North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:14:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans  (Read 15273 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 24, 2016, 10:47:38 AM »

Now why get rid of anti-discrimination measures? The bathroom issue is a completely separate issue, but as far as that bill goes, it's just too far. Roy Cooper was right when he said that 2016 will be a fight for the heart and soul of North Carolina.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 01:24:23 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2016, 01:30:58 PM by Wolverine22 »

It's just part of the big plan to end this transgender sideshow:

1. States and the federal government should not allow legal gender marker changes.

2. Transgender people should not have any legal protections against discrimination, nor should anyone be forced to respect their identity.

3. Transgender people should not be legally allowed to use facilities in accordance with their gender identity.

4. Medical coverage related to transition should not be provided by the government, or any other entity.

5. Transgender people should not be allowed to serve in the military.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 02:16:00 PM »

1. States and the federal government should not allow legal gender marker changes.

2. Transgender people should not have any legal protections against discrimination, nor should anyone be forced to respect their identity.

3. Transgender people should not be legally allowed to use facilities in accordance with their gender identity.

4. Medical coverage related to transition should not be provided by the government, or any other entity.

Get your head out of the clouds and realize that transgenderism is not a fairy tale. Whatever happened to you talking to someone and changing your mind on this issue?  I do hope you never try to run for office as a democrat - the party would never accept someone with your position on this issue.

By the time I'm middle aged, bald, and ready to run for elected office, I get the feeling that by that time, transgenderism will be the new abortion, the new divisive wedge social issue. And frankly, I don't mind being the future equivalent of a pro-life Democrat. Bob Casey sure hasn't had any trouble.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 02:45:37 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2016, 05:43:44 PM by Wolverine22 »

Get your head out of the clouds and realize that transgenderism is not a fairy tale. Whatever happened to you talking to someone and changing your mind on this issue?  I do hope you never try to run for office as a democrat - the party would never accept someone with your position on this issue.

By the time I'm middle aged, bald, and ready to run for elected office, I get the feeling that by that time, transgenderism will be the new abortion, the new divisive wedge social issue. And frankly, I don't mind being the future equivalent of a pro-life Democrat. Bob Casey sure hasn't had any trouble.

Are you seriously that deluded?

Luckily you probably won't get much further than winning 2% of the vote in a primary for city councilor.

Yeah whatever. I feel like I fit nicely into the New Democrat mold.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 03:09:00 PM »

NC just passed this anti-gay, anti-trans bill.  It's probably the most stupid thing that's ever been cooked up by an activist legislature. 

I doubt that any one of the people that voted for it, including the Governor, even have the faintest idea about what transgender means.

The conservatives suggest that this is because they don't want men going into women's bathrooms?

Do they have any idea what trans people look like?

These are the guys that will be now walking into women's restrooms because of this stupid-ass law:

So the law is going to do exactly what it was trying to stop:

It's going to put men in women's bathrooms.

And teenage girls will be forced to go into men's bathrooms:

Good job, NC Republicans.  Maybe next time you might want to use your brains when writing a law.

See that's why we want to ban hormone therapy and prohibit sex change operations from being covered by insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid. That way those women don't get to grow beards and still have to use the correct restroom.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 12:00:45 PM »

Well, this is a silly law. It's even sillier it was passed and signed by the governor. NC is at risk of losing a lot of business now, which is a high price to pay to make sure everyone is using the correct restroom

You failed to define "correct".

Honestly, I don't think there's any coherent way to legislate the [Inks]ing bathroom issue one way or another.

What's the bathroom issue that needs correcting? That is, "one way or another" seems to imply that there's something happening in need of corrective action, but I haven't seen any evidence of this at all.

It's simple: no men in women's bathrooms. No women in men's bathrooms. That shouldn't even be debatable. I don't know how you can see that:

and not agree with me. That sort of thing belongs on Jerry Springer, not in the mainstream. I don't see this as a partisan issue, it's not a right vs left issue, it's a right vs wrong issue.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 03:32:47 PM »

See that's why we want to ban hormone therapy and prohibit sex change operations from being covered by insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid. That way those women don't get to grow beards and still have to use the correct restroom.

Good to know you openly support effectively eliminating an entire group of people because you're uncomfortable with their existence.

That's the whole point: to keep things the way they've always been, and to put certain people back in their places.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 05:41:19 PM »

Good to know you openly support effectively eliminating an entire group of people because you're uncomfortable with their existence.

That's the whole point: to keep things the way they've always been, and to put certain people back in their places.

...I thought you were openly gay? How on earth do you justify something with "that's the way things have always been"?

Being gay =/= automatically supporting transgender. My sexuality doesn't hinder my critical thinking skills.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 06:52:19 PM »

...I thought you were openly gay? How on earth do you justify something with "that's the way things have always been"?

Based on some other posts I've seen from him here and on AAD, the only type of person Wolverine wants to see in men's restrooms is 15 year-old boys.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...that's a rather bold statement.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 10:32:14 AM »

I guess the rest of my life I'll be labeled a conservadem.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 04:28:11 PM »

Based on some other posts I've seen from him here and on AAD, the only type of person Wolverine wants to see in men's restrooms is 15 year-old boys.

