Kerry tries to defeat Bush again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:28:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Kerry tries to defeat Bush again (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry tries to defeat Bush again  (Read 2730 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: June 04, 2005, 10:20:25 PM »

As far as I can tell, that headline is a blatant lie, plain and simple.  I can't sugarcoat this accusation.

After some research, here's what John Kerry has actually said about the memo:

"When I go back [to Washington] on Monday, I am going to raise the issue [of the Downing Street Memo].  I think it's a stunning, unbelievably simple and understandable statement of the truth and a profoundly important document that raises stunning issues here at home."

Number of references made to the possibility of impeaching George W. Bush: 0.

Make of what he said above as you will, but he's not calling for Bush's impeachment.

There is a call for the impeachment of Bush, but it's not coming from Kerry.  It's coming from - guess who - Ralph Nader, who had the following to say:

"It is time for Congress to investigate the illegal Iraq war as we move toward the third year of the endless quagmire that many security experts believe jeopardizes US safety by recruiting and training more terrorists.  A Resolution of Impeachment would be a first step."

al-Jazeera's attempt to link what Kerry had to say with Nader's call for impeachment is wrong, at best, and a blatant, intentional fabrication, at worst.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 01:02:55 AM »

For anyone who's too lazy to find the text of the Downing Street Memo, it can be found here:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1593607,00.html

Note that there are three pages; links to the second and third can be found at the bottom of that webpage.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies