« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2016, 11:17:59 AM »
« Edited: March 30, 2016, 11:21:45 AM by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) »

OR he's so attracted to transwomen he really really wants so see them when he goes to the men's restroom.

Meanwhile he wants transmen in the female restroom, thats not very gay of him. Does this make him homoflexible?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2016, 01:12:27 PM »

Don't insult conservadems.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2016, 04:28:11 PM »

OR he's so attracted to transwomen he really really wants so see them when he goes to the men's restroom.

Meanwhile he wants transmen in the female restroom, thats not very gay of him. Does this make him homoflexible?

No, this is what it boils down to, and this is not an unreasonable viewpoint:

SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2016, 04:33:30 PM »

I have opposed every religious freedom bill, support LGBT Marriage and adoption, I strongly support ENDA, but I stand with Gov. McCrory and the NC GOP on this issue.

This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2016, 04:36:05 PM »

No, this is what it boils down to, and this is not an unreasonable viewpoint:

You do realize that you could use more or less the exact same arguments to support discrimination against homosexuals?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies