Who hates whom more?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:52:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Who hates whom more?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who hates whom more? (Your party affiliation)
Conservtives Obama. (D)
Conservtives Obama. (R)
Liberals Bush. (D)
Liberals Bush. (R)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Who hates whom more?  (Read 993 times)
sportydude

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 28, 2016, 04:46:12 AM »
« edited: March 31, 2016, 02:04:54 PM by sportydude »

Sorry for not clarifying enough. I'm referring to Bush 2008 vs. Obama 2016, of course.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 04:52:14 AM »

Conservatives Obama.
Liberals hated Bush because they considered him an idiot and a fraud.
But conservatives have whipped themselves into a frenzy that Obama is a Muslim gay communist Antichrist.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 05:03:01 AM »

Liberals hate Bush because he was particularly bad even for a Republican. He's a war criminal who started a war for no good reason.

Republicans hate Obama like they would hate any generic Democrat. The conspiracy theories they believe about him may be tailored to his particular race but they will believing similar ridiculous things about the next Democratic president.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 08:28:05 AM »

More idiots thought Dubya was going to stay in power by starting a war.  I've seen idiots think the same about Obama, but it was worse with Dubya.  I suppose there is still time.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 09:04:03 AM »

Liberals hate Bush because he was particularly bad even for a Republican. He's a war criminal who started a war for no good reason.

Republicans hate Obama like they would hate any generic Democrat. The conspiracy theories they believe about him may be tailored to his particular race but they will believing similar ridiculous things about the next Democratic president.

I'd say 60% of conservative hatred of Obama is because he's a liberal Democrat, and 40% is because he's Black.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 09:21:02 AM »

Some people hate Obama for other reasons.  And some people hated Dubya because he was white or a Republican.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 09:23:49 AM »

I mean, as crazed and fevered as Conservative hatred for Obama is, I don't see them regularly calling for him to be dragged to international court and executed.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 10:23:29 AM »

I mean, as crazed and fevered as Conservative hatred for Obama is, I don't see them regularly calling for him to be dragged to international court and executed.

That mostly has to do with Obama detractors usually not even being far enough educated to think of anything like that. That and those that are  look to Hillary for Benghazi.

Anyway, regressive (since Obama is conservative) politicians quite obviously hate Obama more given how they've obstructed away any meaningful fixes from the Bush years and even now are denying an SC nomination out of spite.

However liberal activists hate Bush more, between the pointless war, sketchy election victory, Dick Cheney, and climate change denial, well it's quite easy to see why.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 10:40:41 AM »

Question (I'm legitimately curious):

Would you have the same impression of why conservatives dislike him if he were the same President and race, but his name was Barry Smith?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 11:54:51 AM »

Would you have the same impression of why conservatives dislike him if he were the same President and race, but his name was Barry Smith?

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. You should just make it yourself rather than try to trick me into making it for you by asking loaded (?) questions.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 12:41:15 PM »

This is true. Most of us don't like him because we don't like what he and his party stand for.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 01:19:07 PM »

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. You should just make it yourself rather than try to trick me into making it for you by asking loaded (?) questions.

Actually, I wasn't trying to be tricky at all.  I was just asking whether you thought it had more to do with his race (African-American) or his name (Muslim sounding).  Of course, I think 95% of conservatives are opposed to him because he is a liberal Democrat.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 01:41:15 PM »

Conservatives with Obama, but if Trump somehow wins he may exceed both combined.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 01:43:57 PM »

Not sure one stands out above the other, honestly.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 02:56:21 PM »

Actually, I wasn't trying to be tricky at all.  I was just asking whether you thought it had more to do with his race (African-American) or his name (Muslim sounding).  Of course, I think 95% of conservatives are opposed to him because he is a liberal Democrat.

I think it's because his dad's from Kenya. If his dad was a Black dude from America,there obviously wouldn't have been Birtherism.
i4indyguy
Rookie
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 02:55:08 PM »

I think this is quite obviously either R v. Obama or D. V  Bush. 

I would vote repubs v. Obama, if only because he is illicits the freshest and most 'un-resolved' antipathy.   The wounds of GWB have had 8 years to heal already.   His approval ratingz are now over 50% for pete sake.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 03:18:39 PM »

This thread belongs in Hackistan........lol.  Dubs is one of the most vilified Presidents in history.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2016, 04:27:26 PM »

That mostly has to do with Obama detractors usually not even being far enough educated to think of anything like that. That and those that are  look to Hillary for Benghazi.

Anyway, regressive (since Obama is conservative) politicians quite obviously hate Obama more given how they've obstructed away any meaningful fixes from the Bush years and even now are denying an SC nomination out of spite.

However liberal activists hate Bush more, between the pointless war, sketchy election victory, Dick Cheney, and climate change denial, well it's quite easy to see why.

No, it isn't "educated" to bring either Bush or Obama to the ICC or the ICJ because only crazy people would think either one are war criminals.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2016, 04:30:04 PM »

I feel like the morons claiming Obama isn't/wasn't a legitimate lawful President mostly tapered off after he published his super-duper mega ultimate final form official birth certificate. While there are no longer that many morons claiming Bush was illegitimate because he "Stole" the 2004 election, you still have a considerable number who have convinced themselves that Bush was illegitimate because he "Stole" the 2000 election ... because boo hoo icky 7-2 Republican Supreme Court. I feel like imagining fake illegitimacy is a pretty strong sign of continuing hatred. It's hard to gauge fairly though since Obama is still in office.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2016, 05:22:01 PM »

I am an Independent. The left did worse with President Bush and Vice President Cheney since Day 1, 2001. They felt that Florida and almost Wisconsin was stolen in 2000 and they despise him by protesting at the White House, Union Square, N.Y.C, Miami, Seattle, etc. with Workers World and People's Power Assembly.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2016, 06:46:24 PM »

The Left hated Bush more -  They called him a war criminal, tyrant, blamed Bush for everything and anything even things which were out of his hands, and  made up conspiracies about 9/11.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2016, 12:57:06 AM »

Conservatives Obama.
But conservatives have whipped themselves into a frenzy that Obama is a Muslim gay communist Antichrist.

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2016, 01:01:47 AM »

Conservatives Obama.

Just about sums up my opinion on this. Especially the line about Bush.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 04:27:34 AM »

The last favourability for George W Bush I can find, that includes a brake down by Conservative-Moderate-Liberal support, is the CNN/ORC poll conducted 29-31 May 2015. That put liberals' favourability-unfavourability of Bush at 28-68.

The latest CNN/ORC poll on job approval of Obama was conducted from 17-20 March. That put conservatives' approval-disapproval of Obama at 23-76.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 06:26:58 AM »

What does Dubya's favourability rating now (or in 2015) prove?  What an odd thing to add.  His nation wide polling was at 20% at one time.

wait wait wait....are we asking who is more hated NOW?  That's a silly question, of course it would be Obama.  If the question is who hated who more during their Presidency (which is a much better question and one I think most of us thought we were answering) then the answer, at least to me, is lefties hating Dubya.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies