More American Students Leaving US for College Education Abroad (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:36:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  More American Students Leaving US for College Education Abroad (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More American Students Leaving US for College Education Abroad  (Read 1680 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 28, 2016, 05:50:44 PM »

Figure also that Latin-American universities can be very high in quality and low in cost.

If I were forty years younger would I go overseas to college to save about $10K in educational costs? Why not? I'd have to be very homesick to not jump at the offer. I'd have to be very homesick to stay in the Midwest if I could afford (with the aid of scholarships) to attend Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Princeton, Stanford, etc.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 07:50:51 PM »

1. Some of the countries have populations in decline. Inviting Americans to be students there might offer a partial solution.

2. This could be an appeal to people descended from the people in whose country they are going to school so that the Americans descended from that country can maintain, redevelop, or recover ethnic ties. This might be especially so in a country with a not-very-widely spoken language. Such languages are not very popular in college due to their limited use and difficult.

3. The country might want to promote its national culture among Americans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies