Trump calls into Wisconsin radio show, doesn't know that host is #NeverTrump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:41:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump calls into Wisconsin radio show, doesn't know that host is #NeverTrump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump calls into Wisconsin radio show, doesn't know that host is #NeverTrump  (Read 1778 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2016, 07:53:19 AM »

SE Wisconsin might start looking like Utah for Trump.

Walworth, Waukesha, Washington, and Ozaukee Counties (Milwuakee exurbs) are ultra-right-wing, ultra-wealthy, pro-business, McMansion and McMegachurch country.  It's Texas suburban sprawl, cheesehead-style.  This is Cruz country.
Democratic Cynicalism
Rookie
Australia

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2016, 08:24:32 AM »

Trump got grilled on a few other conservative Wisconsin talk radio shows. Vicki McKenna was also very tough on him. Really tried to get to specifics on the wall and other areas.

At 4:19 she was bragging about Wisconsin being 4th in manufacturing in the Midwest... normally I don't agree with Trump but he was right to say that's not really a great achievement. Do conservatives really think that Walker has been a good governor?

That made me chuckle as well. 4th from 12 (I think) is just barely top third.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2016, 08:27:39 AM »

At 4:19 she was bragging about Wisconsin being 4th in manufacturing in the Midwest... normally I don't agree with Trump but he was right to say that's not really a great achievement. Do conservatives really think that Walker has been a good governor?

That made me chuckle as well. 4th from 12 (I think) is just barely top third.

Wisconsin and Minnesota can be taken as a case study in divergent outcomes based on policy choices.  Their economic strength was essentially identical thirty years ago.  Today Minnesota is a shining star of the north, and Wisconsin is an embarrassment.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2016, 09:07:26 AM »

A pretty damning admission here: National reporters don't go after Trump as much as Sykes did because they're afraid that Trump will withhold access:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8l-QEPFsUM
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2016, 09:09:32 AM »

A pretty damning admission here: National reporters don't go after Trump as much as Sykes did because they're afraid that Trump will withhold access:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8l-QEPFsUM

I suspect that is a common syndrome in the press. Some however might play the game of trashing on one candidate, to get more access to the opposition candidate.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2016, 10:52:50 AM »

Trump is such a weakling as a person. Whining about how he repeats magazine statements without checking them. No spine, no energy.
Weakling? Seriously?

You don't get to where Trump is in life by being a "weakling?"

He JUST wrote the basic textbook on business negotiations, but he's "weak." OK.

Getting to the position of rich idiot when you're born a rich idiot requires basically nothing.

Do you think it's a sign of strength to defend a statement by saying that you read it in a magazine so it's not your fault if it's wrong? Wah, wah. I mean, Jesus, the guy should be able to stand up for himself.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2016, 12:14:56 PM »

This is going to be a very amusing week. Trump might be better off folding his hand, not trying to contest Wisconsin and moving on to the next state.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2016, 01:29:47 PM »

That radio host destroyed Trump, and Trump wasn't at all prepared. This shows that Trump literally cannot defend himself or his record (or lack thereof).

This is as hard hitting as his competitors should've been.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2016, 02:44:00 PM »

This is going to be a very amusing week. Trump might be better off folding his hand, not trying to contest Wisconsin and moving on to the next state.

Took a look at his even schedule between today and saturday: Janesville, De Pere, Appleton, and Wausau. As of now he's skipping the Milwaukee area and doubling up in the Northeast. Smart strategy.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2016, 02:47:15 PM »

Walworth, Waukesha, Washington, and Ozaukee Counties (Milwuakee exurbs) are ultra-right-wing, ultra-wealthy, pro-business, McMansion and McMegachurch country.  It's Texas suburban sprawl, cheesehead-style.  This is Cruz country.

Walworth County is actually more like McHenry County, IL, where Trump did really well, than the WOW counties.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2016, 03:15:13 PM »

Walworth County is actually more like McHenry County, IL, where Trump did really well, than the WOW counties.

I keep forgetting Burlington and Waterford are in Racine County, not Walworth :-).

Lake Geneva is definitely an extension of McHenry Co, IL.  The northern half of the county is starting to see the Milwaukee sprawl. 
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2016, 03:39:10 PM »

I keep forgetting Burlington and Waterford are in Racine County, not Walworth :-).

Lake Geneva is definitely an extension of McHenry Co, IL.  The northern half of the county is starting to see the Milwaukee sprawl. 

Yeah, Western Racine County is very much like the WOW counties. I imagine Trump would do better in the Eastern part of the county. I agree with your split of Walworth County. 
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2016, 03:51:52 PM »

Yeah, Western Racine County is very much like the WOW counties. I imagine Trump would do better in the Eastern part of the county. I agree with your split of Walworth County. 

I lived in the Fox Valley for 18 years (well, 7 of those years were really in Madison), so I'm very familiar with GB-Appleton-Oshkosh.  These days when I go up, I hang in Burlington, since we have a good friend there.

I know the Northeast Wisconsin megachurch culture well enough to write a book.  Those cats are fascinating.  All disgruntled Catholics.  In fact, the Catholic/ex-Catholic split may be the most important political divide there Smiley.
yankeesfan
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2016, 12:05:18 AM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/why-wisconsins-never-trump-movement-is-different-221407

Great article about Charlie Sykes and the #NeverTrump movement in Wisconsin.  Did you know that his ex-wife, Diane Sykes, was one of the judges that Trump suggested be nominated for the Supreme Court?  No you didn't know that?  Trump had no idea either.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies