There may be some mistakes in my wrting, could you help me correct them?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:42:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  There may be some mistakes in my wrting, could you help me correct them?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: There may be some mistakes in my wrting, could you help me correct them?  (Read 257 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 27, 2016, 12:38:45 AM »

Some parents think it’s better to choose a local province university. Studying in distant universities may cause some problems. The train ride may take students more than 24 hours, and it’s difficult do buy a ticket near the end of year. Some students don’t like the food in other places. But many students don’t think so. They like to have a look at the outside world and make more friends all over the country. They also want to learn some different dialects and customs.

In my opinion, students have to be careful to choose where to study. The university life will last at least four years. Once the decision is made, it could hardly be changed. If you are good at look after yourself and have a strong sense of independence, you can go to a university far from your hometown. If you are quiet and don’t like things to be changed too much ,then stay where you are to start your college life. Of course, both choices will see your failure if you don’t study hard during your college time. 
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 07:00:24 AM »

Here are some simple changes.

Some parents think it’s better to choose a local province provincial university. Studying in at distant universities may cause some problems. The train ride may take students more than 24 hours, and it’s difficult do to buy a ticket near the end of year. Some sStudents don’t may not like the food in other places. But many students don’t think so a distant university is better. They like to have a look at want to see the outside world and make more friends all over the country. They also want to learn some different dialects and customs.

In my opinion, students have to be carefully to choose where to study. The uUniversity life will last at least four years. Once the decision is made, it could hardly be changed is hard to change. If you are good at looking after yourself and have a strong sense of independence, you can go to a university far from your hometown. If you are quiet and don’t like things to be changed too much, then stay where you are to start your college life. Of course, both choices will see your end in failure if you don’t study hard during your college time. 

If you have any questions why I suggested any specific changes, I'll be happy to respond.
kcguy
Romania

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 09:56:45 AM »

I had my own ideas before I read muon's, so I'll pretend I didn't read his.  Even though a lot of our comments are the same, it can't hurt for you to have a second opinion.

Some parents think it’s better to choose a local province provincial university. Studying in distant universities may cause some problems. The train ride may take students more than 24 hours, and it’s difficult do to buy a ticket near the end of the year. Some students don’t like the food in other places. But many students don’t think so. They like to have a look at the outside world and make more friends from all over the country. They also want to learn some different dialects and customs.

In my opinion, students have to be careful to choose when choosing where to study. The university life will last at least four years. Once the decision is made, it could hardly be changed. If you are good at looking after yourself and have a strong sense of independence, you can go to a university far from your hometown. If you are quiet and don’t like things to be changed too much ,then stay where you are to start your college life. Of course, both choices will see your failure you fail if you don’t study hard during your college time. 

Now that I've looked more closely at muon's comments, I definitely agree with his "want to see" change.  I don't have a logical reason for not liking "like to have a look at"; it just feels like there are too many words there.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies