Female Voters Turning Against Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:01:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Female Voters Turning Against Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Female Voters Turning Against Trump  (Read 2374 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2016, 10:45:15 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/campaign-2016-how-do-women-voters-really-feel-about-donald-trump/

Looks like his comments are finally catching up with him.

Could this be the beginning of the end?

It's been predicted before, but he keeps coming back up.
Panda Express

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 10:54:52 PM »

Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -5.57

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 11:06:58 PM »

As has been demonstrated time and time again, the answer to that question is always "no." People really ought to stop asking it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 11:07:29 PM »

But... but Lief told me Bernie was the only sexist candidate!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 11:10:23 PM »

As has been demonstrated time and time again, the answer to that question is always "no." People really ought to stop asking it.

National polling trends put "the beginning of Trump's end" back sometime around the start of March. It doesn't really matter how the R nomination contest goes for him if he can't turn that around. (And no, I don't think he can.)
P123

Political Matrix
E: 3.64, S: 3.20

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 11:11:48 PM »

National polling trends put "the beginning of Trump's end" back sometime around the start of March. It doesn't really matter how the R nomination contest goes for him if he can't turn that around. (And no, I don't think he can.)

If it is really "the end" for Trump it will occur in the general election, not in the Republican primaries.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 12:37:29 AM »

I agree its and HUGE issue for him in a GE. I assume this is the one area Cory lacks any control over Trumps campagain and the candidate himself.   The feud with Kelly is not helping him as much as he wants to believe.  Of course he can turn this around slightly before the start of the GE season.  My advise .. go on Kelly's show for a 1hr interview with her and at the end apologize sure it will take a hit to his tough guy persona but it will problem help with republican women(some)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 12:49:14 AM »

I agree its and HUGE issue for him in a GE. I assume this is the one area Cory lacks any control over Trumps campagain and the candidate himself.   The feud with Kelly is not helping him as much as he wants to believe.  Of course he can turn this around slightly before the start of the GE season.  My advise .. go on Kelly's show for a 1hr interview with her and at the end apologize sure it will take a hit to his tough guy persona but it will problem help with republican women(some)

Can Trump survive a one-hour interview with her?

If she spends the whole hour letting him blather and lobbing softballs, her professional rep takes a massive hit. But it's become obvious that Trump melts when asked even friendly or neutral detail-oriented questions (the kind of thing Jeb was, and Kasich is quite good at). Kelly could be perfectly polite, and still grind him into paste by making it obvious that he's shallower than Sarah Palin.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 01:48:16 AM »

The question is "How does a female react.to the Megyn Kelly situation?"

I am not a woman, and i dont pretend to know how they would perceive his interactions with her.

It's going to be an issue unless he stops and apologizes as you say.

Could you imagine how much airtime Trump would get if he apologised to women and veterans.

Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 01:48:55 AM »

That's the beginning of the organized anti-Trump effort. You really need to start reading these national polls in the context of the current stage of the race (i.e. contested Pub primary), which means that a lot of Pubs are against Trump. They will come home by November, like the PUMAs.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 01:50:28 AM »

The words of the sniveling liar Trump are coming back to haunt him.

He is weakened in the primaries and if the Republicans are stupid enough to nominate him, he is doomed.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 01:50:37 AM »

Can Trump survive a one-hour interview with her?

If she spends the whole hour letting him blather and lobbing softballs, her professional rep takes a massive hit. But it's become obvious that Trump melts when asked even friendly or neutral detail-oriented questions (the kind of thing Jeb was, and Kasich is quite good at). Kelly could be perfectly polite, and still grind him into paste by making it obvious that he's shallower than Sarah Palin.

Trump is smart enough to think on the fly and really only needs a briefing on policy issues which it appears his campagain is now doing more.  BTW voters really don't care for a walking policy candidate its boring.. if i remember correctly Obama couldn't really give too many details on his own healthcare plan.  So the campaign is really more about a candidates vision not hard detailed policy.  I say let her ask away its not like she can start asking a bunch of gotcha questions because her own credibility would be at stake.

Going on her show could be a huge win for Trump in the end.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 02:45:40 PM »

Ann Coulter (a Trump supporter) said women shouldn't be allowed to vote.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2016, 02:48:15 PM »

Trump will lose angry NH women by the same margin as MS Blacks.

Are you going to keep bringing up these mythical 'angry NH women' at every opportunity?
indietraveler

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2016, 03:36:30 PM »

Is Ann Coulter still a thing?

I think Trump's in trouble running against a woman.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 04:12:17 PM »

This will be hysterical in the general election in which Trump will find the women's vote in the general election is very different from women in the Republican Primary.  Especially running against someone who could be the first female president.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 04:18:40 PM »

This will be hysterical in the general election in which Trump will find the women's vote in the general election is very different from women in the Republican Primary.  Especially running against someone who could be the first female president.

It's probably going to be the largest gender gap in history - especially if he keeps up his current behavior.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 07:42:57 PM »

Then she can't vote.

She is just like the candidate she endorses. She's contradictory.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2016, 05:04:48 AM »

There's much time till November 8. I'm sure that Ivanka will help him a lot. And, maybe, a female vice presidential candidate.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2016, 08:56:34 PM »

There's much time till November 8. I'm sure that Ivanka will help him a lot. And, maybe, a female vice presidential candidate.

Agreed. Those who are quick to discount Mr. Trump should stop and think: he is the Republican frontrunner for a reason, and that reason applies not just to white male voters.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2016, 09:01:24 PM »

Ann Coulter is the intellectual equivalent of a 2003 damaged General Electric refrigerator.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2016, 09:33:09 PM »

That's the beginning of the organized anti-Trump effort. You really need to start reading these national polls in the context of the current stage of the race (i.e. contested Pub primary), which means that a lot of Pubs are against Trump. They will come home by November, like the PUMAs.

One thing I notice is that many of the women Trump has insulted are REPUBLICAN women.  Heidi Cruz.  Carly Fiorina.  Megyn Kelly.  These folks are not folks who generate a lot of sympathy amongst Democratic and liberal women, and Republican women have heard so much against Hillary that they can probably bring themselves to vote for Trump and puke later.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2016, 09:38:41 PM »

Must see video. It's only 2 minutes long.
Here is the link Sad http://www.hulu.com/watch/922521

This was aired on Sunday March 27th, on NBC's Meet The Press show.
Chuck Todd (host) does a short segment on the show dealing with numbers, statistics and polls.
If is very informative. This segment of the show is called "Data Download."

The topic this time was titled "Can Trump win over female voters?"
The numbers expressed in this video are staggering !!
Trump is currently behind with women with enormous deficits.
Chuck Todd compares the current overall women and white women stats, from what trump currently has to what Romney had in 2012.

Please watch and discuss.
Here is the link again : http://www.hulu.com/watch/922521
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2016, 09:45:09 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2016, 09:48:51 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Agreed. Those who are quick to discount Mr. Trump should stop and think: he is the Republican frontrunner for a reason, and that reason applies not just to white male voters.

I brought these comments (quotes above) from another thread that also dealt with women voters for/against Trump.
I think Atlas members President Johnson and SillyAmerican, may want to rethink their current view of the situation.
;-)
Fargobison

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2016, 10:10:49 PM »

Yep...this is what unelectability looks like....

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies