EURO 2016 Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:03:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  EURO 2016 Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EURO 2016 Thread  (Read 9301 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: June 13, 2016, 03:37:32 PM »

Oh gosh, our defense is playing like hot garbage. We don't deserve to win this one (if we do, knock on wood) - if only Belgium got an opportunity on net.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 06:55:07 PM »

What the heck, I'll toss out crazy picks for the final match days of the group stage if I remember to.

Russia 1-1 Wales
Slovakia 2-1 England

Slovakia 6
England 4
Wales 4
Russia 2

(I won't guess the discipline tiebreaker since they are currently tied in that too. I'd imagine both advance under such a scenario as D or F should yield a lower ranking team. And if that fails, E would be likely as well with Swedish and Irish losses or draws against rather good teams.)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 05:10:26 PM »

The lopsidedness of the distribution of teams in the knockout bracket is beyond ridiculous: You have Germany, Italy, Spain, France and England all on one half!

Seriously... On the other side you have Wales, N. Ireland, Croatia, Switzerland, Hungary, and Poland...

No love for the Swiss? Sad
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 10:29:01 AM »

Some of the sides in the 'weak' half of the draw have played good attacking football. But whatever: I learned years ago that most people talking about sport (any sport) on the internet haven't got a fycking clue what they're talking about.

Most people tend not to actually watch much of a sport and the gut reaction is things that sound familiar are good (or even worse is when they begin repeating talk radio opinions as biblical).
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 11:23:53 AM »
« Edited: June 28, 2016, 11:25:42 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Germany is gonna sleepwalk to this title, and I love it!

P.S. @ Americans who watch international, non-US soccer:

Does anyone else cheer (at least somewhat enthusiastically) for the European soccer team of his/her ancestry?  My friends and I are all ardent USA fans first obviously, but for things like EURO or the World Cup once we're eliminated, we all have a friendly type of rivalry with the European teams (i.e., I cheer for Germany, my friends of Irish ancestry cheer for Ireland, my friend who's Italian is a big Italy fan, etc.).

Lol, America. JOKE COUNTRY #ItaliaOnly
The 2006 celebrations were fantastic here. It's a shame I was in Boston for the immediate aftermath, but I returned home quickly enough to see.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 03:41:27 PM »

My home just erupted - the decision to schedule the family party today nearly nipped me. Glad we had at least one moment.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 06:31:23 PM »

Pelle should be deported for that weak attempt. He is fully responsible for this pathetic shortcoming.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies