Poll: How embarrassing is Trump/Rep. conduct to you ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:03:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Poll: How embarrassing is Trump/Rep. conduct to you ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: How embarrassing is trump and the Republican campaigns’ conduct in the primaries so far ?
I’m Rep & it’s very embarrassing

I’m a non-Rep & it’s very emarrassing

I’m Rep & it’s somewhat embarrassing

I’m a non-Rep & it’s somewhat embarrassing

I’m Rep & it’s not embarrassing at all

I’m a non-Rep & it’s not embarrassing at all

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 108

Author Topic: Poll: How embarrassing is Trump/Rep. conduct to you ?  (Read 1615 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 26, 2016, 04:03:17 PM »

Question: How embarrassing is trump and the Republican campaigns’ conduct in the primaries so far ?

All this ridiculous conduct by trump in the Republican primaries has been such a clownish embarrassment to the party.
It's all one big circus for the Pubs, and it's making us look really bad to many around the world (it has always been somewhat odd before, but now its just disgracefully awful).

Vote and discuss.
indietraveler

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 04:10:01 PM »

The party overall is embarrassing as an adult.

Trump is embarrassing as a human.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 04:20:24 PM »

Just as an American, I feel very embarrassed with what has been happening. Trump has turned our election into a big joke and I don't even want to know what other countries think of this.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 04:23:58 PM »

The party overall is embarrassing as an adult.

Trump is embarrassing as a human.

What's really awful is that the rest of them aren't any better, except for Kasich.

I want people to think about this:  The GOP candidates all lambaste Trump for his "character".  Then, after they do, most of them insist that he's better for the country than Hillary Clinton.  Either they are deluded to the max, or the campaign is, truly, a WWE-style "scripted" event.  Donald Trump's the designated "heel".  Kasich is the impotent "good guy".  Ted Cruz left Hogan's NWO and started the Wolfpack.  Rubio's the Konnan (or the Dean Malenko) of politics.  

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 04:34:37 PM »

It's the opposite of embarrassing.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 04:37:03 PM »

europe is electing far right hate groups to positions of power and WE are the ones that should be embarrassed.

guess what- trump is closer to a european conservative than ANY of the other republicans running.

He supports national healthcare, the welfare state, immigration reform, is irreligious.

The only thing david cameron and donald trump differ on is trade and the scope of their immigation views.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 04:39:04 PM »

It's very embarrassing and damaging the party and its chances of winning in November (not a troll).

haha, I remember after the 2012 loss, you liberals were telling us that "you guys, if you want to win, need to moderate on social views and welfare rhetoric".

A secular new york moderate who supports national healthcare is about to be nominated and y'all are noiw saying the opposite of what you were saying in 2012.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 04:50:16 PM »

It's very embarrassing and damaging the party and its chances of winning in November (not a troll).

haha, I remember after the 2012 loss, you liberals were telling us that "you guys, if you want to win, need to moderate on social views and welfare rhetoric".

A secular new york moderate who supports national healthcare is about to be nominated and y'all are noiw saying the opposite of what you were saying in 2012.

I'm not a liberal, I support Kasich and would maybe support Trump in the general. I just don't want to throw this election away.

whoever wins is going to have a bumpy four years. CBO projects that the deficit will start rising fast around 2017. Global economic headwinds could result in mild recession on the homefront.

let hillary win in 2016, ensure that the average american has an absolutely terrible experience with her as prez, and get her out in 2020.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 04:55:12 PM »

I'm not a liberal, I support Kasich and would maybe support Trump in the general. I just don't want to throw this election away.

whoever wins is going to have a bumpy four years. CBO projects that the deficit will start rising fast around 2017. Global economic headwinds could result in mild recession on the homefront.

let hillary win in 2016, ensure that the average american has an absolutely terrible experience with her as prez, and get her out in 2020.

You mean similar to how the economy went/was so bad in the first term for Obama, and then America re-elected him.
Yeah .... sounds like a safe-proof plan.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 04:58:18 PM »

You mean similar to how the economy went/was so bad in the first term for Obama, and then America re-elected him.

exit polls in 2012 showed that a majority of americans thought bush was more to blame for the 2012 slow recovery than obama. Hillary won't have that benefit if a new recession occurs nearly ten years after 2008.