OR he's so attracted to transwomen he really really wants so see them when he goes to the men's restroom.

Meanwhile he wants transmen in the female restroom, thats not very gay of him. Does this make him homoflexible?

No, this is what it boils down to, and this is not an unreasonable viewpoint:

Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 04:40:24 PM »

OR he's so attracted to transwomen he really really wants so see them when he goes to the men's restroom.

Meanwhile he wants transmen in the female restroom, thats not very gay of him. Does this make him homoflexible?

No, this is what it boils down to, and this is not an unreasonable viewpoint:

You do realize that you could use more or less the exact same arguments to support discrimination against homosexuals?

No, it really can't. As gays and lesbians, we're genetically and biologically driven to be attracted to the same sex. Transgender is fighting your very chromosomes and body parts. There's a pretty big difference.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 04:55:54 PM »

I will tell you where my views came from. I spent two years on a major university campus, and in attending semi-regularly the LGBT group, I found that the vast majority of the members were either completely transgender, or said they were "non-binary" and had come up with all these words that aren't in the dictionary that they wanted to be called instead of he and she. Not only that, but they were the same thin-skinned "safe space" assholes that are taking over other college campuses. There was even one girl who thought she should have been born a cat, so she painted her face like a cat, complete with plastic whiskers every day.

One girl blew up at me because I dared call her ma'am, as you're supposed to call a woman whose name you don't know or can't remember, and had I had my wits about me, this would have been my reaction to both her temper tantrum and her little "gender identity:"

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wT5ycFi8Xvw

There was even one girl who went so far as to drop $400 into legally changing her name to Max because she was so angry at people laughing at her idea that she wasn't a man or a woman, despite her clearly being a woman.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 05:05:14 PM »

I will tell you where my views came from. I spent two years on a major university campus, and in attending semi-regularly the LGBT group, I found that the vast majority of the members were either completely transgender, or said they were "non-binary" and had come up with all these words that aren't in the dictionary that they wanted to be called instead of he and she. Not only that, but they were the same thin-skinned "safe space" assholes that are taking over other college campuses. There was even one girl who thought she should have been born a cat, so she painted her face like a cat, complete with plastic whiskers every day.

One girl blew up at me because I dared call her ma'am, as you're supposed to call a woman whose name you don't know or can't remember, and had I had my wits about me, this would have been my reaction to both her temper tantrum and her little "gender identity:"

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wT5ycFi8Xvw

There was even one girl who went so far as to drop $400 into legally changing her name to Max because she was so angry at people laughing at her idea that she wasn't a man or a woman, despite her clearly being a woman.

This must have been a really horrific trauma. Clearly you need a safe space to recover. Sorry if we triggered you.

You wanted an honest answer about why I feel the way I do, you got it.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2016, 03:30:48 PM »

So in that case, how can we accommodate transgender people humanely and respectfully, while still addressing situations like this: http://www.krem.com/news/local/northwest/man-in-womens-locker-room-cites-gender-rule/45412534 / http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/26/predator-who-claimed-to-be-transgender-declared-dangerous-offender

Would mandating that public buildings designate unisex restrooms be acceptable? I'm not being sarcastic here, and I'm actually asking this as a legitimate question. Is there a middle ground we can find?
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 11:23:03 PM »

It's a good point about psychiatry when they say that there's no cure for a lot of those disorders, so we have to make a person comfortable with whatever they have. After giving this a lot of thought, especially after I pissed off so many people over this, I found that I can somewhat relate to how transgender people feel through my own psychological issues, namely major depression and Aspergers. If you can't just tell me to stop being an aspie, you can't tell somebody else to stop being Trans. And yes, I'm being genuine here and I'm not BSing. Live and let live.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 11:50:53 PM »

Normalizing mental illness, as in, your nutty religious beliefs?  Thanks for the projection.

Whoever made this video seriously needs a grammar lesson. "This is an mental illness." You lose all credibility when you can't even put a proper sentence together.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 10:41:18 AM »

It's a good point about psychiatry when they say that there's no cure for a lot of those disorders, so we have to make a person comfortable with whatever they have. After giving this a lot of thought, especially after I pissed off so many people over this, I found that I can somewhat relate to how transgender people feel through my own psychological issues, namely major depression and Aspergers. If you can't just tell me to stop being an aspie, you can't tell somebody else to stop being Trans. And yes, I'm being genuine here and I'm not BSing. Live and let live.

Smiley

I suggest the above poster read the above.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2016, 08:18:23 AM »

There's another lawsuit in the making. Title IX deals with sex, not gender identity, so regardless of how one feels about the transgender issue, I think it's still a stretch to interpret it as such. Now obviously that doesn't preclude Congress from amending Title IX though.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2016, 07:09:51 PM »

I still think Title IX doesn't apply here, and I doubt that a court would rule that it does. Title IX deals with sex, not gender identity, and it would take a bill passed in Congress to change it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies