North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:26:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans  (Read 15270 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: March 24, 2016, 12:28:15 PM »

We must do everything to protect those poor poor straight Christians.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 12:22:35 PM »

As the above pictures demonstrate, I do love that laws likes these trying to stop 'women' using mens rooms and 'men' (commas not mine) using womens rooms actually ends up with women using mens rooms and men using womens rooms.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 05:31:47 PM »

Honestly, I don't think there's any coherent way to legislate the [Inks]ing bathroom issue one way or another.

The question is, why would anyone try to in the first place?

Exactly.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 08:19:45 AM »

It really looks to me like the SJWs are going to lose this one. North Carolina doesn't seem to care if a few musicians cancel concerts or the NBA moves the All-Star Game.

> only SJW's care about not treating LGBT's like $hit.

SJW is now a cheap short handed label to put on any progressive policy position. It's replaced 'PC' (which itself came into fashion when you couldn't call people 'uppity negroes' anymore) as the new moniker to be deployed by thin skinned, prissy, conservatives.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 02:17:21 PM »

What I am trying to figure out is how far does "Not judging and giving people their expression rights" go?

We are at a point right now where liberals say we are terrible people unless we agree that men who say they identify as women should be allowed to use the bathroom of their choice.

Are we on track to say, "If that person wants to have sex with children, we shouldn't judge..." ?? I mean, where is the line in the sand drawn? That's what I'm asking.

Why does that pre-occupy you? And that's a serious question.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 12:01:47 PM »

Why does that pre-occupy you? And that's a serious question.

These things pre-occupy me because I don't want America to become a lawless society. I keep getting the impression that liberals don't want any laws at all. They want to dismantle institutions because they believe society "holds people back", and they want to enforce their leftist viewpoints, even if it takes away people's individual rights.

Liberals seem to believe in freedom of speech, unless it's anything they disagree with. Then it's dubbed "hate speech" and they force silence.

Liberals seem to preach freedom and respect for rights under the Constitution, unless it's Religious freedoms, which they deem "discriminatory", so then they want to stop it.

Am I wrong?

I was asking why your mind wandered to the idea of people having sex with children.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies