Christians... why do you identify as Christian? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:58:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Christians... why do you identify as Christian? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Christians... why do you identify as Christian?  (Read 4469 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« on: March 26, 2016, 10:13:55 PM »

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the second person of the Holy Trinity, who was incarnate as a man, was crucified and died for our sake, and rose again from the dead. I believe that man was created good in the image and likeness of God, but God in his love gave us the free will to reject him, and that mankind, through our free will, is in a fallen state. I believe that God instituted a plan for our salvation, beginning with the revelation to Israel and culminating with Christ's sacrifice.

In a logistical sense, these are many of the core beliefs of Christianity. They are not necessarily at odds with more abstract conceptions, but are in my view the most straightforward answer to this question.
I'm not asking what you believe, I'm asking WHY do you believe, WHY do you call yourself Christian. Why do you feel attracted to Christianity, above all other religions and philosophies and paths?
TJ's reply seems very logical to me. He identifies as a Christian because he believes that. That's why he feels attracted to Christianity.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies