More American Students Leaving US for College Education Abroad (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:17:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  More American Students Leaving US for College Education Abroad (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More American Students Leaving US for College Education Abroad  (Read 1667 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: March 29, 2016, 11:24:12 PM »
« edited: March 29, 2016, 11:27:37 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market »

Travel abroad is an absurd concept, one that I never understood the appeal of, but then again, so is traveling far for college to begin with and I'm guilty enough of that.

For the most part Tony, I don't think the travel abroad experience is helping as many people as even you want to hope. Sure tons of ignorants go on their luxury vacation, but remember the vast majority of people don't even have a degree. It's best to separate the groups. No doubt ignorance of the world is widespread in colleges, but the majority in that segment probably does understand those matters quite well, particularly amongst the wealthy who can afford such a trip.

To answer a question posed earlier in this thread - my cousins in middle school are considering a full Italian post-secondary education if and only if it's cost effective (which may or may not require citizenship). I don't see it being much different than a nearby state school however. Plane costs are obscene.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 11:38:00 PM »

Haha, yes, I was just coming back to fix that after thinking on it for a second. Spot on.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 11:39:05 PM »

Haha, yes, I was just coming back to fix that after thinking on it for a second. Spot on.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 11:40:14 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies