What Clinton should do when this is over.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:49:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What Clinton should do when this is over.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: What Clinton should do when this is over.  (Read 3517 times)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2016, 10:03:06 PM »

Lol Beet has Sanders winning California by 18%.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2016, 10:06:28 PM »

Nurse ratched, where did you put the medication for Mr Beet?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2016, 10:11:12 PM »

Beet, you need to take a long holiday from this forum.  Trust me, it would do you a lot of good.  You built up a reputation over the years as being among the more respectable posters -don't throw it all away through your bipolar hysterics here.   
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2016, 10:11:40 PM »

Okay, fair enough, thanks for posting it. But these are quite silly predictions. Sanders winning NY? Winning NJ by 12? Winning WI/PA/IN/CA by nearly 20 points? Winning Puerto Rico by nearly 30 points?!

And even if this extremely pessimistic and ludicrous prediction came to pass, he'd win by a scant 37 delegates. How exactly is that worth a full scale meltdown about how she might as well drop out now because she has no chance?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2016, 10:12:21 PM »

Beet, you need to take a long holiday from this forum.  Trust me, it would do you a lot of good.  You built up a reputation over the years as being among the more respectable posters -don't throw it all away through your bipolar hysterics here.   

Or at least a holiday until April 20th after New York probably ends the race.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2016, 10:13:14 PM »

I was thinking until after Labor Day. 
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2016, 10:14:06 PM »

The circumstances may not be quite the same, but watch this clip from Veep. It's one of my favourite shows right now, but try to calm down and imagine Hillary Clinton in that role if you must. (That was literally one of my favourite scenes from the show, including the preceding part where she is told that.)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2016, 10:31:25 PM »

He'll probably just raise his California prediction to S+50 to compensate. Tongue
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2016, 10:37:54 PM »

While I won't be surprised if NY is close, I just can't see Sanders winning it. Aside from the Michigan fluke, every time Sanders had a chance to pull off something big this primary season he failed epically. He couldn't win Iowa. He couldn't win Nevada. He couldn't hold Hillary under 60% in South Carolina. He couldn't even make her sweat in any southern Super Tuesday state aside from Oklahoma. And he couldn't win anything on March 15. It's really hard to see Sanders pulling off New York with that sort of terrible track record of pulling off real, damaging defeats of the neocorporatist warmonger.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2016, 10:42:18 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2016, 10:43:49 PM by Beet »

I have NY as a tie-- 51-49 Clinton win.

In any case, one more data point, for the "Beet needs xanax" crowd Tongue :

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2016, 10:43:22 PM »

When this is over, she will move into the White House as the US' first female president.

And Bill can move in as well as the First Man.

That is looking inevitable given the republicans lack of focus.

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2016, 10:45:17 PM »

I've been doing comparisons between Clinton's 2008 and 2016 performance and am going to throw some stats out there to quell some of the more overreactionary Clinton supporters. Sanders has been out-doing Obama in caucuses, but outside the northeast (barring Michigan, where Clinton only gained 54% even when unopposed) Clinton has done slightly better than her 08 performance. Clinton has basically been winning the same states overall she won in 2008, Sanders is also largely winning Obama's states as well. Sanders has managed to flip MI, OK, and NH (the latter had Clinton only getting one ponit better in 2008, and the vote was split three ways.) Clinton meanwhile has picked up the entire southern belt Obama won (except MD and DE which haven't voted) as well as IL, IA, and MO. So there is absolutely nothing at all unexpected to me about how today's states voted (and Hawaii will also be a near blowout as well.)  I don't see how this is an indication that Clinton will somehow lose the big NE states or California that she won last time, let alone by 20+ point margins. I would honestly be more worried as a Sanders suppoter than a Clinton one at this point (due to the delegate math and comparison to last primary.)

I'll also add that I'm mainly a reader on the forum (I am fine with either Dem winning, I have nothing against either) and mainly make statistical comments as this is essentially my sport, but it gets a bit tiresome when looking for valid analysis to see hysterical threads after each batch of states by the respective lesser-voted supporters.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2016, 10:49:35 PM »

Making money off of predictit is actually pretty easy.  I made lots off of ID, UT, and WA when Clinton was super overvalued in those states. (though I pay in a small amount of money in the first place, so 'lots' is relative.)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2016, 10:52:34 PM »

I've been doing comparisons between Clinton's 2008 and 2016 performance and am going to throw some stats out there to quell some of the more overreactionary Clinton supporters.

It's literally just Beet though.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2016, 10:56:15 PM »

Oh wow how much did you start with?
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2016, 10:57:05 PM »

I think Beet is buying the ridiculous argument that Sanders makes about how he wins when turnout is high, so as long as there is high turnout he's gonna win everything. Similar to how Cruz claims he's gonna win the general by turning out "courageous conservatives" who will somehow magically appear from the trees and make America ruby red again.

No more pie in the sky from Ted and Bernie; I'm sick of it!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2016, 11:17:17 PM »

Well, one good thing did come out of this thread, the neat delegate calculator Beet linked to. To think I was wasting my time calculating this by hand before...thanks Beet!
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2016, 11:25:50 PM »

I'm the opposite of hysterical. I'm very calm. Which is how Clinton needs to be in her concession speech. We don't want this turning into a Pat Schroeder '87 style situation.

Like this guy?

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2016, 12:38:51 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

He already has. Aside from the Obama/Clinton race, and the Hart/Mondale race, he's ahead of Teddy Kennedy and Jesse Jackson in their respective runs, and will likely exceed both in the primary total vote count, and their delegate count.

1k+ delegates conceded to a primary opponent is significant no matter how the Hillary voters want to spin it.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2016, 12:44:51 AM »

Significant opposition? Lol. Your candidate is going to win. You have like 6 million primary votes and are already going off blathering about Gary Hart. Hillary Clinton already has more votes than Harry Truman yet will Bernie supporters acknowledge she has significant support when she loses? Of course not. It'll be all "we pulled off a miracle blah blah blah". Her support will never be acknowledged.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2016, 12:53:20 AM »

Many of you are too new to know this, but Beet goes through this roughly every four years.  It's quite entertaining, and of course is always completely wrong in the end.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2016, 12:55:41 AM »

basically beet is a weather vane that always points in exactly the wrong direction
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2016, 01:04:51 AM »

My own rough predictions leave Sanders 235 delegates behind at the end (I assumed 60-40 Sanders for HI).

http://DemRace.com/?share=i8mhRctZ
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2016, 01:22:00 AM »

My own rough predictions leave Sanders 235 delegates behind at the end (I assumed 60-40 Sanders for HI).

http://DemRace.com/?share=i8mhRctZ

http://demrace.com/

whoah how long has this been a thing??
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2016, 01:29:09 AM »

Many of you are too new to know this, but Beet goes through this roughly every four years.  It's quite entertaining, and of course is always completely wrong in the end.

Not quite the same thing, but my favorite Beetism was when I was posting news stories about possible 2012 GOP presidential candidates back in 2010, and Beet said that he was confused about why I was bothering, since it was obvious that Palin was going to be the nominee.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies