Kerry tries to defeat Bush again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:40:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Kerry tries to defeat Bush again (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry tries to defeat Bush again  (Read 2718 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: June 04, 2005, 06:15:20 PM »

I don't believe it because I think don't think Kerry is willing to ruin his political legacy.

He also promised when he conceded on November 3, that he wanted all Americans to get behind President Bush.  He may not agree with his policies, but he does not want to send his beloved country that he "fought" for to be thrown into a political and economical upheaval.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 05:56:31 PM »

Again, the memo is fact.

It's actually only one document in a long list of documents showing that Bush was planning to invade Iraq since 1999.

If he'd only spent as much time pre-9/11 reading memos about terrorism as he spent planning an invasion of Iraq, we wouldn't be in this mess.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/6/5/184322/3073

Bill Clinton did not take terrorism seriously even after 1993 Waco, the 1993 WTC bombings, the 1995 OKC bombing, and the rash of school shootings in 1998-2000.  So, how can you criticize Bush for being lax on terrorism before 9/11, when his predecessor did not take it seriously.  Sure, Clinton looked at Osama Bin Laden and even tried to punish Saddam Hussein, but he didn't actively try to remove the thorn in the world's side, known as Saddam Hussein.

Only George W. Bush had the guts to take a big political gamble and remove the threat from Iraq.  I do admit that the Bush administration went into Iraq without a plan to win the peace (such as why we're in the insurgent mess today), but at least he tried.  I believe he is still actively looking for Bin Laden, just as he is al-Zarqawi and the other al-Qaeda terrorists and terrorists from other organizations.  By the way, Bush won that gamble at least by being re-elected by a bigger margin than he was appointed President in 2000.

I'm not angry, I'm just pointing out the facts how I see them.

Jeff
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 05:58:22 PM »

Again, the memo is fact.

It's actually only one document in a long list of documents showing that Bush was planning to invade Iraq since 1999.

If he'd only spent as much time pre-9/11 reading memos about terrorism as he spent planning an invasion of Iraq, we wouldn't be in this mess.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/6/5/184322/3073

Bill Clinton did not take terrorism seriously even after 1993 Waco, the 1993 WTC bombings, the 1995 OKC bombing, and the rash of school shootings in 1998-2000. So, how can you criticize Bush for being lax on terrorism before 9/11, when his predecessor did not take it seriously. Sure, Clinton looked at Osama Bin Laden and even tried to punish Saddam Hussein, but he didn't actively try to remove the thorn in the world's side, known as Saddam Hussein.

Only George W. Bush had the guts to take a big political gamble and remove the threat from Iraq. I do admit that the Bush administration went into Iraq without a plan to win the peace (such as why we're in the insurgent mess today), but at least he tried. I believe he is still actively looking for Bin Laden, just as he is al-Zarqawi and the other al-Qaeda terrorists and terrorists from other organizations. By the way, Bush won that gamble at least by being re-elected by a bigger margin than he was appointed President in 2000.

I'm not angry, I'm just pointing out the facts how I see them.

Jeff

By the way, the war on terror will never be won until the world ends.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 06:54:11 PM »

If you want to think about it, after Vietnam, nobody really thought of terrorism as a big threat until the 9/11 attacks (that includes Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton, and Bush 43).  Both parties had a major lapse of judgement.  I'm not blaming Clinton or Bush by themselves, but I do place the blame on both parties and most Americans (including myself) for allowing the terrorists to sneak up like they did.  I may not have had any say-so in government at 9/11 (as I was 19), but I do think I could have realized it a lot sooner and therefore started praying about it.

Dubya is right when he says that every war from here on out will be fought with different kinds of weapons.  They will no longer be just infantry or cavalry or guerilla, but a whole bunch of "more advanced" weapons will be used by both sides.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies