Could you help me again correct my wrting mistakes?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:14:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Could you help me again correct my wrting mistakes?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could you help me again correct my wrting mistakes?  (Read 245 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 29, 2016, 04:26:23 AM »

Some students think it’s useful to learn English in an English-speaking country because they can use English everywhere. They can talk with native speakers and learn about the English culture and customs. But other students think differently. They believe it costs too much money to study there. Though many students have been studying in English-speaking countries for two or three years, they still make little progress.

In my opinion, it’s a good chance to learn English in English-speaking countries because what makes a good English learner not only requires high marks but also the real ability to talk with native speakers freely. Besides, we should learn to understand different English accents. If we always stick to the text books or the teachers to learn English , we may find it difficult  to communicate with native speakers.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 04:56:18 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2016, 05:07:01 PM by Miles »

Just the changes I'd personally make:

Some students think it’s useful to learn English in an English-speaking Anglophone country because they can use practice English everywhere. They can talkStudents can converse with native speakers and learn about the English immerse themselves in the culture and customs (Not all Anglophone countries have 'English cultures and customs'). But other students think differently, however, disagree. They believe it costs too much money to study there Some find it too costly to study abroad. Though While many students have been studying in English-speaking countries for two or three years, they still make little progress.

In my opinion, it’s a good chance beneficial to learn English in English-speaking Anglophone countries because what makes a good English learner not only requires high marks but also the real ability to talk with native speakers freely English students should be able to speak the language in the real world with native speakers. Besides, we they should learn to understand different English accents. If we always stick they only go by to the text books or the teachers classroom experience (you might not want to trash your teacher) to learn in learning English, we they may find it difficult  to communicate with native speakers.

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 11:45:34 PM »

Some students think it is useful to learn English in an Anglophone country because they are able to practice English in public places, I. E. stores, restaurants, and etc. Students may converse with native speakers and immerse themselves in the culture and customs, thereby catching onto slang. (Not all Anglophone countries have 'English cultures and customs'). However, other students may disagree. Some of the latter group find it too costly to study abroad. While many students may study in Anglophone countries for two or three years, these students may still make little progress.

In my opinion, it is beneficial to learn English in Anglophone countries because diligent students of the English language should be able to speak the language in the real world with native speakers using common language. Additionally, they should learn to understand various unusual or distinct English accents. If they only go by text books or the classroom learning(you might not want to trash your teacher) in speaking and practicing English, they may find it difficult to communicate with native speakers and to fully understand native speaker's dialogues, either with the student or students or with other native speakers.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies