Republicans/Conservatives Who Will NOT Vote for Trump Sign In Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:35:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Republicans/Conservatives Who Will NOT Vote for Trump Sign In Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Republicans/Conservatives Who Will NOT Vote for Trump Sign In Here  (Read 1345 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2016, 10:56:58 AM »

How many of the "principled" conservatives in this thread would have had no problem supporting Bush in 2004?

I'm not sure how the two are equivalent.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2016, 10:58:33 AM »

I wouldn't have supported Bush in 2004, just as I would not support Trump in 2016
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2016, 12:12:26 PM »

How many of the "principled" conservatives in this thread would have had no problem supporting Bush in 2004?
George W. Bush is a conservative. trump is not.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2016, 12:34:05 PM »

x Vosem
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2016, 04:28:43 PM »

No.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2016, 04:32:37 PM »

Now we know where the cucks are.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2016, 06:32:57 PM »

No.

I don't think that statement is really even contestable.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2016, 07:21:21 PM »

No.

It very much is.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2016, 07:25:40 PM »

Hardly surprising considering you proudly stated in another thread that you would have "definitely" voted for STROM THURMOND in 1948, whose entire campaign was based around White supremacy.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2016, 07:27:48 PM »

It's only "dumb" because Republicans should have realized that the spirit behind Donald Trump's rise is what's been animating the Republican base for years, even if it hadn't completely bubbled to the surface like it's doing now.

Not every registered Republican is responsible for the sins of everyone in the party, and if a Republican has convictions to refuse to support Trump, he or she isn't "dumb" for doing so, and more importantly they aren't "getting what they deserve," or whatever.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2016, 07:30:00 PM »

using this word unironically = back on ignore again
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2016, 07:30:42 PM »

It's only "dumb" because Republicans should have realized that the spirit behind Donald Trump's rise is what's been animating the Republican base for years, even if it hadn't completely bubbled to the surface like it's doing now.

Not every registered Republican is responsible for the sins of everyone in the party, and if a Republican has convictions to refuse to support Trump, he or she isn't "dumb" for doing so, and more importantly they aren't "getting what they deserve," or whatever.
If you had "convictions" you wouldn't remain a Republican to begin with if that is how you view the party.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2016, 08:13:48 PM »

If you had "convictions" you wouldn't remain a Republican to begin with if that is how you view the party.

Huh?  I should change my registration because I don't like the current front runner?  That's ludicrous.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2016, 08:23:25 PM »

What if somebody doesn't support Trump but votes Republican for other offices? This whole debate about who is or isn't a "True Conservative" or a "RINO" is just silly, since people have varying reasons for voting the way they do and aren't under any obligation to vote fro somebody just becasue of a party label.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2016, 08:26:25 PM »

I don't like Trump, but I will vote for him if he is the nominee, because he is far better than Clinton, and the Supreme Court is on the line.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2016, 11:05:46 PM »

No.

It very much is.

OK, contest it. I would say trump being opportunistic and insincere in his views is pretty much a given (considering his numerous wholesale changes of ideology throughout his life and frequent changes on individual issues throughout the campaign), making him not a conservative, and that Bush at the very least campaigned as a conservative and tried to govern as a conservative -- he was hamstrung by foreign policy being the critical issue of his presidency and therefore made few domestic changes (though I'll notice he successfully cut taxes, expanded school choice, enacted free trade deals, and put Samuel Alito and John Roberts on the Supreme Court, who went on to give us decisions like Heller, McDonald, and Citizens United). Obviously far from perfect, but I think anyone reasonable would struggle to say that he was not conservative.

I don't like Trump, but I will vote for him if he is the nominee, because he is far better than Clinton, and the Supreme Court is on the line.

If we can maintain our hold on the Senate, the Supreme Court really shouldn't be on the line. This is of course a very big if, and another very important reason not to support trump -- I doubt Cruz will be able to beat Hillary (though he's got a helluva better shot than trump does), but at least without trump weighing them down people like Portman, Toomey, and Ayotte will be returned to the Senate.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2016, 11:08:47 PM »

No.

It very much is.

OK, contest it. I would say trump being opportunistic and insincere in his views is pretty much a given (considering his numerous wholesale changes of ideology throughout his life and frequent changes on individual issues throughout the campaign), making him not a conservative, and that Bush at the very least campaigned as a conservative and tried to govern as a conservative -- he was hamstrung by foreign policy being the critical issue of his presidency and therefore made few domestic changes (though I'll notice he successfully cut taxes, expanded school choice, enacted free trade deals, and put Samuel Alito and John Roberts on the Supreme Court, who went on to give us decisions like Heller, McDonald, and Citizens United). Obviously far from perfect, but I think anyone reasonable would struggle to say that he was not conservative.

If we can maintain our hold on the Senate, the Supreme Court really shouldn't be on the line. This is of course a very big if, and another very important reason not to support trump -- I doubt Cruz will be able to beat Hillary (though he's got a helluva better shot than trump does), but at least without trump weighing them down people like Portman, Toomey, and Ayotte will be returned to the Senate.

I agree with you about opposing Trump for the nomination.  But, if he does beat Cruz and the rest of the field, I will vote for him because he won't be as bad as President Clinton would be.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2016, 11:10:58 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2016, 11:15:48 PM by MW Representative RFayette »

Hardly surprising considering you proudly stated in another thread that you would have "definitely" voted for STROM THURMOND in 1948, whose entire campaign was based around White supremacy.

No, it was because he was the most conservative candidate running, and one who I think could have at least delayed the counter-culture of the '60s.  Of course I disagree with him on civil rights.  Plus, he wouldn't have lost China to the reds like Truman (and Dewey probably would have, too).
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2016, 12:41:53 AM »

As a principled movement conservative, I would rather see President Clinton II erase freedom and speech, abolish the second amendment, and stack the Supreme Court with radical leftists than be looked down upon by my friends at the country club.

x clash
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2016, 12:49:49 AM »

I'm not sure how the two are equivalent.

You're right. One was a mass murderer and war criminal, the other is a stupid demagog.

> calls Trump stupid
> misspells demagogue

TN, those angry woman are really getting to you, huh?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2016, 11:15:21 AM »

As a principled movement conservative, I would rather see President Clinton II erase freedom and speech, abolish the second amendment, and stack the Supreme Court with radical leftists than be looked down upon by my friends at the country club.

x clash

Except for the minor little detail that Hillary will do none of those things.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2016, 09:14:12 AM »

x clash

Except for the minor little detail that Hillary will do none of those things.

I've heard Hillary HATES ethics in video game journalism
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2016, 11:23:24 AM »

I'm a member of the #NeverTrump Movement, but I have not committed, officially, to not supporting Trump in the general.

I will not commit at this time to vote for Trump or to not vote for Trump. I will however say I will NOT support Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders.

Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2016, 12:46:49 PM »

I trust Mrs. Clinton and trump as far as I can throw them. I assume that Mrs. Clinton is lighter, so I can throw her farther.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2016, 03:45:35 PM »

I'm a member of the #NeverTrump Movement, but I have not committed, officially, to not supporting Trump in the general.

I will not commit at this time to vote for Trump or to not vote for Trump. I will however say I will NOT support Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies