Did Lee Harvey Oswald act alone?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:11:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Did Lee Harvey Oswald act alone?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Did Lee Harvey Oswald act alone?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Did Lee Harvey Oswald act alone?  (Read 5783 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2016, 10:18:18 PM »

No.

We all know that both John F Kennedy and Robert F Kennedy had affairs with actress Marilyn Monroe.

We also know that both JFK and RFK broke off their relationships with MM when she was becoming a liability, and that she committed suicide.

I believe that Marilyn Monroe's housekeeper hired a shooter to assassinate JFK, and possibly RFK as well.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2016, 07:56:25 AM »

can't tell if serious
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2016, 03:53:38 PM »

Well, I always love a good conspiracy theory.  Smiley
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2016, 01:52:18 AM »

Definitely not, and this is probably the only major conspiracy theory that I think has any merit to it.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2016, 02:18:27 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2016, 02:34:30 PM by Adam T »

I also agree this is one of the few conspiracy theories that make sense.

1.How was Oswald, if he did the shooting at all, able to get into the Soviet Union and then re-enter the United States with no problems not too long later?

2.How did the shooter get off the number of shots fired in the time given?

3.I don't think the forensic evidence points to Oswald.  The 'single bullet theory' is absolute nonsense.  And the author of that theory, Arlen Spector, is not a physicist.  

4.Why did Jack Ruby, a known Mafia member, kill Oswald?  The reason he gave also strikes me as absolute nonsense.

5.It wasn't known at the time, but it is now known that the CIA and the Mafia were working together to assassinate at least one foreign leader: Fidel Castro.  They may have collaborated on killing other foreign leaders, and if they collaborated on  attempting to kill at least one foreign leader, why couldn't they have killed a domestic leader whom they both hated?

I am aware that in seemingly every murder investigation (which is what this basically is) there are anomalies that could be made out to suggest conspiracy theories, but I do think in this case these anomalies point to a possibility, and maybe even a strong possibility, of CIA/Mafia involvement. 

Of course, I don't know if this was at the top of the CIA who wanted to stop Kennedy before he could 'break their agency into a million pieces' or just rogue elements who were unhappy with Kennedy's treatment of the Dulles brothers.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2016, 02:48:24 PM »

Did he act alone?  Yes
Was there a conspiracy? Probably
I don't buy the CIA+Cuba+Oilman stuff though.
CanadianObserver
Rookie
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2016, 09:54:14 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oswald's trip to the Soviet Union was in the mid 50's.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2016, 10:04:48 AM »

and lots of people took trips to the Soviet Union.  Well, not lots, but certainly more than a handful.  Depending on timing, it wasn't that big of a deal to visit behind the Iron Curtain.  They liked American dollars just like everybody else.  The "wall", like all bad walls, was designed to keep people in, not out.
CanadianObserver
Rookie
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2016, 10:14:47 AM »

Did he act alone?  Yes

You can't deny the oilman angle in this. Oswald worked at the Texas Depository at the time. It was owned by a guy named D.H.Byrd (David Harold Byrd). He was friends with the guys that were part of the  Big Oil group in Dallas, along with Clint Murchison, H. H. Hunt and Sid Richardson. Big backers of LBJ'S Election campaigns.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2016, 03:24:37 PM »

Did he act alone?  Yes

You can't deny the oilman angle in this. Oswald worked at the Texas Depository at the time. It was owned by a guy named D.H.Byrd (David Harold Byrd). He was friends with the guys that were part of the  Big Oil group in Dallas, along with Clint Murchison, H. H. Hunt and Sid Richardson. Big backers of LBJ'S Election campaigns.

So you are, indirectly, linking the assassination to LBJ?
CanadianObserver
Rookie
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2016, 09:42:16 AM »

Did he act alone?  Yes

So you are, indirectly, linking the assassination to LBJ?

Yes, you could say that.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2016, 03:55:18 PM »

and lots of people took trips to the Soviet Union.  Well, not lots, but certainly more than a handful.  Depending on timing, it wasn't that big of a deal to visit behind the Iron Curtain.  They liked American dollars just like everybody else.  The "wall", like all bad walls, was designed to keep people in, not out.

The interesting thing is that Oswald didn't take a trip, but actually defected and came back with a Russian wife. This wasn't a student going behind the curtain for a couple of weeks, but rather someone going to live there.

On the point though whilst Oswald has certain ties to these elements, it really wasn't that unnatural back in the Cold War- especially as he was someone who worked within the U2 program.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2016, 03:16:18 PM »

Of course not: Ted Cruz's father was the real mastermind behind the assassination. He did what he had to do to stop JFK from selling out the country to communists.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2016, 09:18:00 PM »

Could aliens (extraterrestrial beings) have had anything to do with the JFK assassination?
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2016, 01:00:20 AM »

Could aliens (extraterrestrial beings) have had anything to do with the JFK assassination?

Yes, Mr. Rafael Cruz.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2016, 01:47:02 AM »

1.How was Oswald, if he did the shooting at all, able to get into the Soviet Union and then re-enter the United States with no problems not too long later?

3.I don't think the forensic evidence points to Oswald.  The 'single bullet theory' is absolute nonsense.  And the author of that theory, Arlen Spector, is not a physicist.  

4.Why did Jack Ruby, a known Mafia member, kill Oswald?  The reason he gave also strikes me as absolute nonsense.

5.It wasn't known at the time, but it is now known that the CIA and the Mafia were working together to assassinate at least one foreign leader: Fidel Castro.  They may have collaborated on killing other foreign leaders, and if they collaborated on  attempting to kill at least one foreign leader, why couldn't they have killed a domestic leader whom they both hated?

I am aware that in seemingly every murder investigation (which is what this basically is) there are anomalies that could be made out to suggest conspiracy theories, but I do think in this case these anomalies point to a possibility, and maybe even a strong possibility, of CIA/Mafia involvement. 

Of course, I don't know if this was at the top of the CIA who wanted to stop Kennedy before he could 'break their agency into a million pieces' or just rogue elements who were unhappy with Kennedy's treatment of the Dulles brothers.

Adam just summed up my thoughts, which are the only things keeping me from calling this a typcally cockamamie conspiracy theory
Ungern
Rookie
Belgium
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2016, 07:01:03 AM »

For me

a) I'm even not sure that Oswald has fired on Kennedy ...
He was too visible ...  He was (for me) the man who will pay and not the man who will fire.
Nobody can explain the reasons of Oswald to kill the policeman "Pitty"

b) I'm sure that there was a team of 3 shooters (the snipers work always by team because the sniper can not seen apart his target ;you must thus have a man for the survey and a other for the close protection) .
In my mind there was two team of snipers one in face of the target and the other in the back of the target .
In my mind , these 6 snipers didn't survive long time after their mission : they has been shooted  immediately after their return .

c) the magic bullet is a "gag" ...
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2016, 03:50:51 PM »

I wasn't there, but I think he was alone. Then again, didn't exist during the assassination.
Ungern
Rookie
Belgium
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2016, 09:43:59 PM »

I think he was alone. Then again, didn't exist during the assassination.

Hello ,

Sorry but my english is bad ...
I dont understand what you say here :  "Then again, didn't exist during the assassination"...and it could be very interessant .
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2016, 06:10:12 AM »

He wasn't alive when it happened is all he is saying.

There is one conspiracy around this I've started to cotton to though....that the Soviets were involved somehow, and that's why some information was sealed for 50 years (or whatever) so the American people wouldn't force the world into WWIII out of revenge.

But there was only one shooter.
Ungern
Rookie
Belgium
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2016, 08:51:52 AM »

I'm sorry,but it's not possible :

a) The rate of fire is unpossible with his Manlicher Carcano .
b) The magic Bullet is not become on the stretcher of Kernnedy "alone" .
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2016, 07:11:11 AM »

I don't know why this always comes up.  How long do you think it takes for a well trained person to cycle a round?  It's less than a second.  It would not be hard at all for trained marksmen (which he was) to shoot three times and hit the target twice at that very short range.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2016, 12:48:24 PM »

I don't know why this always comes up.  How long do you think it takes for a well trained person to cycle a round?  It's less than a second.  It would not be hard at all for trained marksmen (which he was) to shoot three times and hit the target twice at that very short range.

History had a show about that a few years ago. Trained marksmen was able to get off that many shots and hit a moving target at that distance, get out of the building and get to where he was when he was found.

People love conspiracy theories, even when actual facts don't line up.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2016, 08:11:54 PM »

Adam just summed up my thoughts, which are the only things keeping me from calling this a typcally cockamamie conspiracy theory

Well...

In that list 1, 4 and 5 are reasonable questions.

However, there's been a lot of murky information about the remainder.

2. The timing.

Part of how this came about is due to people timing the Zapruder film. It's highlighted that JFK stops waving at frame 161, suggesting this is the time of the shot. However, if you combine eye-witnesses and a closer look at Kennedy, the shot is likely much earlier than frame 161. He seems to be reacting to something around frame 145, and given human reaction times, it was probably fire a couple of frames before that. A number of people who were at the corner of Houston and Elm said they heard the shot just as the car made the turn onto Elm. Some suggest that the shot actually hit the traffic light. Also, people have a tendency to add the first bullet loading into the shooting time, since that was already bolted... long story short all of these suggest the shooting happened over closer to eight seconds, instead of around six, not easy, but not impossible.

I think the other way is to look at the shooting is as a combination of accidents. First, the driver not reacting to the first or even second shot, second, Kennedy's back brace. VERY few people knew about this, if he'd not been wearing it, he would likely have fallen after the second shot, rather than being propped upright for the final shot. I think the shooter, Oswald or someone else, got 'lucky'.

3. The Magic Bullet is absolutely bulls***. However, it is BROADLY explicable. People seemed think that Kennedy and Connally were sitting at the same height, and one right behind the other. The problem is Connally was sitting significantly lower than JFK and almost a foot more toward the centre of the car. Connally was also not sitting front on, but was turning to his right at the time of the shooting, basically lining up his body perfectly. Try it yourself, put your hands on your thighs, then turn and look over your right shoulder, look at your alignment. The ONLY issue I have is every re-enacted is unable to recreate the shot through Kennedy and have the exit in the throat, it's usually exiting somewhere around the mid-chest.

If anything, the throat wound is the only thing that I think is off. EVERY doctor saw the throat wound as small, neat and basically an entry wound.

Wow... that was long-winded.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2016, 11:58:57 AM »

No Way.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length