Did voters in 92 blame carter for the 1991 economic slowdown?
senyor_brownbear
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 05:01:27 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2016, 05:03:00 PM by senyor_brownbear »

I guess liberals taking over the courts for the first time in 50 years is no big deal, right?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 05:06:09 PM »

I guess liberals taking over the courts for the first time in 40+ years is no big deal, right?

as if that isn't inevitable. Look, the american society that alexis de Tocqueville glorifies in his magnum opus, the one that conservatives hold sacred, of suburbs and fourth of july parties and farmers and religion is over. American conservatism is unique in that its roots are in an economic and philosophical world view unique to european heritage (john locke, bastiat, etc).

With the exponential growth in non-european americans, who knows where conservatism will go, but the one that values free markets, civil society, church life, etc is gone.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 05:07:22 PM »

exit polls in 2012 showed that a majority of americans thought bush was more to blame for the 2012 slow recovery than obama. Hillary won't have that benefit if a new recession occurs nearly ten years after 2008.

How large is this crystal ball you own and is telling you all this ?
"Global economic headwinds" and a new "mild recession on the homefront."
Americans "blaming" versus the next president not "having that benefit."
All very speculative to me.
(PS: Did your last horse win during the Kentucky Derby ?)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2016, 05:13:35 PM »

How large is this crystal ball you own and is telling you all this ?
"Global economic headwinds" and a new "mild recession on the homefront."
Americans "blaming" versus the next president not "having that benefit."
All very speculative to me.
(PS: Did your last horse win during the Kentucky Derby ?)
it's not speculation. When has america ever gone more than ten years without some form of an economic contraction?

It's called the business cycle.

Let's go back 30 years and review

1983- start of a recovery. Lasted until right around 1990.

1993- economic took off again. lasted until 199/2000, then a mild recession.

2002- 2008- sluggish economy but it was growing and UE was low. then 2008.

2009-2016- we have been in recovery which probably went into higher gear of acceleration around 2013.  It's not nonsense to think something could happen.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2016, 05:15:30 PM »

europe is electing far right hate groups to positions of power and WE are the ones that should be embarrassed.

that's not mutually exclusive…? both are embarrassing beyond belief
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 05:29:43 PM »

Trump is just one rich man trying to blow up the political system. That's not embarrassing. His supporters are embarrassing.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 05:37:38 PM »

Very embarrassing, to the point that I can't defend my party anymore.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 05:45:44 PM »

As an American, a person in the Western world, and a human being, I am very embarrassed.

trump has the exact same position on trade that a 90s democrat had.

get off your high horse.

If you find trump embarrassing, then you can't sit there and let europe off the hook. UKIP, eastenr european far right, all much more powerful than whatever fascism exists here.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2016, 05:49:00 PM »

R/Very Embarrassed.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2016, 05:49:44 PM »

This whole election is embarrassing
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2016, 05:52:08 PM »

Fargobison

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2016, 05:54:22 PM »

The entire GOP primary is a trainwreck. A global embarrassment.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2016, 06:04:43 PM »

As an American, a person in the Western world, and a human being, I am very embarrassed.

trump has the exact same position on trade that a 90s democrat had.
get off your high horse.
If you find trump embarrassing, then you can't sit there and let europe off the hook. UKIP, eastenr european far right, all much more powerful than whatever fascism exists here.

marty(boshembechle),

Just stop and listen to yourself.
Picture yourself in the middle of a high school auditorium. And directly behind you is a giant elephant (trump). If front of and facing you (and the elephant) is a large crowd of people (members in Atlas) and the question is "who ate all the peanuts?"

Everyone is looking at the elephant, but you try to get everyone to look away and you yell out to the crowd and point with your arms and fingers to other areas of the auditorium.
You scream...  "look over there to Europe !" and then you point in the opposite direction and scream "look over there at UKIP !" and you also point straight down and say "look someone dropped their gum here !"
Everyone stares at you (and the giant "elephant in the room") in amazement, and someone in the crowd whispers to the others ... "I think he is nuts."
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2016, 06:25:50 PM »

It's actually quite refreshing. Strongly approve of Trump.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2016, 07:48:16 PM »

Embarrassing is an understatement. It is disturbing, horrifying, disgusting and appalling. meh
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies